sprained ankles

Originally Posted by WallaceFactor

how did you sprain your ankle?

and did you hear the "celery crunching" sound when you sprained your ankle?

yeah i heard that "celery crunch" when i came down from the layup...but then i though hey my ankle cracked
roll.gif
laugh.gif
...yeah now it sounds dumb...then i limped up the court....i thought i could walk it out...but it was way to painful...so i had to come out of the game........to make it worst i jinxed myself....i was talkin with a friend about how i play ball in the kobe5 and the hyperdunk lows in the gym now...he told me i was buggin...and was braggin like "oh i got strong ankles"...30 min later this happens...
roll.gif
...felt like a jerk for sayin that....by the way it happend in the air jordan 2009's

yeah i heard that "celery crunch" when i came down from the layup...but then i though hey my ankle cracked
roll.gif
laugh.gif
...yeah now it sounds dumb...then i limped up the court....i thought i could walk it out...but it was way to painful...so i had to come out of the game

Originally Posted by 45Nique15

roll.gif
laugh.gif
...yeah now it sounds dumb...then i limped up the court....i thought i could walk it out...but it was way to painful...so i had to come out of the game........to make it worst i jinxed myself....i was talkin with a friend about how i play ball in the kobe5 and the hyperdunk lows in the gym now...he told me i was buggin...and was braggin like "oh i got strong ankles"...30 min later this happens...
roll.gif
...felt like a jerk for sayin that....by the way it happend in the air jordan 2009's

Uh oh, same thing happened to me last summer. Heard the celery crunch, hurt a LOT, stood up and was able to walk it out that day (obviously didn't play again but could walk with a huge limp), but the next day, I couldn't walk and got X-rays (nothing broken). 
I was out for a month and a half, then tried to play at 50%-60% around five times...I didn't resprain it, but kinda tweaked it at times, and didn't really heal until December...even now it still doesn't feel 100%, more like 95%.
My recommendation is to ice it as much as you possibly can right now, then when you can, do some rehab exercises and DO NOT play basketball until you feel at least 90%.

sprained mine back in feb. i was able to get back on it and run in late april'*$#...still hurts when i bend it all the way forward tho.

I've messed up my right ankle twice now. Once when I was in elementary school(missed the last couple days of 3rd grade) and then worse my senior year of college. Snaps occasionally every day. The latest one was said to be a grade 2 or 3 sprain, and it's never gonna be the same.

Back
Top Bottom