sprained ankles

dont you guys just hate them...i just sprained mine today for the 1st time in 18 years..and it hurts like helll...i so mad that i wont be on the court anytime soon...anyone know how long it takes for recovery?

+@@! a sprain
laugh.gif

i sprained my #!@# something awful last year, was on crutches for a few days and everything was straight

don't try to play on it tho, that'll be your worst mistake
laugh.gif

^What's good on that band?

Originally Posted by kimahrioftheronsotribe

They ain't nothin too play with.
laugh.gif

But really though, it depends on how bad you sprained it. I'm guessing it's pretty bad, since it's the first time in 18 years.

It usually takes about at least a whole week for me to be able to start running again (but then again, I used to constantly sprain my ankles which made my healing process a lot faster). You gotta ice it everyday though, and no more than 15 minutes max. Wear an ankle brace for compression, and when you lie down or something try to keep your ankle above your heart to reduce swelling. Above all, rest it. Don't over work your injured ankle.

Follow those steps above and your ankle should be in full health in 2-3 weeks. If it's not completely healed and you just have to play ball, wear an ankle brace when you hit the court.

Good luck

my first ankle sprain ever happened about 2 years ago.

It didn't completely heal for months... but I was able to play ball competitively with a brace 2-3 weeks later.

"keep your ankle above your heart"? what do you mean by that? Or you meant just keep it elevated when you're lying down?

Like some people stated it depends on the severity of the injury. Don't try to force it by playing when it's not fully healed because having bum ankles for the past decade or so ain't nothing nice. Just get to a doctor.

Sprained my ankles a couple times during my soccer days. They pop more than a few times a day now, sometimes REAL loud too where it sounds like a bone breaking crack. The first few steps getting out of bed every day are something painful.

"keep your ankle above your heart"? what do you mean by that? Or you meant just keep it elevated when you're lying down?
Yeah he meant just keep it elevated.

woke up this morning and it was worst then yesterday....YESTERDAY i had to walk with a limp...now i cant walk on it at alll....plus its a nice day outside in NYC....i could be playin ball right now....I hate INJURIES....BUT HEY ITS A PART OF THE GAME

woke up this morning and it was worst then yesterday....YESTERDAY i had to walk with a limp...now i cant walk on it at alll....plus its a nice day outside in NYC....i could be playin ball right now....I hate INJURIES....BUT HEY ITS A PART OF THE GAME

I've sprained both ankles multiple times from playing ball, it definitely hurts

Make sure its completely healed before you play on it again otherwise you can re-injure it and that sucks even more
smh.gif

After years of skateboarding when I was younger my ankles are beyond messed up. I can get a bad sprain now days and can go run the next day, they barely even swell up or anything now.

Im 18....anyways yeah knees are even worse like eight2one said....i know...i hyperextended it one time and now its giving me problems too...i think i have jumpers knee...my patella hurts when i jump too much

1. What's the exact defitnition of a "sprain"? (It's a pull of a muscle or bone right?)

2. I have never sprained my ankle before.

##!* last time I sprained my ankle was in February, It was looking like a tennis ball...Couldn't walk good for about 2-3 weeks
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom