Sources: Jason Kidd on strike, decided to sit out.....

Why is no one bothered by the fact that he allegedly went "on strike"?

Isn't that the same thing as quitting??

I can name a ton of players who if they did the same thing, they would have been crucified.

Before I clicked on this thread this is exactly what I was thinking....but because Kidd is such a "nice guy" people are gonna overlook this.
Just like they overlooked his domestic abuse charges and some even went as far as to defend him (calling his wife crazy, golddigger, etc)

smh.gif

Skip Bayless just said on First Take that a backcourt of Kidd/James would be the worst shooting backcourt in the league.
roll.gif

Skip Bayless just said on First Take that a backcourt of Kidd/James would be the worst shooting backcourt in the league.

Well, not to agree or anything, but LeBron hasn't developed a great jumper, and Kidd was never known for his consistant shooting.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

JDB1523 wrote:
And to the Laker hopefuls: HE'S SITTING OUT TO PLAY IN CLEVELAND. I know he wants out in general but if you read the article closely, and would have seen how he and Bron were acting the other night, you'd think he was going to Cleveland too.
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

When's he going to sign? Who's involved in the trade?

Look, if you're going to go into the future and then come back and tell us how things are going to be, you have to give us details.

If you don't mind giving me the winning lottery numbers for the next week also, I'd greatly appreciate it.
smile.gif
outacontrol music wrote:

eyes.gif

He never said it's going to happen for sure. He's saying Kidd's intentions are to go play alongside LEBRON. Not to play with Mr. Bryant. I didn't see the Lakers or Kobe anywhere in the article.

Why would you say, "I don't see anything about Kobe or the Lakers"? I didn't say there was anything about Kobe or the Lakers.

Are you trying to say that I was trying to say that he was going to Kobe and the Lakers?

Because I don't see where I said anything like that.

However, I do see this:
JDB1523 wrote:
HE'S SITTING OUT TO PLAY IN CLEVELAND.
So I don't now how you can say this:
outacontrol music wrote:

eyes.gif

He never said it's going to happen for sure.

Ummm... yeah, that's exactly what he said.
JDB1523 wrote:
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Sounds pretty definitive to me.
JDB1523 wrote:

Look, if you're going to go into the future and then come back and tell us how things are going to be, you have to give us details.

If you don't mind giving me the winning lottery numbers for the next week also, I'd greatly appreciate it.
smile.gif

It's called a 'What If,' ska. The whole situation is. I don't know the specifics of A TRADE but I'm assuming you read the article, which clearly states he's sitting out for a Cleveland trade.

And lucky lottery numbers? I'd go with 23 and 5
wink.gif

I understand that completely, but "He'll probably go to Cleveland' is an entirely different ballgame than "HE'S SITTING OUTTO PLAY IN CLEVELAND."

Just because an athlete says something, that means it's definitely going to happen?

You should know better than to believe that, because Varejao is definitely done with the Cavs, right?

And definitely returning to Brazil, right?

No, definitely going to the Bobcats.

Scratch that, definitely returning to the Cavs.

And Kobe is definitely done with the Lakers.

No, no, no... he's going to just go to training camp and see what happens.

Scratch that, he's done with the Lakers again.

No, he's back, and he's just going to ride things out.

But he still definitely wants to be traded.

Definitely.

Which is why he vetoed trades to Detroit and Chicago.

And even if you come up with reasons why those scenarios are different, c'mon, man... you have to know that things aren't definite until they'reDONE.

Kidd will definitely be a Cavalier... when he steps on the floor for the first time in a wine and gold jersey.

Originally Posted by belle155

dead the LA talk, Kidd doesnt want to play with Kobe. Hes said several times he dreams of playing alongside LeBron. Bron also said similar things before the season started about Kidd.

Kidd will be in a Lakers uni when LeBron is rockin the Knicks 23.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
he talked about wanting to play with kobe before ever mentioning lebron.

i got goosebumps too reading that. man if lebron had just 1, JUST 1 decent running partner who could handle the ball and distribute it. who knows, the east is a wrap. next up, the league!

Your forgetting about Detroit's four-headed monster, the goliath known as Dwight Howard (who on the Cavs would stop him, honestly?), and the troublesometrio in Boston.

I'll be surprised if he goes to Cleveland. Not to be a complete homer, but Dallas could put togehter a much more attractive deal if all your going to offeris Larry Hughes + fillers, that's just not that good of a deal, it's a horrible contract, and a player who is not worth the money. Dallas could packageJET or Harris with Dampier and it's already a better deal than ANYTHING the Cavs could offer without giving up Gooden or Big Z, which probably won'thappen.

wait hold up i aint read many replies, but the ones i did had nothin to do with wat im about to say why the hell isnt he being KILLED in the media like stephonmarbury was a few weeks back?

even to make it worse, kidd had no legit reason to do this. at least steph had some sort of reason even though he was wrong too. why does every one turn theother cheek with this guy? but im at work so ill finish this rant a bit later.

JDB1523 wrote:
And to the Laker hopefuls: HE'S SITTING OUT TO PLAY IN CLEVELAND. I know he wants out in general but if you read the article closely, and would have seen how he and Bron were acting the other night, you'd think he was going to Cleveland too.

smile.gif
outacontrol music wrote:

eyes.gif

He never said it's going to happen for sure. He's saying Kidd's intentions are to go play alongside LEBRON. Not to play with Mr. Bryant. I didn't see the Lakers or Kobe anywhere in the article.

Why would you say, "I don't see anything about Kobe or the Lakers"? I didn't say there was anything about Kobe or the Lakers.

Are you trying to say that I was trying to say that he was going to Kobe and the Lakers?

Because I don't see where I said anything like that.

However, I do see this:
JDB1523 wrote:
So I don't now how you can say this:
outacontrol music wrote:

eyes.gif

He never said it's going to happen for sure.

Ummm... yeah, that's exactly what he said.
JDB1523 wrote:
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Sounds pretty definitive to me.
JDB1523 wrote:

smile.gif

It's called a 'What If,' ska. The whole situation is. I don't know the specifics of A TRADE but I'm assuming you read the article, which clearly states he's sitting out for a Cleveland trade.

And lucky lottery numbers? I'd go with 23 and 5
wink.gif

I understand that completely, but "He'll probably go to Cleveland' is an entirely different ballgame than "HE'S SITTING OUT TO PLAY IN CLEVELAND."

Just because an athlete says something, that means it's definitely going to happen?

You should know better than to believe that, because Varejao is definitely done with the Cavs, right?

And definitely returning to Brazil, right?

No, definitely going to the Bobcats.

Scratch that, definitely returning to the Cavs.

And Kobe is definitely done with the Lakers.

No, no, no... he's going to just go to training camp and see what happens.

Scratch that, he's done with the Lakers again.

No, he's back, and he's just going to ride things out.

But he still definitely wants to be traded.

Definitely.

Which is why he vetoed trades to Detroit and Chicago.

And even if you come up with reasons why those scenarios are different, c'mon, man... you have to know that things aren't definite until they're DONE.

Kidd will definitely be a Cavalier... when he steps on the floor for the first time in a wine and gold jersey.

"He's sitting out to play in Cleveland" is Kidd's OBJECTIVE.

Does it mean it will happen, Noooooo.

But he was stating Kidd is sitting because he wants to play in Cleveland.

Maybe there's friction between our interpretation.

Throwback, the funny thing is, it's all speculation. There's no definitive word from Kidd saying, "Ferry, trade me to (insert your favorite teamhere)." It's all from team sources that hear different things spreading rumors. It's likely, but like I said, not definitive.

Why he's not getting heat, I'm not sure.

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by belle155

dead the LA talk, Kidd doesnt want to play with Kobe. Hes said several times he dreams of playing alongside LeBron. Bron also said similar things before the season started about Kidd.

Kidd will be in a Lakers uni when LeBron is rockin the Knicks 23.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
he talked about wanting to play with kobe before ever mentioning lebron.
yup. apparently that slipped alot of peoples minds. like it never happend
laugh.gif

i dont want kidd on the lakers though. he doesnt have a money jumper...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

i got goosebumps too reading that. man if lebron had just 1, JUST 1 decent running partner who could handle the ball and distribute it. who knows, the east is a wrap. next up, the league!

Your forgetting about Detroit's four-headed monster, the goliath known as Dwight Howard (who on the Cavs would stop him, honestly?), and the troublesome trio in Boston.

I'll be surprised if he goes to Cleveland. Not to be a complete homer, but Dallas could put togehter a much more attractive deal if all your going to offer is Larry Hughes + fillers, that's just not that good of a deal, it's a horrible contract, and a player who is not worth the money. Dallas could package JET or Harris with Dampier and it's already a better deal than ANYTHING the Cavs could offer without giving up Gooden or Big Z, which probably won't happen.

JKidd is nice, don't get me wrong, but if I'm a Mavericks fan I keep JET. This dude is $$$ and Devin is turning out to be a good PG. He has somethingthat a lot of teams have no defense for, and that's speed.

Plus, the Mavericks were in the Finals a couple of years ago, had a great season last year, and still have a great overall team.

I don't see what JKidd really brings to the table for the Mavericks.

He could definitely help out that Cavs squad, though.

Where are you guys getting this "he sat out to play with Cleveland," crap?

Did someone say it? or did someone on the boards say it?

i agree with you Franchise, but the thought of having a PG who can distribute with potentially Terry, Howard, and Dirk on the floor is a nice thought. i gottago to class though,
nerd.gif
. I'll enjoy readign the rest of this later
laugh.gif

As a Nets fan, it'd be sad to see JKidd go, but looking at the state of our team, I can see why he's frustrated.

If he does get traded, Dallas or Cavs would be my ideal place.

JKidd and Lebron would tear up the league. Alleyoops all over the place

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Critt, Odom, Walton salaries match for Kidd.
You also throw in a first. And they might do it.
Plus Walton and RJ are best buds.
OH HELL TO THE NAW. that is over doing it for an old player with bad knees... how many years does Kidd have left in him? 2?

lakers dont need a point guard who needs the ball all the time...

if i were the denver nuggets, i would be trading anyone on that roster not named Anthony and Iverson...

JASON KIDD WAS JUST ON MIKE AND THE MAD DOG AND SAID THE WHOLE THING IS BOGUS...he would never dog the game.....SO THESE 5 pages have been pointless

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

JASON KIDD WAS JUST ON MIKE AND THE MAD DOG AND SAID THE WHOLE THING IS BOGUS...he would never dog the game.....SO THESE 5 pages have been pointless
but.....but.........they said he was sitting out because he wants to go play with lebron???!! OH NOEZ! INTERNET GOSSIP IS THE FALSE?
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Outacontrol is completely right in what I previously said.

THE REASON JASON KIDD IS SITTING OUT IS BECAUSE HE WANTS TO PLAY IN CLEVELAND. HELL, read the title of the damn article! PERIOD.

Anddddddd I said IF, IF, IF, it happens, it would be for the players I aforementioned. Not WHEN.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Outacontrol is completely right in what I previously said.

THE REASON JASON KIDD IS SITTING OUT IS BECAUSE HE WANTS TO PLAY IN CLEVELAND.
Oh! Sorry. That is incorrect. Next question. Who in the NBA is most likely to down 6 chili cheese dogs in one sitting?

I say trade an unhappy Varejao and Hughes to the Nets for Kidd.

And I hate to say that, because I like Larry, he just hasn't produced, and isn't going to play more than 65 games per season. Maybe pair somebody elsewith Varejao.

Back
Top Bottom