SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Sony Still Wants A Shared SPIDER-MAN Universe But Current Creative Control Remains With Marvel Studios

Talking to The Hollywood Reporter, Sony boss Tom Rothman confirmed that they still hope to expand the wall-crawler world, but are glad to have handed the creative reigns over to Marvel when it comes to Spider-Man himself (whether they'll be involved in these spinoffs is unclear for the time being).

Since you teamed with Marvel, do you plan to make a whole Spider-Man universe? Do you have plans for more work with Marvel?

Yes to both those questions. It’s been fantastic, our relationship with Marvel.

Who has greenlight authority?

Sony has the ultimate authority. But we have deferred the creative lead to Marvel, because they know what they’re doing. We start shooting the new Spider-Manin Atlanta [in mid-June].

Do you want to trim the costs of that franchise?

I don’t want to trim costs. I want to make money. And sometimes you make money by trimming costs and sometimes by investing in things that are profitable. A movie like Spider-Man by Marvel, that’s not inexpensive. But it’s a great investment. Knowing that Marvel has such a clear, creative vision, I sleep very well at night.

Last edited:
I mean the kid goes to school in NYC its time these studios got there head out the sand and show America how it actually is.
 Originally Posted by Master Zik  

Bokeem Woodbine a villain in the movie too 
smokin.gif

Now I'm worried they gonna have Spidey putting in work on nothing but black folks
mean.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Went to Georgia Southern for a brief time and they had a Chic Fil A on campus; allegedly one of the first CFAs in the country.

Having a meal plan and basically unlimited CFA was coo at first but got old fast

Last edited:
Sony Still Wants A Shared SPIDER-MAN Universe But Current Creative Control Remains With Marvel Studios

Talking to The Hollywood Reporter, Sony boss Tom Rothman confirmed that they still hope to expand the wall-crawler world, but are glad to have handed the creative reigns over to Marvel when it comes to Spider-Man himself (whether they'll be involved in these spinoffs is unclear for the time being).

Since you teamed with Marvel, do you plan to make a whole Spider-Man universe? Do you have plans for more work with Marvel?

Sony has the ultimate authority. But we have deferred the creative lead to Marvel, because they know what they’re doing. We start shooting the new Spider-Manin Atlanta [in mid-June].
So much FACTS!

Glad we got that out of the way when it comes to SONY's past 3 Spidey failures.

With that said now I do hope they go forward with expanding Spidey's movie world [emoji]127758[/emoji]. Pick a female solo movie ( Black Cat, Silver Sable, one of the Spider-Women), The Prowler (minority solo hero), Venom (make him fight Carnage, kill bad guys; can't be Flash/Agent Venom cuz it's a teenage Peter). Doubtful on the S6 movie unless SS is a success.

Then just hope Feige and Marvel will be willing to share that in their MCU and incorporate it somewhat.

So much FACTS!

Glad we got that out of the way when it comes to SONY's past 3 Spidey failures.

With that said now I do hope they go forward with expanding Spidey's movie world [emoji]127758[/emoji]. Pick a female solo movie ( Black Cat, Silver Sable, one of the Spider-Women), The Prowler (minority solo hero), Venom (make him fight Carnage, kill bad guys; can't be Flash/Agent Venom cuz it's a teenage Peter). Doubtful on the S6 movie unless SS is a success.

Then just hope Feige and Marvel will be willing to share that in their MCU and incorporate it somewhat.

Last edited:
In before Dave Chappelle, Ana Paquin, Martin Lawrence, Andrew Dice Clay, and Amy Poehler get casted

laugh.gif
these random *** castings bruh. I love it

Re-reading Ultimate Spider-Man, man what a great book
nthat.gif

If Homecoming throws in equal parts Lee/Ditko/Romita Amazing, equal parts Bendis Ultimate, equal parts Ferris Bueller, oh my God we may have a classic on our hands. Funny narration is also a must.

All we need is for the PS4 game to be 10/10 and Homecoming to have a 2.5 hour runtime like BvS and Civil War and I'll be good on Spider-Man for the next 4 years

Last edited:
RUMOR: Sony Planning A SILVER SABLE Movie With THE INVISIBLE WOMAN Screenwriter Abi Morgan

This was first mentioned in those infamous Sony email leaks, and now rumor has it that the studio is making moves again. On this week's episode of Meet The Movie Press, former The Wrap editor Jeff Sneider says he's heard that Sony still want to move forward with a Silver Sable movie, and are talking with screenwriter Abi Morgan (Shame, The Hour, The Invisible Woman,The Iron Lady) with a view to her penning the script.

Silver Sable is a marvel Comics antihero/mercenary who has been both an ally and enemy of Spider-Man and several other characters. She has no actual superpowers, so it might be the case that Sony is interested in developing a Punisher-like female-led comic book movie that would eventually crossover with the rebooted Spider-Man/Marvel universe.

Silver Sable is a solid choice. Detached enough Spidey's world where you can do your own mercenary spy action genre type flick but can always swing it around and do something involving Spidey characters and specifically villains.

Sony has the greenlight authority on any Spiderman related stuff? That sucks.

Sure they'll defer to Marvel now but knowing that can change whenever Sony feels like it... :x

Wow you can tell they're gonna CG the crap out of that suit just like CW :x

Still the best Spidey movie suit bar none tho. Mask looks like a Romita drawing :pimp:

Last edited:
So hype for the PS4 title! Thought the costume looked incredibly dumb at first but it's grown on me to the point where I think it's pretty damn great.
smokin.gif

RFX should just rename this the Spider-Man thread since he's officially part of the MCU

Last edited:
I think Spider-Man Movie Franchise still works just because Sin6 and other expanded part of this universe are still a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom