Spy Shots: 2009 Mazda6 caught naked with new curves

Via Autoblog.com

Last September at the Frankfurt Motor Show, we made the claim that the new Euro-spec Mazda6 was bringing sexy back to the midsize sedan market. The version slated for sale in the United States will do the same, but not because it's identical to the one designed for Europe. It's not. These spy shots from Brenda Priddy & Co. show a completely naked prototype that was caught in Detroit. Though at first glance it looks exactly like the 6 that debuted in Frankfurt last year, closer inspection reveals many changes to the car, which corroborates reports we've heard that the U.S. version is also markedly different underneath its skin. Follow the jump for a review of the changes in store for U.S. customers.

w_mazda6_bw_priddy1.jpg

w_mazda6_bw_priddy3.jpg

Damn, not bad, got a lil RX8 in the front, and a bit of Mercedes S500 / c63amg in the back... I can roll with it, I would copp over the new Accord or Camry,
eek.gif
pimp.gif

those taillights
sick.gif

that exhaust
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

reminds me of the facelifted 2nd gen saab 9.3 without the swag, from the back i mean

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

not feeling this at all

same. front doesn't look right, and sides and back have aspects that just bulge out. looked alright on the RX-8, not i'm not taking it well withthis. don't like.

Not feeling the front, I like the back though. I like the old Mazda 6 better. While we're on the subject, did anyone post news of the RX-9 yet?

- U.S. version looks flat-out goofy...

- The rear is acceptable, but the front is silly, willy...

- E.U. version looks much more fluid, refined, next-gen done properly...

- U.S. always getting the leftovers....
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom