South Park (Season 15) Thread Vol. You're Getting Old (6/8 10PMEST) MID-SEASON FINALE.. SMH

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

Originally Posted by brandnew21

i get that the writers are saying that their older fans don't like the show anymore bc they've gotten older or their tastes have changed or whatever, but I honestly don't think that's the case. The show's writing has gotten so bad over the last season or 2... Maybe it's just them focusing more on that broadway show they're doing (which is actually getting great reviews) but if you go back and watch some of the older eps, not even OLD like season 13, the quality of the episodes and the writing is so much higher it's sad... 
Gotta agree with you here, Over the last two seasons theres only been a handfull of good episodes. others have been straight garbage IMO. Jersey shore episode was not funny at all. Didn't understand what people were
roll.gif
about.

Now Kanye west Gay fish episode was hilarious.

That's what I got out of it too. On it's own in a bubble, that was one of my favorite message eps of the series, though.
....and Tyler, The Creator showed up.

ct72j.png

And Book of Mormon's full sound recording used to be on NPR. It was pretty great, but they took it down now.
ohwell.gif

As contractually obligated, Stone and Parker were given one week to produce the episode as with every other in the season [sup][2][/sup]. Coinciding with production and performance of the Broadway The Book of Mormon musical produced by the South Park creators, there has been speculation over doubt within the writing team on the future of South Park [sup][3][/sup]

Comedy Central'press release prior to the airing of the episode alluded to its significance, stating: "After Stan celebrates his 10th birthday, he begins to see everything differently... The very fabric of South Park begins to unravel." [sup][4][/sup]

Though Stone and Parker are contractually obligated to continue production until 2013 [sup][2][/sup], no other statements have been made regarding the episode's self-exasperate point of view by the series creators regarding continued writing and development. Production of South Park will not resume until in late 2011 with the mid-season premiere on October 5, 2011.

I think they're just tired of it.

It seems like CC forcing them to push out episodes left and right even though they have prior commitments.

They basically said "We'll put out #+#%, whether you like it or not, you're going to watch it."

As contractually obligated, Stone and Parker were given one week to produce the episode as with every other in the season [sup][2][/sup]. Coinciding with production and performance of the Broadway The Book of Mormon musical produced by the South Park creators, there has been speculation over doubt within the writing team on the future of South Park [sup][3][/sup]

Comedy Central'press release prior to the airing of the episode alluded to its significance, stating: "After Stan celebrates his 10th birthday, he begins to see everything differently... The very fabric of South Park begins to unravel." [sup][4][/sup]

Though Stone and Parker are contractually obligated to continue production until 2013 [sup][2][/sup], no other statements have been made regarding the episode's self-exasperate point of view by the series creators regarding continued writing and development. Production of South Park will not resume until in late 2011 with the mid-season premiere on October 5, 2011.

It seems like CC forcing them to push out episodes left and right even though they have prior commitments.

They basically said "We'll put out #+#%, whether you like it or not, you're going to watch it."

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I don't think that's it at all. They delayed this season a month and a half. They don't owe CC anything, and CC knows that. They've done 14.5 SEASONS. That's insane. I know it's not full 22 or 24 seasons, but they've been loyal, especially after almost walking away a few years ago. I think they're just tired of doing the show. It's no different than when Kimmel and Carolla left The Man Show. They did four seasons and wanted to move on. Comedy Central offered them a ton of money to stick around, but they were burnt out (plus Kimmel had signed on for late night at ABC). So the media decided to run with the story that it got canceled. CC isn't doing anything to force Matt and Trey into anything. They hold the power.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I don't think that's it at all. They delayed this season a month and a half. They don't owe CC anything, and CC knows that. They've done 14.5 SEASONS. That's insane. I know it's not full 22 or 24 seasons, but they've been loyal, especially after almost walking away a few years ago. I think they're just tired of doing the show. It's no different than when Kimmel and Carolla left The Man Show. They did four seasons and wanted to move on. Comedy Central offered them a ton of money to stick around, but they were burnt out (plus Kimmel had signed on for late night at ABC). So the media decided to run with the story that it got canceled. CC isn't doing anything to force Matt and Trey into anything. They hold the power.

Still unbelievable that a cartoon like this is in its 15th season.. Although they have been making a lot of episodes that aren't that great, there are a handful that are hilarious

Still unbelievable that a cartoon like this is in its 15th season.. Although they have been making a lot of episodes that aren't that great, there are a handful that are hilarious

I've seen their interview on the late show with Jon Stewart and they definitely didn't sound like making the show is fun for them.

I've seen their interview on the late show with Jon Stewart and they definitely didn't sound like making the show is fun for them.

I didn't think episodes 7 was that funny but I did like the subliminal message.

I didn't think episodes 7 was that funny but I did like the subliminal message.

Just saw the last episode that aired. Was great
pimp.gif
South Park is definitely one of the best cartoons, if not TV Show, of all time.

Hopefully this is just a stand-alone episode. I would hate for it to be in continuity :/ I like my South Park the way it is, not sure if I'm down for that much of a shake-up in the series. Knowing Matt and Trey though whatever they choose to do, I'm sure it will be great. Congrats to them on all the Tony's for Book of Mormon.

Just saw the last episode that aired. Was great
pimp.gif
South Park is definitely one of the best cartoons, if not TV Show, of all time.

Hopefully this is just a stand-alone episode. I would hate for it to be in continuity :/ I like my South Park the way it is, not sure if I'm down for that much of a shake-up in the series. Knowing Matt and Trey though whatever they choose to do, I'm sure it will be great. Congrats to them on all the Tony's for Book of Mormon.

Back
Top Bottom