Sports Illustrated Top 5 American Highest Paid Athletes of 2011

Phil Mickelson pulled in $57 million from such companies as Callaway, KPMG, Rolex and ExxonMobil. It's the second year that the two biggest names in American golf ranked 1-2.

I knew he had Callaway, but the rest come as a surprise to me

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Not where it matters most really. 
Depends on what "matters". I would say making that much money in a year is winning where it counts most, plus Bron said he wanted to be a Billion Dollar athlete, he is on his way
I don't chase money. I chase success in what I do and i strive to be the best at what I do. 
With that, the money comes naturally. I mean really, once you're making X amount of dollars a year and you're living good, all those extra mils are just fluff. That's money for your future generations. 
I bet LeBron don't feel like he's "winning" right about now. 
THIS

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Depends on what "matters". I would say making that much money in a year is winning where it counts most, plus Bron said he wanted to be a Billion Dollar athlete, he is on his way
I don't chase money. I chase success in what I do and i strive to be the best at what I do. 
With that, the money comes naturally. I mean really, once you're making X amount of dollars a year and you're living good, all those extra mils are just fluff. That's money for your future generations. 
THIS

Why exactly? Because LeBron hasn't won a NBA title? A team accomplishment? LeBron individually is still one of the best in the world at his profession. We're talking the 99th percentile. And his annual earnings on and off the court represent as such. I'd classify that as 'winning'. But that's just me.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

THIS

Why exactly? Because LeBron hasn't won a NBA title? A team accomplishment? LeBron individually is still one of the best in the world at his profession. We're talking the 99th percentile. And his annual earnings on and off the court represent as such. I'd classify that as 'winning'. But that's just me.
grin.gif
Ask Bron, I bet he'd trade that 8 figure salary for a Championship... being the "best" in the world dont mean anything if you dont have the ultimate prize to show for it.... A Ring...

Not where it matters most really. 
Man who cares

Matt Ryan is really getting paid 12 million more than Brady 
sick.gif
that rookie pay scale needs to be implemented  

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

Something is off, Forbes' list is different.

[h1]http://www.halojin.com/2011/06/05/forbes-complete-list-of-50-highest-paid-athletes-2011/[/h1]
[h1]Forbes complete list of 50 Highest Paid Athletes 2011[/h1]

June 5th, 2011

Add a Comment

Here are the Forbes complete lists of 50 Highest Paid Athletes 2011:

1. Tiger Woods – $75 million, golf
  2. Kobe Bryant – $53 million, basketball
  3. LeBron James – $48 million, basketball
  4. Roger Federer – $47 million, tennis
  5. Phil Mickelson – $46.5 million, golf
  6. David Beckham – $40 million, soccer
  7. Cristiano Ronaldo – $38 million, soccer
  8. Alex Rodriguez – $35 million, baseball
  9. Michael Schumacher – $34 million, racing
  10. Lionel Messi – $32.3 million, soccer

I've seen this one more, I have to agree with it, No way in hell Mickelson is 2nd.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by omgitswes

No idea Mickelson had that much in endorsements
lefty
embarassed.gif

cant win a golf tournament and still seein tiger like figures...
sick.gif

most of it probably goes to his wifes treatments tho... good man

i'd like to bring your attention to the picture they used for tom brady.

he's the real #1.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by omgitswes

No idea Mickelson had that much in endorsements
lefty
embarassed.gif

cant win a golf tournament and still seein tiger like figures...
sick.gif

most of it probably goes to his wifes treatments tho... good man
I follow golf and Lefty has a large following. Tiger draws in casual fans but lefty draws in more hardcore/old timers.

Remember before tigers problems he was pulling in 100 million just from sponsors.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

THIS

grin.gif

Of course Lebron is still more successful than 99.9999% of the world, but I think the point dude was trying to make was that once you're in the NBA it's really not a huge difference between being Lebron and being any other player with a large contract. If you're making $10 mil/yr or more for an extended period of time, you are pretty much set for life unless you go out of your way to be bankrupt. So the fact that he makes 50 mil in a year rather than 20 is not a huge deal, and I think most people would prefer to have rings and 20 mil over no rings and 50 mil. What can you do with 50 mil/year that you can't do with 20 mil?

Also even though a championship is a team accomplishment, while Lebron was one of the main reasons they made it to the finals, he was also one of the mains reason they didn't win a ring. Like LeBatard said, if Lebron just plays AVERAGE, they win that series in 5 games. Him playing below his normal standard is the reason they lost. It's not like he gave it his all and his team let him down a la when he was in Cleveland. HE was the one who didn't pull his weight. Totally different. 

Dang I knew Tiger was still gonna be on top. He STILL gets 60 mil in endorsements.

Back
Top Bottom