Splitting rent vol.. NoTHanks to dat closet

not everyone on NT making 6 figures driving m3s. if I choose having a roomate and splitting rent halfway for a 2BR/2B because a studio/1BR is $1200 and im saving $400 then why not?

and therein lies the problem. ya'll wanna live in the big city but got lil town wages.

NT entitlement for ya. You can be going to a city that's growing and pay far less in rent and still get paid comparatively to what you're being paid in the big city.

1200 for a studio :x ....

Whats the 2 BR? 1600? 1800? :x :x.........

Could be paying a 3rd of that and have your own spot and putting money away for your FUTURE.

But here's the classic rebuttal LA, NY > ___________. "It's worth it brah". As a native NYer, no, it's really not.

Last edited:
not everyone on NT making 6 figures driving m3s. if I choose having a roomate and splitting rent halfway for a 2BR/2B because a studio/1BR is $1200 and im saving $400 then why not?

and therein lies the problem. ya'll wanna live in the big city but got lil town wages.

NT entitlement for ya. You can be going to a city that's growing and pay far less in rent and still get paid comparatively to what you're being paid in the big city.

1200 for a studio :x ....

Whats the 2 BR? 1600? 1800? :x :x.........

Could be paying a 3rd of that and have your own spot and putting money away for your FUTURE.

Sue me for liking a residency program in a big city.

I guess it's also my fault for wanting to practice here when I'm done so choosing to make connections

So, I need to move to a completely different city, uproot my life, find a new job, leave all my friends and family behind to get my own spot, while I'm perfectly happy doing what I do living how I live, stacking bread for my future....so an NTer will respect me as a man? Regardless of me going to school, regardless of anything else I have to deal with...

Nt logic goin Nt logic...

Sue me for liking a residency program in a big city.

I guess it's also my fault for wanting to practice here when I'm done so choosing to make connections

thats fine, you've got a plan. not everyone on NT does and are living paycheck to paycheck just to live in the big city.

to me that's asinine. but y'know what? if you're going to college, networking, interning, have a career lined up I understand there's an opportunity cost to all that.

some NTers just wanna live the big city life and that's asinine to me.

Last edited:
So, I need to move to a completely different city, uproot my life, find a new job, leave all my friends and family behind to get my own spot, while I'm perfectly happy doing what I do living how I live, stacking bread for my future....so an NTer will respect me as a man? Regardless of me going to school, regardless of anything else I have to deal with...

Nt logic goin Nt logic...

again if you're saving and going to school, you're fine.

but if you're living check to check plus got student loans to pay off on the horizon, and you still want to live in the big city, and you weren't saving bread, that'd be an issue.

thats fine, you've got a plan. not everyone on NT does and are living paycheck to paycheck just to live in the big city.

to me that's asinine. but y'know what? if you're going to college, networking, interning, have a career lined up I understand there's an opportunity cost to all that.

some NTers just wanna live the big city life and that's asinine to me.

some people HAVE to live in a big city and have to pay the larger cost of living.
I am from orange county in a small city called Westminster, i moved to West LA when i started my career because I HAD TO, my type of work requires alot of trips back and forth to the hospital because i take alot of call hours.
if it was up to me, i would still be at home stacking and saving but i am actually kind of glad i moved out now.
no roommates here just my son and my girl.
cost of living in LA is redic, but i make a decent income and am very simple and really dont spend crazy amounts of money.
save alot towards my future home downpayment, add to my sons college savings, and invest into my retirement portfolio.

BUT I DO SEE ALOT OF ASPIRING ENTERTAINERS (actors, actresses, singers, comedians) that come out to LA to "make it"
they all work reg jobs like restaurant waiters, starbucks bartista, or retail but they cram like 4-5 people into a 1-2 bedroom with dreams of catching that big break
kind of annoying because LA is crowded as is, and i feel that if you move to a big city, THERE should be a reason to....not just because you WANT to...BUT IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, then DO YOU

Umm again this is about roommates in college not as a single man with a career(job? ) already...

Get outta here with that nonsense

I got 70k in loans and I got 2 houses and a challenger.....Plus i paid my loans down since I graduated by 15k

:lol:

If anybody believes this crap you just typed.

Last edited:
This is why I love NT. So many personal shots in a thread that you'd think would be tame 
roll.gif

Never been in a situation to have roomies, but your outta your mind if I'm paying the same as someone else, and their room is bigger.

Last edited:
im so glad i dont have student loans to worry about.... it was holding me back for a while from getting my own place since i dont make a lot... but now that its paid off im getting my own spot in august :pimp:

I guess if you all are strangers then sure

But me and my room mate just split it even. We've known each other tho and don't really argue about the rooms when we moved in. Not that big of a deal

Speaking of this me and my brither are going florida. We rented a apartment all hotels are packed.

It has a bed and a pull out bed.

Now were going half on it but i found and booked the apartment

For some reason he seem to think he getting the bed. Told him you can pay more to get the bed . He like naw bed is mine smh

He the type if dude that will sit and argue over it

If it's a place we find together from the start and decide who gets the master bedroom with private bathroom, it'll have to be split differently.

If it is my own place and I offer you or a stranger to be my roommate, that person is paying half.

:lol: @ what it takes to be a "man" according to NT23. So pathetic.

What an idiot. To make a statement like that assuming he knows everyone's situation. If this isn't telling, his only supporter is superb. Sneakerheathen is another big mouthed idiot.

Last edited:
What an idiot. To make a statement like that assuming he knows everyone's situation. If this isn't telling, his only supporter is superb. Sneakerheathen is another big mouthed idiot.

And then he's ghost...it's what he does. :smh:

Also shouldn't utilities b split per person not room.. Having me over here wit da jags fan gif tryna make da split of utilities by room too..

You just said it yourself. In you're early 20's it was perfect was it not? You say your priorities change as you get older? You dont say!?!

You get older. You mature. You live in your own. It's that simple man.

Thanks for proving my point.

How old are you? I also think you should eventually live on your own but having roommates doesn't make you less manly. I think by 26 you should be holding down your own spot. That gives you a good 4 years out of college to get things together.

People usually continue their college career past 22 (med, law, pharm, dental, grad) and that's given you even complete undergrad at 22 which is hard enough if you're a STEM major.

People usually continue their college career past 22 (med, law, pharm, dental, grad) and that's given you even complete undergrad at 22 which is hard enough if you're a STEM major.

You're absolutely right. Good point. It's different for everyone but I think it's most contingent on when you start working full time and what your salary is. For my particular situation, I plan to be have my own spot when I'm around 26.

Back
Top Bottom