(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

still don't know what scene yall are talking about..

or do I need to watch again?

look on the current page of the show thread someone posted a pic and I believe circled it.

it's a human but people taking it bigger

the only problem with jon "possibly" dying this season and "possibly" coming back . they're not going to be able to hide that for a full year what they plan to do with him.

so even if he gets stabbed, we'll probably get some indication he is "possibly" alive by episode 10. It was like episode 9 season 2 tyrion getting sliced. then episode 10 waking up...

gxcbffbhgfjhkhgukhyuiyhuikyhuikyhuiyouiuyutuyukukiy.uk6tyt4ihryuytyr

Maybe they won't even kill Jon this season

I think the Night’s King sees Jon as his biggest threat, not someone that he wants to sit on the "Ice Throne". NK was showing his strength and literally saying "Come at me bro". The last scene wasn't a join our army campaign, imo.
this is what I'm thinking.. like I thought he might have been hit with something and should have turned or something.. hence all the coughing and throwing up.. and they kinda gave him the look like 'why didn't this work'

Last edited:
excerpt from friends wordpress who submits it to a online site.

If you think about it, Wildlings were there for months, living in Hardhome, and the White Walkers chose to attack now. Why? Is it a coincidence or is it because Jon Snow was there? We are well aware that Night King is a Stark. Those who read the books know this. He was a Stark and a Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch who fell in love with a White Walker female. No one had a problem with that until one day he claimed “The Gift” for himself and his bride, thirteen years later. Once he started treating the Night’s Watch as his own personal army and “The Gift” as his household the Lord of Winterfell, his brother, and the King Beyond the Wall gathered forces in brining him down. All the records of him were then erased. History now tells us that he was a monster, who committed great atrocities during his rule, but can we really trust said history knowing fully that it is written by those that won, by those who wanted his name off the records? I cannot. Not because I am blind or because I want to be controversial but because my experience has taught me otherwise. That said, I want more of the White Walkers, i.e. the Others, I want more of the Night King, i.e. Brandon Stark and overall I want more of their general as well as their specific background (what is their motif, do they speak, what language do they use, how they came about, were they the first inhabitants of Westeros, did the Children of the Forest drive them away, can they kill dragons, can dragons kill them, are they Starks, can only a Stark become a White Walker and if not why are the brothers and Wildlings turned into Wights and not White Walkers and so forth) and I want it not via history but via first hand experience we just had while watching “Hardhome”.

https://monikaponjavic.wordpress.com/2015/06/01/game-of-thrones-winter-is-finally-here/
if you want to read the full episode break down.

aSDFJKHASKJDFHJKDFH;Afnhasdjkbvgfjk;asdfnbhasdjknasdfkhf;asbdjklhn

It's been a while since I finished the books and I haven't rewatched any of the previous seasons in some time.

Was last night's Valyrian steel reveal the first true instance of the show confirming something from the books? And I don't mean a leaked script outing the Night's King or anything like that.

Like I do remember Sam theorizing that Valyrian steel could kill a white walker in one of the books but the show actually confirmed it before the books got to it. Or could this be another case of the show taking creative liberties? 

I don't count Tyrion meeting Dany because I actually don't think that's gonna happen in the books. Same goes for Jamie travelling to Dorne. 

great episode btw.

slkdfj;aslkdjf;alksdjf;aksldfj;aklsdf;jaklsdfj;alksdfj;aklsdjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;kaldsjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;lksadjf;alksdjf;lkasdjf;alksdjf;lksdjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;laskdfj;alksdfj;alskf

In A Storm of Swords Bran talks about the story Old Nan told him and I think she told him he was a Stark. 

aSDFJKHASKJDFHJKDFH;Afnhasdjkbvgfjk;asdfnbhasdjknasdfkhf;asbdjklhn

It's been a while since I finished the books and I haven't rewatched any of the previous seasons in some time.

Was last night's Valyrian steel reveal the first true instance of the show confirming something from the books? And I don't mean a leaked script outing the Night's King or anything like that.

Like I do remember Sam theorizing that Valyrian steel could kill a white walker in one of the books but the show actually confirmed it before the books got to it. Or could this be another case of the show taking creative liberties? 

I don't count Tyrion meeting Dany because I actually don't think that's gonna happen in the books. Same goes for Jamie travelling to Dorne. 

great episode btw.
The Valyrian Steel bit was a theory for a while, but the show confirmed it. 

Any idea what Mother's Mercy, episode 10 title, is supposed to signify?

I'm sure Kevan Lannister will get his but I don't believe that's worthy of an episode title.

There's an obvious trend of Starks dying every other season in episode 9s.

Season 1 Ned
Season 2 Battle of Blackwater
Season 3 Robb and Cat
Season 4 Battle at the Wall
Season 5 Jon?

He's not exactly a Stark but maybe Mother's Mercy is somehow his resurrection like we're all hoping for?

Any idea what Mother's Mercy, episode 10 title, is supposed to signify?

I'm sure Kevan Lannister will get his but I don't believe that's worthy of an episode title.

There's an obvious trend of Starks dying every other season in episode 9s.

Season 1 Ned
Season 2 Battle of Blackwater
Season 3 Robb and Cat
Season 4 Battle at the Wall
Season 5 Jon?

He's not exactly a Stark but maybe Mother's Mercy is somehow his resurrection like we're all hoping for?

I think Dany takes off at the end of episode 9 and Jon is murked at the end of episode 10.

Maybe I missed something

How do we know the Night King is a Stark?

slkdfj;aslkdjf;alksdjf;aksldfj;aklsdf;jaklsdfj;alksdfj;aklsdjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;kaldsjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;lksadjf;alksdjf;lkasdjf;alksdjf;lksdjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;laskdfj;alksdfj;alskf

In A Storm of Swords Bran talks about the story Old Nan told him and I think she told him he was a Stark. 
Old Nan doesn't confirm he's a Stark I don't think. She said something like he may have been a Stark, a Bolton, and some other poss Northern kings.

Or am I misremembering? I'm not sure now. Did she say she thinks it's a Stark?

EDIT

Looking at the wiki I think that's what happens?

Last edited:
alskdjf;alksdfj;laksd;jflaksd;fjaslkdjf;aslkdjf;alksdjf;alksd;jfalksdjf;alksdf;jlaksdjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;alksdf;jaslkdfj;aslkdf;jalksdfj;aksldjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;laksdjf;lsakdjf;alskdf

^^ There was a line were she says "He was a Stark of Winterfell, and who can say?" I guess it can be interpreted differently. She doesn't 100% confirm it so you're right, but to me I think he's a Stark. 

alskdjf;alksdfj;laksd;jflaksd;fjaslkdjf;aslkdjf;alksdjf;alksd;jfalksdjf;alksdf;jlaksdjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;alksdf;jaslkdfj;aslkdf;jalksdfj;aksldjf;alksdjf;alksdjf;laksdjf;lsakdjf;alskdf

I remember the story now

Dude at the top made it sound like it was confirmed tho

Hdiajwjis
hdiaosmsjs
hdjsjsksjaks
hdjsksmsgag

Damn, I might have missed that NK/Stark story. Interesting.

Anybody checked out valyriansteel? Pretty dope, planning to buy a Longclaw by this year.

I remember the story now

Dude at the top made it sound like it was confirmed tho

I never made it seem like fact, (it's not even my theory)

just what Old naan said

I originally thought Jon would die next episode. ... but It may be 10 now. maybe end with Melisandre over him praying for him.

sdlkjflkjgfklgjklfdjgkdfngjngjdngsersgerure89t94ue89jhrugndjgnhjhngjdhnjgnhjsgnhjkgsnhjkgnhjfhgnjgnshjkgnjkhfgjgsfhngjnshjgfshnjgsnhjngsjhgnhjgnfhjgnfhjfgnsjhfnjkhnjkdjkhnjdgfnhjkdfgjnhjdgnhjkngjnhjkg

SB51hqy.png

XILzT87.png

I'm going to bathe in their tears.

Last edited:
sdlkjflkjgfklgjklfdjgkdfngjngjdngsersgerure89t94ue89jhrugndjgnhjhngjdhnjgnhjsgnhjkgsnhjkgnhjfhgnjgnshjkgnjkhfgjgsfhngjnshjgfshnjgsnhjngsjhgnhjgnfhjgnfhjfgnsjhfnjkhnjkdjkhnjdgfnhjkdfgjnhjdgnhjkngjnhjkg

Maybe Jon won't get stabbed

Here is my thinking

In the books he violates his oath by choosing a side and gives the Nights Watch a legit reason to be mad

In the show the Nights Watch doesn't agree with the move also

But once he gets back and tells them what happened they have to see it's the right move to ensure a chance of surviving

Maybe Jon won't get stabbed

Here is my thinking

In the books he violates his oath by choosing a side and gives the Nights Watch a legit reason to be mad

In the show the Nights Watch doesn't agree with the move also

But once he gets back and tells them what happened they have to see it's the right move to ensure a chance of surviving

good point, I actually didn't think of it like that

but......
at the same time, they're setting it up to where the higher ups don't like him though.

I know Game of Thrones doesn't care but people would go crazy if they killed Jon Snow

Like if TWD killed off Darryl

If they do kill Snow I think they bring him back somehow

Back
Top Bottom