SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
What did spiderman 2 do better at than amazing spiderman 2? I'm legit curious as to what some of you guys' opinions are on that...

Last edited:
Yeah back then but now, he is top tier hero. Cap got a big boost from Cap1 and Avengers and 64% of the BO numbers for Cap2 came from international tickets ($450m). Internationally, dude is kicking butt which was surprising to most still but you can tell the perception has changed and that is why Marvel could do no wrong right now.

As someone said before, Godzilla is very well known but it is pop culture. Most know Godzilla but has never even seen a single film in it's entirety. Again, the expected opening weekend for Godzilla is at $60-$70m, in comparison ASM2 was in $100m and Cap2 was in $90m iirc. That is a big discrepancy and also DoFP (comes out a week after Godzilla) is expected to open at $125m, yes it's memorial weekend but that is staggering number in comparison, practically double of Godzilla and will take away plenty of tickets away from the giant monster.

I think Godzilla will do good numbers but to be in the the top spot especially domestically, it's hard to imagine when SPidey and Cap can't even reach $300m.

I think it will because it's a movie you don't see in theaters a lot compared to super heroes so I think that will definitely draw a size able audience and Godzilla is again, in more demand than every super hero aside from maybe spiderman, batman, and superman. He will surpass Cap in sales, quote me.

What did spiderman 2 do better at than amazing spiderman 2? I'm legit curious as to what some of you guys' opinions are on that...
The story, the plot, pacing, and villain.

You know this though. We've been through this in this thread.

Obviously you disagree so please save us the wild posts saying ASM2 is a masterpiece and somehow GG and Electro were better than Doc Ock and that the pacing was great.

I disagree but I'd love to be proven wrong because I want more Godzilla films.

I just don't buy the "you don't see it often" just because of how little Pacific Rim made last year. I know Godzilla is a bigger name but it's like Godzilla versus Gundam or Transformers.

I don't know, it'll still be a midnight showing for me and I can't wait.

Obviously you disagree so please save us the wild posts saying ASM2 is a masterpiece and somehow GG and Electro were better than Doc Ock and that the pacing was great.

Did you read Film Crit Hulk's piece on ASM2? Nail on the head man

Did you read Film Crit Hulk's piece on ASM2? Nail on the head man

link?

SM2 is massively overrated but let's not get into that again

:rofl: everyone knows it too and it's hillarious. Dudes would rather see spiderman deliver pizzas and plain *** Kirsten Dunst reenact the upside down kiss with a randomly placed J.Jonah Jameson Jr. , then a CGI spectacle reinterpreting one of the most pivotal deaths in not only spiderman, but comic book history....

I will never understand

SM2 is massively overrated but let's not get into that again

:rofl: everyone knows it too and it's hillarious.

Where the hell are you getting this crap? Everyone knows it's overrated so most prefer it over ASM2?

At this point i isn't even entertaining anymore (your enthusiasm), I am just starting to feel sad for you. :smh:

Let it go.

I loved MoS and it's in the same vein as this, just got to move on man.

Last edited:
Yoooooooo that review is longgggggggggg[/quote]

And in all caps even!!!!! :lol:

Last edited:
JJJ was awesome though

J.K Simmons is the shining jewel in the Raimi trilogy, but randomly throwing his son in the sequel...nah. (What's up with Harry slapping Peter at that wedding party? You'd think his spider sense woulda caught that :rolleyes

Where the hell are you getting this crap? Everyone knows it's overrated so most prefer it over ASM2?

At this point i isn't even entertaining anymore (your enthusiasm), I am just starting to feel sad for you. :smh:

Let it go.

I loved MoS and it's in the same vein as this, just got to move on man.

:rofl: MoS?? All that movie showed us was Krypton and told you that Batman won't kill but Superman will :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

....it's just not fair, you guys. Everyone should love this film like me :wow: but I understand

The villain was better and more interesting throughout the entire movie. The overall pacing was better, it didn't feel like it dragged compared to ASM 2. And the structure/plot wasn't as jumbled and disjointed.

I still enjoyed and thought ASM 2 did a lot right.. but it's weak points were some of the stronger parts in Spiderman 2. And Spider-Man being carried by the people on the train after saving them >>> the little boy standing up to Rhino. It could have worked.. but Giamatti's accent ruined the magic :lol:

Just seen it....enjoyed it alot..

quick thoughts:

visuals were top notch

Peter + Gwen = :wow:

And i wasnt ready for my bae to go...i mean i seen the spoiler by mistake but i wasnt ready for the scene :frown:

I wanted to see Harry story more developed before he goes crazy....i needed to see more of him as the goblin as well

Electro/Jaimie was ok...

The ending though...urks me a bit....the kid....the kid i could have done without...

Rhino was a waste...

Stan Lee cameo :lol:

oh and Felicia :evil:

8.5/10

Last edited:
I disagree but I'd love to be proven wrong because I want more Godzilla films.

I just don't buy the "you don't see it often" just because of how little Pacific Rim made last year. I know Godzilla is a bigger name but it's like Godzilla versus Gundam or Transformers.

I don't know, it'll still be a midnight showing for me and I can't wait.

You made some good points though, I was surprised when you pointed out the Cap2 international numbers.

:lol: :rofl: @ that Hulk critic. I only read parts of it due to length but it made good points and was funny.

ASM's Peter Parker is a sociopath in all caps almost made me fall out of my chair and it's funny cuz it's true. some of these trends are in the comics with other topics but the one about responsibility isn't really taught at all. Gwen's pops dies, he's haunted by his ghost but he ignores just about anything anybody actually says to him and then gets Gwen killed but it's not really his fault cuz she insisted.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
@ that Hulk critic. I only read parts of it due to length but it made good points and was funny.

ASM's Peter Parker is a sociopath in all caps almost made me fall out of my chair and it's funny cuz it's true. some of these trends are in the comics with other topics but the one about responsibility isn't really taught at all. Gwen's pops dies, he's haunted by his ghost but he ignores just about anything anybody actually says to him and then gets Gwen killed but it's not really his fault cuz she insisted.
The responsibility thing was Stan Lee's personal thing. He only kept on being Spiderman in the comics to make money at first. If there is anything I hated about the first thing, it was the fact they wrote Stacy as a Spidey hater, when he was always a fan of him or at least didn't hate him like others did. That had me upset. I don't like when they change character traits. You can alter the story all you want, but keep the characters the same.

I heard what Hulk was sayin, but that doesn't make him right.

Peter WANTED to push her away. He tried. Without her father's ghost, he would have unquestionably loved her every second of his life. But because of that promise, he tried to push her away, yet still look over her, watch her, protect her, love her from afar.

He tried.

But at the end of the day, he's a 18-20 year old boy. And she loved him as much as he loved her.

That's what this was about. Even with him seeking out the background on his parents, dealing with Harry comin back, being Spiderman, at the end of the day, this was about his love for Gwen. And everything he feared, everything he was afraid of, came to be. He lost the one he loved the most.

Get any NORMAL 18-20 year old, and tell that person to stay away from the one they love, that loves them back, and see how that goes. It doesn't go easy. Sorry, it doesn't. All that Peter is a nutjob, pyschopath, greedy, whatever else he said, is bull ****. He fought himself like hell, but in the end, he wanted to be with her, and even in trying to protect her (which he clearly did in Times Square when he webbed her down) she still got caught in the middle, trying to help him out. Why? Because she worked at Ozcorp, and could help him get the job done to stop Electro. Even not wanting her there, she was the one that could get the grid back online.

Sounds real simple for Hulk to say Peter should have walked away, Peter should have done this, Peter should have done that, the bottom line is in the Comic books, in the actual source material, the woman dies. They put that on screen, magnificently. Hulk can shut the **** up. Wait, I'm sorry, HULK CAN SHUT THE **** UP. There, so he can understand it better. :lol:

I heard what Hulk was sayin, but that doesn't make him right.

Peter WANTED to push her away. He tried. Without her father's ghost, he would have unquestionably loved her every second of his life. But because of that promise, he tried to push her away, yet still look over her, watch her, protect her, love her from afar.

He tried.

But at the end of the day, he's a 18-20 year old boy. And she loved him as much as he loved her.

That's what this was about. Even with him seeking out the background on his parents, dealing with Harry comin back, being Spiderman, at the end of the day, this was about his love for Gwen. And everything he feared, everything he was afraid of, came to be. He lost the one he loved the most.

Get any NORMAL 18-20 year old, and tell that person to stay away from the one they love, that loves them back, and see how that goes. It doesn't go easy. Sorry, it doesn't. All that Peter is a nutjob, pyschopath, greedy, whatever else he said, is bull ****. He fought himself like hell, but in the end, he wanted to be with her, and even in trying to protect her (which he clearly did in Times Square when he webbed her down) she still got caught in the middle, trying to help him out. Why? Because she worked at Ozcorp, and could help him get the job done to stop Electro. Even not wanting her there, she was the one that could get the grid back online.

Sounds real simple for Hulk to say Peter should have walked away, Peter should have done this, Peter should have done that, the bottom line is in the Comic books, in the actual source material, the woman dies. They put that on screen, magnificently. Hulk can shut the **** up. Wait, I'm sorry, HULK CAN SHUT THE **** UP. There, so he can understand it better. :lol:

Rep Rep Rep

Back
Top Bottom