SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Hol' up now! Who the hell is liking SM3?
laugh.gif
what makes it bad tho

Deteriorating comes and goes? Doesn't really make sense. Doesn't that just means the deterioration slows down?

How does it come and go? One day his skin is peeling off and the other he has clear complexion?

I mean does he really need anymore motivation to be evil and to create the Sinister 6 other than to beat Spiderman and destroy Peter? I could have sworn that's a given.

Well he says it comes and goes, they didn't explain it. And I just put it together. Must've momentarily slipped my mind.

Watching now in 3D
Enjoy

I've never seen a movie on a Monday I believe :lol:

Haha me neither but i was bored so i told my girl why not. Plus the place was just us

Okay, first viewing and I loved it. About the same as capt 2 and i loved cap 2. Best spidey movie imo. Lil Corny and didnt like how it went a good 45 mins without any action but man it was dope.

Gwen stacey...man someone said it before but the way her body hit the floor...that was rough to watch even in that split second.

Cant wait for sinister 6/spidey 3

Last edited:
The venom doesn't have Parkers DNA iirc, those venoms were just the leftover after the Lizard event happened.

Peters dad said no one knew he used his DNA but did he say he injected it to all the Spiders? I figure if he did that then there is no reason to run and hide because the Spiders already has the key DNA in them. Harry just wanted Spideys blood because he was bitten by the radioactive spider figure to extract the venom from it.

I believe Norman did use the venom, it just didn't work because it didn't have Parkers DNA? I mean the Indian dude in ASM1 had access to everything and he just wanted the serum Conners was working on specifically.

I'm pretty sure that it was said that the Parker DNA was in the venom.

The venom doesn't have Parkers DNA iirc, those venoms were just the leftover after the Lizard event happened.

Peters dad said no one knew he used his DNA but did he say he injected it to all the Spiders? I figure if he did that then there is no reason to run and hide because the Spiders already has the key DNA in them. Harry just wanted Spideys blood because he was bitten by the radioactive spider figure to extract the venom from it.

I believe Norman did use the venom, it just didn't work because it didn't have Parkers DNA? I mean the Indian dude in ASM1 had access to everything and he just wanted the serum Conners was working on specifically.

So if peter uses the venom what happens?

Dont read comics so i have no idea

So if peter uses the venom what happens?

Dont read comics so i have no idea

Since Peter's dad's DNA was injected in the spiders, it affected him positively, whereas Harry turned into a ghoulish looking creature.

BTW, his laugh was kinda scary in a way when he first popped up.

Last edited:
Is this even a question? I mean what makes you think he isn't evil? Dude got mad and killed Gwen because Peter won't share his blood, which he found the venom anyways and dude still held a grudge.

Clearly looked like a question to me. I mean it was the venom he took that pretty much made him change to his Goblin persona. It wasn't really specified if it's a permanent or temporary thing.
The severe break neck heel turn by Harry still doesn't make a whole lot of story sense to me. Like I would've liked them to spell that out given that we don't know if it was one thing that made him crazy or a combination.

You could say it's the sickness plus his desperation but somehow his father survived for quite some time when he had no guarantee of a cure and didn't go Goblin crazy right after showing some symptoms. Plus we see that vid with him and Richard Parker looking pretty sane (I'm repeating myself here). So then you can say it was the venom he took but we got a lot of examples of him being crazy before that, one being he went to Electro for a team-up to basically kill Spider-Man. I don't get his motivations either even more confusing at the end/epilogues since apparently he's now cured but still holds a grudge? Forming a team to do what? He got Oscorp back. Go be rich.

At this point I'm gonna have to assume in Harry's youth or time away he just became a full on scumbag on his own and was cool with that sort of like Lex Luthor in Smallville or just Lex Luthor period. Basically any spoiled rich kid with issues. He just switched up with Peter cuz he don't know him like that.
Hol' up now! Who the hell is liking SM3? :lol:
what makes it bad tho

The start, middle, and end.
Directing, acting, story.
Hero, villains, and side characters.
Singing, dancing.....

Other than that, movie was great.
A masterpiece actually.

Last edited:
^ ^ ^

I think he is still mad at Spidey/Peter? Wasn't that the main reason the Sinister 6 was formed in the comics (there should be gajililion of different reasons though in all of Spideys years of history)? It's slightly different in the cartoon with Kingpin putting them together to kill his competition iirc and in tangent kill Spidey as well I guess?

Or I think he just wants to take over the city because they thought Spidey was gone and Harry still wanted to form a "small group" of villains. And maybe use them to hunt down and just make Peters life miserable?

I'm guessing he isn't exactly cured though since he says "it comes and goes".

Yeah, just checked it out, he implanted his dna in the spiders so they couldn't replicate it w/o him when he ran away? He admitted not being able to kill all the spiders though so if those spiders/venoms has his dna already then couldn't they just continue the research from there on out since spiders were stable? Certainly looked like they had plenty of spiders left over in ASM1 too and they didn't start killing them til after Lizard happened? Movie just got even more confusing. :lol:

Last edited:
^ ^ ^

I think he is still mad at Spidey/Peter? Wasn't that the main reason the Sinister 6 was formed in the comics (there should be gajililion of different reasons though in all of Spideys years of history)? It's slightly different in the cartoon with Kingpin putting them together to kill his competition iirc and in tangent kill Spidey as well I guess?

Or I think he just wants to take over the city because they thought Spidey was gone and Harry still wanted to form a "small group" of villains.
Not to bring it back up but the Raimi movies based their legit beef on the comics. Norman was GG, Harry wouldn't believe it. Blamed Spidey for killing his pops and thought that he even dressed him up in the GG costume to frame and disgrace him. He has friction with Pete cuz he thinks he's friends with Spidey since he's the only one getting pics of him. He finds out the truth and takes the goblin formula, finds some hidden left over video messages from Norman telling him to live up to his legacy and then goes crazy as the GG.

In the UC, it's probably different but I know it's clearer if I were to go read up on it now.

S6 I think in both formed without any Goblin at first. Like he was more of the mastermind behind it.

The "comes and goes" line alludes to Norman in the comics, he's referenced that a few times since it has to make sense how someone so crazy can at times be a complete genius and have these crazy master plans that almost work until he goes full on crazy and messes it up (Dark Reign).

Last edited:
I think the venom is useless on the patient unless you are a Parker and causes all kinds of side effects like lizardism and goblin mania...

Really, I think the DNA is the password so to speak. He did that so Oscorp had a bunch of ****** product without him. Maybe he thought that if they couldn't use the venom then they would keep him and his family alive. Kind of how Walter White did with the blue meth recipe.

Last edited:
This and the first remains my favorite superhero movie. IT did however, have a bunch of questionable scenes, and scenes that couldve been cut from the film but whatevs. Its a comic book movie and thats exactly what it was a on-screen comic. I'm pleased with it and can't wait for a 3rd.

Is deadpool and spidey close friends? Any talk of him appearing in the next film?

I liked this movie a lot more than the critics did.

I thought Garfield/Stone were awesome together (it's obvious they have chemistry, helps being a thing in real life.)

I wanted to love Electro, but for some reason didn't love it. It wasn't Foxx's fault, just didn't love.

Dane DeHaan as Harry was a perfect fit and I think he's a big time rising star in movies.

Thought the balance of relationship/drama (3/4) to action (1/4) could have been balanced better.

Even with the negatives I came out of the theater happy.

Damn! Lamekillas gon' have to watch this movie about 20 more times and bring as much people as he knows this week. :lol:

There's still a chance ASM2 keeps #1 because these guesses aren't always accurate (like Rio2 beating Cap2 earlier this year) but this isn't a good sign.

‘Neighbors’ Poised to Shock ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2' at Box Office

Universal's raunchy comedy is building buzz while Sony's superhero sequel is battling weak word of mouth

The Seth Rogen-Zac Efron comedy “Neighbors” is poised to pull off the summer's first box-office stunner and knock “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” out of the top spot after just one weekend.

Universal's R-rated frat boys vs. family romp is tracking to open north of $35 million, but analysts said Tuesday they expect it will come closer to $40 million. If Sony's Marvel superhero sequel falls off 60 percent from its $91 million opening last weekend — which looks like a distinct possibility — it will come in at $37 million.

“The Amazing Spider-Man 2” looks vulnerable for several reasons.

The biggest is the combination of mediocre reviews — 55 percent positive on Rotten Tomatoes — and weak word of mouth, evidenced by the so-so “B+” CinemaScore first-night audiences gave it.

Spidey brought in $5.1 million at the box office on Monday. That's the lowest first-Monday haul of any of the four previous entries in the franchise. It's well under the $7.5 million that “The Amazing Spidier-Man” did in 2012, and less than half of the $11 million that the original “Spider-Man” managed in 2002.

“It's going to be close,” BoxOffice.com vice-president and senior analyst Phil Contrino told TheWrap. “I don't know that ‘Spider-Man’ is going to fall as far as 60 percent, but the word of mouth has not been good and that Monday number is telling.”

Superhero movies are typically front-loaded and often take steep tumbles in their second weeks. Even April's very well-reviewed “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” fell off 56 percent from its $95 million first weekend, 2014's best opening, and it received an “A” CinemaScore.

If there is an upset — that Spidey would dominate the box office until “Godzilla” lands on May 16 was seen as a given a month ago — it will have as much to do with the surge by “Neighbors” as it does any weakness of the webslinger.

“Neighbors” has been building buzz since it wowed the crowd at the CinemaCon theaters owners gathering in Las Vegas last month. The reaction to the red-band trailer has been through the roof. And on Twitter and Facebook it's pacing well ahead of “This Is the End,” Rogen's raunchy comedy that was a breakout hit for Sony last summer.

http://www.thewrap.com/neighbors-poised-to-shock-amazing-spider-man-2-at-box-office

Last edited:
I never really pay attention to box office, and sequels are guaranteed so yeah.

And since when is a B+ so so? :lol:

Last edited:
I enjoyed this movie. A lot was going on but it was very good. Sally Field was amazing I teared up on that "you're my boy" speech. Acting overall was Impressive as was the story

Damn! Lamekillas gon' have to watch this movie about 20 more times and bring as much people as he knows this week. :lol:

There's still a chance ASM2 keeps #1 because these guesses aren't always accurate (like Rio2 beating Cap2 earlier this year) but this isn't a good sign.

They didn't take into account that yesterday was Cinco de Mayo

Now that Gwen Stacy's gone & shailene woodley probably won't be back for the third film to play Mary Jane who would you guys like to see replace her I'm throwing jane levy from evil dead & suburgatory she seems like a natural choice but what do you Guys think?

I've only seen her in Shameless. She looks good though. GOT fans have mentioned Sophie Turner I think. She hit puberty recently and is fire.

Saw it Sunday night on IMAX 3D and thought it was solid overall. I'll definitely watch it again sometime but I'm in no rush. Best part was the relationship between Peter and Gwen and Gwen's death. I also loved how Spider-Man looked and moved through out the film, it looked fantastic on the IMAX 3D screen. Garfield is a great Spider-Man and a good Peter Parker, I like him for the role a lot more then I ever did for Tobey. Could have cut out a few jokes in Spider-Man's opening scene in the chase though, some of them missed pretty badly. Also if they would have got rid of or shorten unnecessary stuff like the opening with his parents, the scene in the park, the Oscorp closet scene, the scene for Gwen's Oxford interview, the 2 planes almost crashing into each other, and the little kid at the end, it would have flowed a lot more smoother and not drag as much. With cutting out or cutting down some of those scenes, you could have extended the final battles against Electro and/or Harry too, film needed some more action. Overall I would give this film a 7.5/10, on the same level as Raimi's SM2.

Last edited:
Now that Gwen Stacy's gone & shailene woodley probably won't be back for the third film to play Mary Jane who would you guys like to see replace her I'm throwing jane levy from evil dead & suburgatory she seems like a natural choice but what do you Guys think?

Is Woodley out for sure?

I've done a complete 180 on her.. But I'm a jane levy fan, not sure she's right for Mary Jane though

Saw the movie today, I loved it.

The music when Electro is about to go off 
smokin.gif

Also, Gwen and Peter's relationship was done greatly as well. Esp. Gwen's death scene.

Spider-Man was hilarious as well when he was in fight scenes esp in the beginning with Rhino.

Like Mastamind003 said above, I loved how Spider-Man moved as well with all his moves and acrobatics.

Back
Top Bottom