Space Jam 2 Ft. Lebron - It's Happening

Of course MJ can't act

But the Looney Tunes is entertaininger den a ***

MJ deserves an Oscar for the Ultimate Jordan DVD.

If you had that chromed out DVD pack and the AND1 mix tapes back in the day :pimp:

Last edited:
yes it did

edit

at least for me it did. of course you ask a younger person who probably never knew there was an original karate kid would not even know the legacy of karat kid

The "legacy" of Karate Kid? The legacy that included three sequels, two of which are laughably awful. They were so bad people don't even remember them (or at least mention them when talking about KK). Yet it's the remake that diminishes the original? The OG was already slandered with those sequels (I'll stand by #2 as a decent sequel though).

The "legacy" of Karate Kid? The legacy that included three sequels, two of which are laughably awful. They were so bad people don't even remember them (or at least mention them when talking about KK). Yet it's the remake that diminishes the original? The OG was already slandered with those sequels (I'll stand by #2 as a decent sequel though).
Even based on that logic, what did the remake do to further diminish the name? Not a damn thing

People hold the original Karate Kid in very high regard. Nothing can be done to tarnish that name.

Even based on that logic, what did the remake do to further diminish the name? Not a damn thing

People hold the original Karate Kid in very high regard. Nothing can be done to tarnish that name.

This "legacy comparison" is very one-sided lol. As memorable as "The Karate Kid" is, it doesn't have superstar athletes and beloved cartoon characters that are still revered and stand the test of time. Nobody give a damn about no "Karate Kid" remake, because nobody is checking for no Ralph Macchio anymore. Pat Morita was the star and God bless his soul, that's putting it mildly. With Space Jam, you have the world's most recognizable athlete at the top of his powers in a live-action movie with every single Looney Tunes character ever drawn up. Not to mention, the long-standing partnership between Nike, Michael Jordan and WB. Will anybody die if this remake comes to be? Hell no. But, this is just another telling sign that Hollywood is truly running out of ideas.

The number of people under 25 that give a damn about Bugs Bunny + Jordan = The Number of people that were checking for Daniel-san in 2010

Actually, Jordan is known more for Space Jam than almost anything unrelated to his shoe brand to the younger generations.

Actually, Jordan is known more for Space Jam than almost anything unrelated to his shoe brand to the younger generations.
What metrics do you have that supports this because I am calling bull.

Yea, they know the shoes, because they are hop ons, but you really think they saw the name of the Shoe and did "research" on where the name come from? Hell no man.

Younger Generation don't give a damn or know about a Space Jam man

I'll still watch it

I wish I stiill had my Space Jam poster from back in the day

It was one where you hit a button and it has MJ and Bugs talking

What metrics do you have that supports this because I am calling bull.

Yea, they know the shoes, because they are hop ons, but you really think they saw the name of the Shoe and did "research" on where the name come from? Hell no man.

Younger Generation don't give a damn or know about a Space Jam man

For one, the movie is played in heavy rotation on networks aimed at children. There have been quite a few younger people i've come across in life who were introduced to MJ as the "guy from Space Jam". Whether they hop on a fad or decide to do "research" is irrelevant. It still reaches them regardless.

How did it ruin the original movie for you exactly? I am curious.

And your 2nd point is exactly what I was saying. New generation. New target audience. The new Space Jam fans don't / won't give a damn about Michael Jordan's movie from the 90s. Most of them don't even see Jordan as the greatest of all time. They don't give a damn about his old ***.

yes i get.

but hey, im sure if some wrestler came out and was like (insert your favorite wrestler) and named himself (_____) the second and was really corny ? would you think it hurt the legacy ?

and that's where it should have ended. i wasn't mad at the kd movie because it was it's own thing. not space jam. but hey it's obvious the people who don't care that they are making a part II perhaps never liked the first one.

yes i get.

but hey, im sure if some wrestler came out and was like (insert your favorite wrestler) and named himself (_____) the second and was really corny ? would you think it hurt the legacy ?
Not at all. There have been many "fake" Great Mutas. It doesn't matter because it doesn't diminish what he did.

Look dude, you can't insult me by referring to wrestling. 
laugh.gif

Nice try though

For one, the movie is played in heavy rotation on networks aimed at children. There have been quite a few younger people i've come across in life who were introduced to MJ as the "guy from Space Jam". Whether they hop on a fad or decide to do "research" is irrelevant. It still reaches them regardless.

What grown person refers to michael jordan as "the guy from space jam" lol

Not at all. There have been many "fake" Great Mutas. It doesn't matter because it doesn't diminish what he did.

Look dude, you can't insult me by referring to wrestling. :lol:

Nice try though

im not insulting you. im comparing something you enjoy. because i enjoyed the og space jam i feel this is an insult. you probably didnt like it which is why you could careless. at least it seems that way

Last edited:
im not insulting you. im comparing something you enjoy. because i enjoyed the og space jam i feel this is an insult. you probably didnt like it which is why you could careless. at least it seems that way
I still have yet to see an explanation as to how a remake takes away the value of the original.

I still have yet to see an explanation as to how a remake takes away the value of the original.

like i said it depends who you ask. you're going to get two answers. no one is right or wrong its all subjective

Last edited:
like i said it depends who you ask. you're going to get two answers. no one is right or wrong its all subjective
Give me AN answer.

Nobody has said HOW ti drags down the value of the original

Just said it does.

How does it?

so when a little kid asks an adult "who is michael jordan"

they're like "he's the guy from space jam" lol

they telling their kids kareem abdul jabbar is the guy from enter the dragon

Back
Top Bottom