(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

Y'all need to read dunk and egg.... Pm me :nerd:

Or just look them up on wiki

Last edited:
And then the shocking ending of deadcat coming back to life

I'm convinced that will be the final scene of the season. Either that or the Brojen gang riding off with cold hands.
Cat won't become Lady Stoneheart until next season at the earliest.

That didn't happen until the epilogue of ASOS.

A lot of shenanigans happened between the Red Wedding and the epilogue, including:

- Joffrey's death

- Tyrion being implicated in Joffrey's death

- The Red Viper introduction and arrival to King's Landing

- Red Viper vs. The Mountain and the aftermath

- Tyrion killing Shae and Tywin

All of those things have to occur before Lady Stoneheart is introduced and no way in hell they get through all that this season. Then again the show could deviate greatly from the books and push it up, but I'd be pissed.
laugh.gif

Cat and Robb's dead will already be the "HOLY ****!" moment of this season and possibility the defining moment of the series thus far. They through in the Lady Stoneheart intro this season, people's head might explode.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
All reports say that the RW is in episode 9 so I'm gonna say they're doing Lady Stone Heart as this season's final scene. I can't think of what else they would use as "a shock value cliffhanger". Thoughts are welcomed on what they might use.

Last edited:
Yeah the Red Wedding takes place in episode 9.

The title of that episode is Rains of Castamere which was used to signal the start of the shenanigans.

I still think the Lady Stoneheart introduction would be too soon if it happened in the season 3 finale but I can't think of any noteworthy event beside that to use as the season 3 cliffhanger.

Maybe Coldhands' introduction and his meeting with Sam and Gilly when they're surrounded by the Wights?

The battle between Mance Rayder and the Freemen versus Jon Snow and The Night's Watch?

I dunno.
laugh.gif

Yea, introducing her so soon after the death leaves out the sinking in effect it'll have of waiting another year. I'm thinking Coldhands would end the season, with Summer attacking the Wildlings as one of the last scenes as well. I wonder if/when they'll show Barristan exposing Jorah.

Cat won't become Lady Stoneheart until next season at the earliest.

That didn't happen until the epilogue of ASOS.

A lot of shenanigans happened between the Red Wedding and the epilogue, including:

For those who only watch the show, Stark=Good and Lannister=Evil so after the Red Wedding in Episode 9, show viewers will be pretty pissed. I think that the final scene of the season will be Merret or some other Frey getting hanged by the BwoB and ladt Stone heart, as small measure of revenge and consilation heading into the off season.

It is also interesting that the show only filmed in Dubrovnik (King's Landing) for 15 days for this season. I think that next season will be set up to deliver an insane series of bombshells, centered around King's Landing, in the last few episodes next season. We will get the Purple Wedding, The Viper versus the Mountain and perhaps the last scene of S4 E10, Tywin with a cross bow through the gut. Mixed in with that Jon kills Ygritte and Stannis breaks the Wildling Siege.

I agree 100%.... The people that only watch the show will be like wtf... First Ned and now the rest of the fam

They usually end the season on some supernatural type thing.... So it will def be either stone heart or cold hands

One more thing... Jon didn't kill ygritte

Lady Stoneheart won't be until the end of season 4 of the show, the end of book 3. Why not let her be dead as a cliffhanger and have it fall in line with the book plots?

As far as the Blackfyres, def read Dunk & Egg short stories. They revolted against the true Targs (non-bastards) because the King before legitimized all his bastards on his death bed and gave the sword to one of them whole led the revolt. Their line still could definitely be involved
Even more important because of Bloodraven, the most powerful/mysterious bastard who stayed loyal and became the Kings Hand. He's extremely important and even more so in theories related to him almost certainly being the 3 eyed crow & the possibility of melisandre/shiera seastar theories

Def read up on bloodraven

Last edited:
where are those other short stories? I read the hedge knight but where are the rest

Last edited:
Toine/Dennis,

The flashback I was referring to in the TV thread was when Jaime was keeping vigil for Tywin and flashed back to the last time he spoke to/saw Rhaegar and the conversation they had.

While standing vigil over his father's funeral bier, Jaime thinks about the day he said farewell to Rhaegar, in the yard of the Red Keep.

The prince had donned his night-black armor, with the three-headed dragon picked out in rubies on his breastplate. Jamie pled with him to accompany him but Rhaegar refused, telling Jaime that Aerys feared his father, Tywin Lannister, more than he did cousin Robert. He wanted Jaime close so Tywin could not harm him. Rhaeger stated that he dare not take that crutch away from Aerys at such an hour. When Jaime balked at that Rhaegar put a hand on young Jaime’s shoulder and told him:

“ "When the battle’s done I mean to call a council. Changes will be made. I meant to do it long ago, but ... well, it does no good to speak of roads not taken. We shall talk when I return". ”

Those were the last words Rhaegar Targaryen ever spoke to Jaime. Outside the gates an army had assembled, whilst another descended on the Trident. So the Prince of Dragonstone mounted up and donned his tall black helm, and rode forth to his doom.

damn. that would be a dope scene.

i really want to know what lyanna and ned's promise was for already :lol:

Last edited:
Rhaegar was gonna take the crown after battle was over man |I

^ You already know what the promise was :lol:

the whole L+R=J thing? yeah i'm sure this is true :lol:

but scenes like the one Proshares posted and people's feelings of rhaegar make it seem like there is way more to it.

Last edited:
What do you mean? As far as people's feelings for Rhaegar goes, most thought that he was a great and honorable man and would have made a great king. Only Robert hated him because Rhaegar took Lyanna away from him, so he labeled him a kidnapper but knowing Rhaegars reputation that probably isn't true.

Rhaegar and Lyanna probably fell in love and had a secret love child or secretly got married, making Jon a legitimate heir. Why else would half the kingsguard be at the Tower of Joy if they were only gonna protect one of his bastards and not a heir? :nerd:

Last edited:
What do you mean? As far as people's feelings for Rhaegar goes, most thought that he was a great and honorable man and would have made a great king. Only Robert hated him because Rhaegar took Lyanna away from him, so he labeled him a kidnapper but knowing Rhaegars reputation that probably isn't true.

Rhaegar and Lyanna probably fell in love and had a secret love child or secretly got married, making Jon a legitimate heir. Why else would half the kingsguard be at the Tower of Joy if they were only gonna protect one of his bastards and not a heir? :nerd:

yeah thats pretty much it :lol:

i just want to know the details behind the "kidnapping" and their affair

Last edited:
I read all the books in the same year at once and I have no recollection of half of the stuff you guys talk about

Who is cold hands?

Do you guys just keep checking on wiki to remember stuff? There's so much going on its hard for me to remember all of these little details you guys seem to know like the back of your hands!

Last edited:
I read all the books in the same year at once and I have no recollection of half of the stuff you guys talk about

Who is cold hands?

Do you guys just keep checking on wiki to remember stuff? There's so much going on its hard for me to remember all of these little details you guys seem to know like the back of your hands!

i went through the wiki to remember stuff. there just way too much detail to remember :lol:

Good looks Pro.

I vaguely remember that flashback you were referring to.

Man I need to take a refresher course on these books.
laugh.gif

They all look weak and frail on the show.

Anyway, did King Joffrey die a virgin?

Haven't gone that far yet, I only found out about his death on AWOIAF.

Back
Top Bottom