SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by Big J 33

On the post-credits scene via MTV

Spoiler [+]
Well ... alive, but maybe not well. The final scene of "Spider-Man," occurring mid-credits, shows Connors incarcerated in a maximum security setting, where he's paid a visit by a mystery man who apparently has inside info on Papa Parker's great disappearing act. That's more information than any of us have, of course; we're sure we're not alone in having left the theater wondering aloud, "What just happened?" But don't bother asking Webb that question; the filmmaker is keeping his lips sealed.
"We wanted to convey that there were more forces at work than you may have initially thought," the director told MTV News about the post-credits scene. "That's all I can say about that. But I invite speculation. I think it's very fun and interesting to listen to."

When asked the same question, Ifans gave a more direct, if not entirely revealing, answer. "Connors is sent to an asylum, a high-security asylum, as you would be if you threw police towers across the Brooklyn Bridge," he said of the scene. "And he's visited by, shall we say, a representative from Oscorp. How he gets into that cell and how he leaves that cell without the guards knowing? We have yet to find out."

Speculation surrounding the "representative's" identity has ranged from the likes of Mysterio and Elektro to the most obvious candidate, Norman Osborn, who plays a big (albeit unseen) role in "Amazing Spider-Man." Neither Webb nor Ifans would confirm the character's identity, though the director did acknowledge that the film features a brief glimpse at Osborn during one early scene.

"There is a silhouette on a display as Peter enters Oscorp, which reads, 'Our founder, Norman Osborn,' " he said. "There is a back story to that ... which I will not reveal to you!"

Though questions still surround the post-credits character's identity, Webb was quick to caution that this figure might not necessarily play a central villain role in the next "Spider-Man" movie. "I am not going to go that far," he said, "but certainly [he] will play a role in the future, in some fashion or another."http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1689023/amazing-spider-man-post-credits.jhtml
In case anyone didn't see it

Really enjoyed the movie and thought it was on par with Spiderman 2 (which was the best of the previous trilogy)..

I really found myself rooting for Spider-man as a true hero who could save the city from the Lizard..

Magneto makes sense for being the guy in the post-credits but I wanna believe it was Peter's father..

On the post-credits scene via MTV

Spoiler [+]
Well ... alive, but maybe not well. The final scene of "Spider-Man," occurring mid-credits, shows Connors incarcerated in a maximum security setting, where he's paid a visit by a mystery man who apparently has inside info on Papa Parker's great disappearing act. That's more information than any of us have, of course; we're sure we're not alone in having left the theater wondering aloud, "What just happened?" But don't bother asking Webb that question; the filmmaker is keeping his lips sealed.
"We wanted to convey that there were more forces at work than you may have initially thought," the director told MTV News about the post-credits scene. "That's all I can say about that. But I invite speculation. I think it's very fun and interesting to listen to."

When asked the same question, Ifans gave a more direct, if not entirely revealing, answer. "Connors is sent to an asylum, a high-security asylum, as you would be if you threw police towers across the Brooklyn Bridge," he said of the scene. "And he's visited by, shall we say, a representative from Oscorp. How he gets into that cell and how he leaves that cell without the guards knowing? We have yet to find out."

Speculation surrounding the "representative's" identity has ranged from the likes of Mysterio and Elektro to the most obvious candidate, Norman Osborn, who plays a big (albeit unseen) role in "Amazing Spider-Man." Neither Webb nor Ifans would confirm the character's identity, though the director did acknowledge that the film features a brief glimpse at Osborn during one early scene.

"There is a silhouette on a display as Peter enters Oscorp, which reads, 'Our founder, Norman Osborn,' " he said. "There is a back story to that ... which I will not reveal to you!"

Though questions still surround the post-credits character's identity, Webb was quick to caution that this figure might not necessarily play a central villain role in the next "Spider-Man" movie. "I am not going to go that far," he said, "but certainly [he] will play a role in the future, in some fashion or another."http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1689023/amazing-spider-man-post-credits.jhtml
In case anyone didn't see it

It's gotta be Chameleon.
Spoiler [+]
Why does the person ask about Peters parents?    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_and_Mary_Parker#Life_Model_Decoys    And since he is the Chameleon he can disguise himself as a warden or whomever he wants to get in and out of the prison without anyone being alerted.

Garfield did an amazing job, I wasn't going to see this movie because I didn't like who they chose to be Spidey...but dude killed it.

ASM > OG Tobey SM

Spoiler [+]
3D was unecessary
-The Juice

The Amazing Spider-Man Limited Edition Box Set Revealed

Included in this boxset are:

- Deleted Scenes and Alternate Takes
- Audio Commentaries with Cast and Crew
- The Oscorp Archives – Art and Promotional Materials Gallery
- Screen Tests
- Stunt Rehearsals
- Both 3D & 2D versions of the film
- Interactive 3D Film School with Director Marc Webb
- Collectible Amazing Spider-Man Figurine
- Collectible Lizard Figurine

2ngvb7t.jpg

The Amazing Spider-Man Limited Edition Box Set Revealed

Included in this boxset are:

- Deleted Scenes and Alternate Takes
- Audio Commentaries with Cast and Crew
- The Oscorp Archives – Art and Promotional Materials Gallery
- Screen Tests
- Stunt Rehearsals
- Both 3D & 2D versions of the film
- Interactive 3D Film School with Director Marc Webb
- Collectible Amazing Spider-Man Figurine
- Collectible Lizard Figurine

2ngvb7t.jpg

Already? Well damb! Movie just premiered a min ago.

Last edited:
Jamie Foxx Up for Villain Role in The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Jamie Foxx, who soon headlines Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, is up for a major role in Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Variety has the news and, while they're only able to confirm so far that Foxx would play a villain, they're maintaining that rumors point to that character being Electro.

Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Shailene Woodley are attached to star in the May 2, 2014 release. This time around, the script arrives from Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner and James Vanderbilt.

Electro has never definitively appeared on the big screen, though some fan speculation has suggested that the mysterious figure (played by Michael Massee) featured in The Amazing Spider-Man's end credits was, in fact, our first look at the character. First appearing in 1964's "The Amazing Spider-Man" #9, Electro's real name is Max Dillon and he has the power to control electricity.

UPDATE: Jamie Foxx has already semi-confirmed the rumors with the following tweet:
2hzpjwo.jpg

It's possible that the actor is pulling a joke on fans based on today's rumors, but official confirmation is likely to follow. Check back for updates as soon as they become available.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-for-villain-role-in-the-amazing-spider-man-2

Just saw the comment that Foxx made on Twitter. For some reason, I can't see him as Electro. 

I loved this movie. It made me a Spider-Man fan.

I downloaded the comics. Going to start on Brand New Day.

Last edited:
Marc Webb Talks Jamie Foxx, Electro and The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Although he's still unable to officially confirm today's report that Jamie Foxx will play Electro in his upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, director Marc Webb spoke today at a press event for next week's DVD and Blu-ray release of the first film and was more than willing to tiptoe around the issue.

"I think Jamie Foxx is electrifying!" Webb laughed when asked if the actor would, indeed, appear in the sequel. "I think Jamie Foxx is one of the best actors around today. He's such a great character actor and he's a really brilliant guy. I would love to work with him and you'll be hearing more on that shortly, I'm sure."

When asked what other Spider-Man characters he was particularly fond of, Webb again mentioned Max Dillon's electrically charged alter ego.

"I like Electro," Webb smiled. "I'm fascinated by Norman Osborn and the different inflections of him. And Harry. Mary Jane and Gwen are always interesting to me."

It's been confirmed that Shailene Woodley will be playing the role of Mary Jane Watson and early reports suggest that casting is now underway for Harry Osborn as well. Teased in the first film, it's very possible that Webb named the elder Osborn because we'll also be seeing him on the big screen in 2014.

Regardless of what villain or villains appear, Webb says that the most important trait of the sequel's big bad is a personal connection to Spider-Man himself.

"What makes villains interesting to me is what they bring out in Peter,"
Webb explained. "What challenges they provide for him. What's great about Marvel and other comics is that often there's a pre-existing relationship... It's not just about the physical conflict he has, but the emotional ones as well."

Ultimately, though, the sequel offers Webb a clean slate to take Spider-Man to places he's never been before on the big screen.

"What's exciting about moving forward is that, in the first movie, I had to still honor some of the important elements of the origin story," Webb says. "But I also wanted to redefine the context of it because I'm building a different universe than what we've seen before. A lot of the nuance is quite different. Now, as we're approaching the sequel, it's really exciting because I feel quite liberated. I have a universe that's my own. I don't have an obligation to the origin story. It's pretty fun and exciting and I can dig deeper into the parents."

As the sequel gears up for production, Webb says he's already had conversations about the viral marketing and that he's certain the sequel will offer as in-depth an ARG as the first film did. He also teased that the sequel may feature some scenes shot specifically for IMAX.

Check back soon for video interviews with Webb and the special effects artist behind The Amazing Spider-Man. The film itself arrives on DVD, Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D on November 9.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...mie-foxx-electro-and-the-amazing-spider-man-2

An African American Electro? Please don't let this happen..hope he plays Rhino or something.

An African American Electro? Please don't let this happen..hope he plays Rhino or something.
:lol: :smh: but seriously, although dude is an okay actor i can't see him as electro either. probably as hammerhead or something...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom