Started watching DBZ again: Some observations

Originally Posted by inspectah derek

DBZ was one of my favorites as a kid. But now that I look back on it, it really does suck. Yu Yu Hakusho on the other hand, was sick

I like DBZ but YYH is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by soltheman

DBZ > *

I remember one time I came home from school SUPER amped. It was the final episode of the Freeza Saga..and it was about to be 2012 on Namek, ya dig?

Anyways, I was watching...GLUED to the TV, right? This *%* cut off out of nowhere. I blinked. Turned the TV on and off. Still, nothing. SPRINTED to my mother's room, said something like "dragon ball....tv...not work" 'cause I was really fat as a kid and would easily lose my breath.

Turns out my mom "forgot" to pay the cable bill, had them turn it on for the rest of the week, but by that time Namek had already blown up.

I still never forgave my mom for that BS.

mad.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dragon ball kai has all the fillers removed so it's better imo. i prefer watching it with english subtitles. dbz had it's flaws but it was very influential. 

Originally Posted by generaiya

Originally Posted by PraVokal

Kai is a mockery of the DBZ I used to watch.

Vegeta is God tho.
Generaiy and everyone else on NT knows that Vegeta stays losing
grin.gif
Please don't get me started. I don't have the energy -only the passion- but none of the energy it takes to defend V-man.
tired.gif

If im watching japanese animation i cant stand watching it with english dubs...id rather read subtitles...dubbed is just not authentic to me.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I didn't really realize it till he explained why he let babidi influence him.
Word. In a nutshell he basically said, "Toryiama does NOT like me. He wrote me up to be a God amongst men. So hell, it's REALLY not my fault I'm this proud. But I should be. I'm an ELITE! So I guess I'll just try to use this dark magic to overcome Toriyama hating on me all these years.... oh yeah... that Buu guy is kinda relevant too I guess... not to me specifically, but I am supposed to be this super strong Prince Guy... eh.. "

Smh because its basically true. I haven't watched GT yet but he never gets his just due.

Norcal I know what you mean. I'm the same way with shaw brothers films. Growing up on the funimation joint though its just what I'm use to.

On a side note master roshi is flagrant as hell
laugh.gif

I remember 9/11 had happened.  All day we had the news on but at 5 EST I had to switch it to DBZ for half an hr and then back to the news. 

^When your supporting cast is making indirect commentary to the writers for making ++%@ unfair and lopsided... you've got one hell of a character.

Originally Posted by amel223

I remember 9/11 had happened.  All day we had the news on but at 5 EST I had to switch it to DBZ for half an hr and then back to the news. 
This man is dedicated
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

but in the Japanese version theres more blood, sometimes a little nudity, like when Vegeta was being healed on planet Vegeta and found out freiza left for namek you should he his butt but the US version had poorly drawn shorts on
laugh.gif

Smh because its basically true. I haven't watched GT yet but he never gets his just due.

Local I know what you mean. I'm the same way with shaw brothers films. Growing up on the funimation joint though its just what I'm use to.

On a side note master roshi is flagrant as hell
laugh.gif

Word
laugh.gif

I hated when Toonami reached the end of the block of episodes they were showing & the next day you come home to find Goku looking frail as hell in the Raditz story arc. I watch Kai semi religiously (when schedule permits) on Nicktoons. I believe they just started the Android Saga & for a moment Vegeta was the baddest *!%%+%+%$@%+ alive
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sucks what happened to both Vegeta & Gohan as the story progressed, with Goku continuously being the final answer to every villain.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I hated when Toonami reached the end of the block of episodes they were showing & the next day you come home to find Goku looking frail as hell in the Raditz story arc. I watch Kai semi religiously (when schedule permits) on Nicktoons. I believe they just started the Android Saga & for a moment Vegeta was the baddest *!%%+%+%$@%+ alive
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sucks what happened to both Vegeta & Gohan as the story progressed, with Goku continuously being the final answer to every villain.
piccolo07.jpg

I'm glad op brought this up.

After the revisit of DBZ after maybe 14 yrs, with a much more observational mind set than when I was 12... I realized a few great messages maybe even subconscious to the author that were embedded deep into DBZ...

I really want to point out that the work ethic all the characters display through out the series was extreme dedication. All of them would constantly be training, and getting better, no matter how big the obstacle was, they all had team up to overcome it. The whole series was really about dedication, great work ethic and great morals.....

Since now that I am at a age that I see my friends and family are having children, I always advertise DBZ as a educational series for their children, and of coz I would constantly pointing out the hard work that is being done for the children who r watching it.....

Let me borrow this thread to truly be thankful and appreciate all the great characteristics DBZ programmed in me unconsciously when I was a kid, and made me the man of who I am today
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

More like 5 minutes of staring at each other and talking +%$# and a week of powering up.

Tell me how Goku had only a day left on earth but that %%!+ felt like 3-4 days.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

-world tournament
-blow up babidi's spaceship
-head back to the world tournament/vegeta kills people
-goku fights vegeta & gets knocked out
-buu gets unhatched
-vegeta kills himself fighting buu
-goku wakes up, finds the boys and teaches them fusion
-trunks goes back to C.Corp for dragon radar
-goku finds buu & goes super sayian 3 for 1st time/ fights buu for a good while
-trunks finally gets the radar & heads back
-long !!$ sob sob
frown.gif
time

all in the span of "24 hours" + im probably missing stuff
grin.gif
grin.gif

I really want to point out that the work ethic all the characters display through out the series was extreme dedication. All of them would constantly be training, and getting better, no matter how big the obstacle was, they all had team up to overcome it. The whole series was really about dedication, great work ethic and great morals.....

Truth. Explains why the show was so popular with the bodybuilders and athletes when I went to school...Dudes all wanted to be Brolly.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Truth. Explains why the show was so popular with the bodybuilders and athletes when I went to school...Dudes all wanted to be Brolly.
pimp.gif

Gets me pumped

Originally Posted by lyricist343

Majin Vegeta >>> Goku

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
Cell Saga Gohan > that lame.

And don't front on Mr. PoPo. That was my dude! Dude was stronger than two super sayians!

Back
Top Bottom