(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

ima go ahead and put this out there now. im already not in love with the KG armor.

the more spoilers come out for this ep the less i think we're getting more than what we already know

as far as his book i feel his book will be out this year still and the next book will more than likely be 2020

Without the Targ armor, show fans will be confused. The happenings at ToJ isn't exactly common knowledge for show watchers.

I thought the part where the seer said that bran won't be there forever was interesting.

Sucks Rickon got kidnapped, surprised he didn't go to one of the islands or something.

And with Jon saying his watch is done, technically with him dying it has. Just wondering what it really means. Is he going to take the wildlings and attack winterfell now?

Last edited:
I think people had a feeling they would only show the fight scene and not anything after. Still disappointing. Probably saving the scene for the end of the season but would've preferred them to just show it all at once.

Lol @ Bloodraven telling him "you have to learn everything" after preventing him from learning any more than he already knows
laugh.gif

I don't like the Umber storyline. Particularly because showing Shaggy Dog's head basically kills any chance of it being part of the great northern conspiracy. Also, Greatjon's dead and Smalljon is kidnapping Stark kids when he was in Robb's royal guard? What's going on here?

[quote name="Nako XL" inurl="/t/333173/spoilers-asoiaf-books-discussion-all-books-read-edition-spoilers/3000#post_25764040"]Lol @ Bloodraven telling him "you have to learn everything" after preventing him from learning any more than he already knows :lol:

I don't like the Umber storyline. Particularly because showing Shaggy Dog's head basically kills any chance of it being part of the great northern conspiracy. Also, Greatjon's dead and Smalljon is kidnapping Stark kids when he was in Robb's royal guard? What's going on here?
[/quote]
I dont know what's going on either cause. When they brought two prisoners in I new it was Rickon and Asha but by the wy little Jon Umber was talking to Ramsey I thought they were gonna attack. Poor shaggy dog

"He's Howland Reed. Meeras father". Hacky writing.. they couldve just left it at Howland Reed.. Looks like they may be setting it up for Meera to be whom some speculate she is..

"He's Howland Reed. Meeras father". Hacky writing.. they couldve just left it at Howland Reed.. Looks like they may be setting it up for Meera to be whom some speculate she is..

Would show watchers know who Howland Reed is if Bran didn't mention Meera, I don't think so.

Again, GoT is not here just to appease book readers.

There's obvious changes to the ToJ scene, but I wasn't bothered by them.

I think I heard a baby crying when Ned looked up, or am I bugging ?

I thought ep 3 was solid. Setting up things for future episodes.

I figured the Umbers who bringing Rickon to Ramsey, made sense since that's where Osha was carrying him.

I don't fully trust the Umbers are 100% behind Ramsey, I feel a double cross coming. Maybe the Nothern Conspiracy, idk.

Jon leaving the night's watch as everyone predicted. "His watch has ended"

Jon doesn't care about the Wall anymore. I guess that's how "he's changed."

The Umbers riding for Bolton doesn't make sense. From a pride/politics stand point. Especially when (according to this episode) Roose is the reason Greatjon and others from their house are dead.

Shaggy dog doe
frown.gif

And yeah I heard a baby too, but it was drowned out by Lyanna screaming.

Doubt the show makes the connection between the three-eyed crow/raven and Brynden Rivers.

Gotta be something deeper going on with the Umbers ..it's no reason for them to turn like that

Definitely think that they trying to pull one on Ramsay. Umber refused to pledge allegiance to him.

Question: Did Rob legitimize Jon as the heir to Winterfell in the show? If he did then...:nerd:

Last edited:
Definitely think that they trying to pull one on Ramsay. Umber refused to pledge allegiance to him.

Question: Did Rob legitimize Jon as the heir to Winterfell in the show? If he did then...:nerd:

I don't think so

Stannis offered it to him after Rob died I think

Can't imagine the mind **** that hits Jon if he finds out his parents aren't really his after resurrection. Way too much to process

I don't think so

Stannis offered it to him after Rob died I think
He (Rob) legitimized him so that makes him the heir to Winterfell. Atleast in theory. However i doubt that info will even surface or matter.

Last edited:
I think people had a feeling they would only show the fight scene and not anything after. Still disappointing. Probably saving the scene for the end of the season but would've preferred them to just show it all at once.
Episode 5 will have the rest of the Tower of Joy flashback

The Rob legitimizing Snow conversation never happened on the show. It was never implied either. That was all 100% book.

Stannis's offer was the only one

The more I think about it, the less sold I am that Ned fought the kingsguard at the tower of joy.

I also read a GRRM answer to a fan email in So Spake Martin where he said "Ned's account was in the context of a fever dream. Our dreams are not always literal."

This could say something about his promise to Lyanna too...

Back
Top Bottom