(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

WUBBA WUBBA LUB DUB asogwhe;uftilahgwkgawjeralwseadlkjshlajgkhweriuthaouiw4ethflajswkehlgajkwsednhgajlksdhglajkshdgljakshdgajkshedgjklashdgjlkashdjlghasdkjgasdhglkjashdegjkasheklaw

We don't know who killed Balon in the books. It just said he fell then Crow's Eye showed up the next day. Its kinda implied so the show just showed us that he did it.

Last edited:
In the books i feel like its implied that a faceless man killed him, but I guess we now know who sent the faceless man...

In the book I took it as he fell to his death and suspiciously the next day Euron appeared implying he had a hand in it.

Last edited:
Well if Euron can control the wind, it makes sense on why the storm was crazy that night. Watching this season makes me want book 6 even more. Also think that this season has potential to be great but I feel like too many new characters(Euron, The Tarly family) are going to be introduced and may not be used properly.

Looks like the Young Griff storyline is out of the show. Probably means he was a fraud huh?

Looks like the Young Griff storyline is out of the show. Probably means he was a fraud huh?

I just don't think they want to introduce another potentially major character like that, hell they did that with Dorne unfortunately. But he could be a fraud for all we know as well. We'll find out in book 6 hopefully.

maybe not a fraud but probably irrelevant.

btw responded in the sshow thread. and im probably done in there for awhile

no offense to any of yall but the name change thing people are doing is just silly and not funny..... maybe im just being prude but it's lame.

saw some good posting tho. i see some of yall in there. the better posters

For those in this group. Who truly read the books (once or more than once) and who just skimmed it or looked online about key notes

I've read all the books
All the dunk and egg series
Got about 70% through the world of ice and fire... Will finish it one day... That was a tough read

Last edited:
Read the whole series for the first time last year ...currently reading through a second time

Haven't read the Dunk and Egg stories .i heard there are continuity issues because the BlackFyre rebellions aren't mentioned at all

One of the theories out there is that Varys is a secret blackfyre. So is possibly young griff.
That contrl shift youtube channel had a really good episode about that

I wish the book series was close to being done because i've heard enough fan theories for a lifetime. Ready for that stuff to be over.

Skimmed all books or audio tapes them. Read most of book 3 start to finish. I have a job that involves all reading and writing so I don't have a lot of time for casual reading. Mostly audio tapes while I do other work.

so I may have started another argument on facebook about Ramsay.
I asked them why ramsay having a baby and new mother eaten alive wasn't on the crapstorm scale of sansa...
Women didn't like that much but still have no answer.

Then I figured it out myself. keeping someone alive after a tragic event is worst than just killing them off.

aka the sympathy going around for Theon. the hurt for sansa.

but no one bats an eye about the baby.

edit: her answer
From a different point of view it was changing a female storyline only to make her plot worse and see her being used and abused once more without a purpose (shorten a storyline doesn't need to imply that, in my opinion it was obviously not their intention).

It really involves different issues, as sexism, and I am not in the mood to go into it again.

my rebuttal
But I have 3 questions.
1. What would have made that plot have purpose? if she's pregnant?
2.. What would have been the difference if Tyrion ordered her to do that
3. Why is it more acceptable to have baby eaten alive by dogs with his new mother?

her answer to that
1. Imo the change was for shock value only. There was no need, and Sansa is in the same situation right now as she was before it. Tell me about more changes on other storylines this style, if you can.

2. It would have been the same. Why wouldn't it?

3. It is not more acceptable, I don't see where you got that from. But this is not a change, not that we know of yet. And there aren't people saying "it's what he's supposed to do so it's normal" or "it isn't so bad".

my answer
1. by that definition all changes not in the book is shock value. There wasn't a change in the plot just a change in the character...which actually does have purpose. we either would have heard about it or saw it but either way it would have happened.

2. because it's Tyrion and he explained how much he had to do it for his Duty and she was particularly "Scared" of him

3. I only get that from the articles NOT being written about it or the simple fact we're not getting the "this happened for shock value"

Last edited:
For those in this group. Who truly read the books (once or more than once) and who just skimmed it or looked online about key notes

Read all 5 after the first season. The visuals made it more enjoyable but also mad that GRRM hasn't finished the 6th

Plenty of answers to why it's not on the scale of Sansa. The most obvious one being that no one is emotionally invested in Walda or that baby.

And the fact that it was dwarfed by the biggest event in the shows History

pretty much and like i said. when you die from it that's part of the game but when you're still alive.. well then it's a problem...............................?

Rape is always something that makes people cringe and uncomfortable when it's in a movie or show. It not being in the book made us wonder why that had to be put in the show. Just not something I wanted to see. I also hated how the show made Drogo and dany's wedding night non-consensual. It was a better start to a marriage when he looked at her and asked "Yes?" and she replied "Yes" back.

but that scene was in the book and much worse...
so like ii told her same scene different character.
the people couldn't handle the book version if it happened

Well he made theon warm her up first. Forgot her name, sansa's friend. Sometimes we just react more to something in comparison to something else. I had more feels when the parent brought the bones of his child to dany and told her drogon killed the kid than when walda and her baby got hounded.

Back
Top Bottom