Spoiler before your night out, yes or no?

Heard this hypothetical on a podcast.

Before you go out for the night (first date, bar, club, etc), you're hit with a spoiler on how the night will go/day after. Would you accept reading the spoiler or avoid and wing it?

Disclaimer: You DO NOT have the ability to change the outcome if you choose to read the spoiler.

Last edited:
Why not?

Most of the time I already have an idea on how the night is going to end.

Question: Will I have the ability to change the outcome?

Why not?

Most of the time I already have an idea on how the night is going to end.

Question: Will I have the ability to change the outcome?

Cannot change the outcome. I'll add that to the OP.

We talm bout something like I can close my eyes and I can see whether the bird gonna give up da yambs or not??

If no sex I'm not spending anything more than $30

You might not get the yambs that night, but you might get em tomorrow.

I'd be more interested in knowing if I'm going to die or go to jail. If I see myself in the backseat of a police car, "Yea, Imma sit this one out fellas..."

For sure winging it.
I do this with almost every other aspect of life, not changing for no yambs.

idk... kinda feel like its the self fulfilling prophecy in its own way.

You might not get the yambs that night, but you might get em tomorrow.

I'd be more interested in knowing if I'm going to die or go to jail. If I see myself in the backseat of a police car, "Yea, Imma sit this one out fellas..."

Leaving the spot drunk about to unwrap the seal on some new box >

If we are removing the possibility of death in the spoiler then I would wing it. If death is included then I would have to read. Why would I leave my house if I'm gonna get struck by a car crossing the street.

Of course I would want to know. Every single time.

Those people who got blown up in Manchester would've liked to have known the spoiler.

As well as the people who went to the Vegas concert, Orlando nightclub, Bastille Day Celebration, etc.

Not taking any chances.

Of course I would want to know. Every single time.

Those people who got blown up in Manchester would've liked to have known the spoiler.

As well as the people who went to the Vegas concert, Orlando nightclub, Bastille Day Celebration, etc.

Not taking any chances.

You. Can. Not. Change. The. Outcome.

Youre still going out, youre gonna die regardless. Might as well not know and have fun vs being paranoid the whole night

Not going/canceling isn't changing the outcome.

There cannot be an outcome to a scenario that never happens.

So you can’t choose not to go out anymore?

What is compelling me to actually want to go out if the outcome isnt what I wanted?

can't change the outcome, but can you add additional actions?

like, I plan on viewing a tv when the lotto numbers are on

get spoiler

before I plan on doing that i buy lotto tickets with spoiled numbers

WING IT .....

That's why you live .....

By reading the outcome, good or bad, you're changing another aspect in your life.

IE you read the date was a failure, you stay in and something worst happened. I'm good.

The entire premise, that you cant change the outcome goes out the window once you start reading.

Back
Top Bottom