Stat makes the game look too easy

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

indifferent.gif
at the hate on NT......... Amare is great around the rim and is one of the best PF's in the league..... Say he doesn't play D? Well then, outside of maybe 20 - 30 players, who "really" plays D in the league today?

What about rebounds? Or any decent passing? Basically, what does he do other than dunk and pose for the camera? Just wondering.

Originally Posted by CP1708

indifferent.gif
at the hate on NT......... Amare is great around the rim and is one of the best PF's in the league..... Say he doesn't play D? Well then, outside of maybe 20 - 30 players, who "really" plays D in the league today?

What about rebounds? Or any decent passing? Basically, what does he do other than dunk and pose for the camera? Just wondering.

It's obvious you don't watch Suns games. He has developed a nice midrange shot. Thats not all he does is dunk. He's leading all centers isscoring this year. He's a flat out scorer. He averages a little over 9 rebounds a game. With his athletic ability and strength I definitely think he shouldbe averaging a bit more. But your statement shows me you either dont watch him play and your just basing your opinion off of what NT says or you just don'tlike him.

indifferent.gif

Does he really have to be a passer in that uptempo offense with Steve Nash? He has a certain role on that team.... As for rebounds, he's averaging 9boards a game this season, which is decent considering he also has Marion who is a good rebounder in the same frontcourt. He's also averaging 2 blocks pergame as an undersized C on a team that doesn't play D outside of Marion & Bell. He can also hit the open mid range shot on occasion..... but to say hejust dunks and poses for the camera is laughable....

5dividedby4 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

indifferent.gif

It's obvious you don't watch Suns games. He has developed a nice midrange shot. Thats not all he does is dunk. He's leading all centers is scoring this year. He's a flat out scorer. He averages a little over 9 rebounds a game. With his athletic ability and strength I definitely think he should be averaging a bit more. But your statement shows me you either dont watch him play and your just basing your opinion off of what NT says or you just don't like him.

You're right, NT teaches me so much about the game. My point is with this incredible strength and athletic ability you speak of, all I ever see him dowhen it matters is throw a few viscious dunks down and run down the court with his shoulders back. That's it. I know he hits a jumper here and there. But if he's so skilled and so wonderful playing guys with tons less talent, why doesn't he average 30 and 15? Why doesn't he destroy every team hefaces minus a Tim Duncan or a KG? Why when the Suns are down by 20 and it's the fourth quarter does he throw down a dunk and pose for pictures? Does hethink he just did something by now being down by 18? Why doesn't he pose when Al Jefferson dunks on him? Or pose when Mark Madsen (who has no talent)takes a rebound away from him. Why does he let Marion get all the rebounds as Suns fans love saying? Ben Wallace didn't just sit back and let Sheed getall the boards, he grabbed those things like they were hundred dollar bills floating down from the rafters. But if none of these points or questions are validor true, then I must be mistaken. He's the greatest center of our lifetime. Nobody will ever stop him. BTW, while I was typing this, Marcus Banks juststole a rebound from him and dunked it in his face in practice. But he's the greatest.
wink.gif

i don't see amare stoudamire as anything more than an inconsistent offensive threat.

even that's giving him too much credit

5dividedby4 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

indifferent.gif

It's obvious you don't watch Suns games. He has developed a nice midrange shot. Thats not all he does is dunk. He's leading all centers is scoring this year. He's a flat out scorer. He averages a little over 9 rebounds a game. With his athletic ability and strength I definitely think he should be averaging a bit more. But your statement shows me you either dont watch him play and your just basing your opinion off of what NT says or you just don't like him.

You're right, NT teaches me so much about the game. My point is with this incredible strength and athletic ability you speak of, all I ever see him do when it matters is throw a few viscious dunks down and run down the court with his shoulders back. That's it. I know he hits a jumper here and there. But if he's so skilled and so wonderful playing guys with tons less talent, why doesn't he average 30 and 15? Why doesn't he destroy every team he faces minus a Tim Duncan or a KG? Why when the Suns are down by 20 and it's the fourth quarter does he throw down a dunk and pose for pictures? Does he think he just did something by now being down by 18? Why doesn't he pose when Al Jefferson dunks on him? Or pose when Mark Madsen (who has no talent) takes a rebound away from him. Why does he let Marion get all the rebounds as Suns fans love saying? Ben Wallace didn't just sit back and let Sheed get all the boards, he grabbed those things like they were hundred dollar bills floating down from the rafters. But if none of these points or questions are valid or true, then I must be mistaken. He's the greatest center of our lifetime. Nobody will ever stop him. BTW, while I was typing this, Marcus Banks just stole a rebound from him and dunked it in his face in practice. But he's the greatest.
wink.gif

Did you read my post? Like I said he SHOULD be averaging more rebounds. I never said he's the greatest, he has a lot to work on. He's the LEADINGscoring center in the NBA and is top 5 in field goal precentage so obviously he does more than just pose and dunk and throw up an occasional jumper. Like Isaid he needs to work on his rebounding. Shawn Marion grabbing all of the rebounds is no excuse. We are the worst rebounding team in the league so hedefinitely has room for improvement. Like I've said you obviously dont watch suns games. You are a Lakers fan which means you probably hate the Suns whichis obvious. He has had a number of clutch dominating performances on offense and clutch performances on defense. He shows signs of being a good defender butit's not consistent enough. I'm not here to argue because it seems like your opinion is set.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

5dividedby4 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

indifferent.gif

You're right, NT teaches me so much about the game. My point is with this incredible strength and athletic ability you speak of, all I ever see him do when it matters is throw a few viscious dunks down and run down the court with his shoulders back. That's it. I know he hits a jumper here and there. But if he's so skilled and so wonderful playing guys with tons less talent, why doesn't he average 30 and 15? Why doesn't he destroy every team he faces minus a Tim Duncan or a KG? Why when the Suns are down by 20 and it's the fourth quarter does he throw down a dunk and pose for pictures? Does he think he just did something by now being down by 18? Why doesn't he pose when Al Jefferson dunks on him? Or pose when Mark Madsen (who has no talent) takes a rebound away from him. Why does he let Marion get all the rebounds as Suns fans love saying? Ben Wallace didn't just sit back and let Sheed get all the boards, he grabbed those things like they were hundred dollar bills floating down from the rafters. But if none of these points or questions are valid or true, then I must be mistaken. He's the greatest center of our lifetime. Nobody will ever stop him. BTW, while I was typing this, Marcus Banks just stole a rebound from him and dunked it in his face in practice. But he's the greatest.
wink.gif

Did you read my post? Like I said he SHOULD be averaging more rebounds. I never said he's the greatest, he has a lot to work on. He's the LEADING scoring center in the NBA and is top 5 in field goal precentage so obviously he does more than just pose and dunk and throw up an occasional jumper. Like I said he needs to work on his rebounding. Shawn Marion grabbing all of the rebounds is no excuse. We are the worst rebounding team in the league so he definitely has room for improvement. Like I've said you obviously dont watch suns games. You are a Lakers fan which means you probably hate the Suns which is obvious. He has had a number of clutch dominating performances on offense and clutch performances on defense. He shows signs of being a good defender but it's not consistent enough. I'm not here to argue because it seems like your opinion is set.

Which one of us doesn't watch Suns games?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You gotta be kidding me.
roll.gif
roll.gif

i dont see how he makes the all star game but Al Jeffeson doesnt?! he put up 39 and 15, 30 and 20 in TWO WINS! that is embarrassing

^ i agree. AJ plays offense and defense and puts up great numbers, but i guess it's the win thing. amare is great on offense, but he has yet to improve onany of his defense. he used to dunk and get a lot of layups, now he's got a good midrange and good free throws. and i think amare is (maybe) offensivelythe best pf/c (whichever position he wants to be), but definitely not the best in the game because he doesn't play defense and a lot of other players haveto make their own plays as opposed to amare getting a lot of pick and rolls for layups, dunks, and jump shots.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by MBen32

i dont know any other big man that can get to the hole as easily as him and throw it down as effortlessly
05HowardDwight02.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>amare stou_emire
Yeah, I can tell the OP didn't put much thought into it. D12 is better than him at all facets, and doesn't get the ball as much.
False Howard doesnt shoot as well nor is he as comfortable with the ball. Howard gets the ball much more too.
Agreed, Amare is a lot more polished at the offensive end...but Howard is my guy and he will develop the totalpackage sooner or later...Pat Ewing will make sure of that.

He missed that free throw so easy last night. What a "clutch" performance by such a dominant big man. I don't know how he does it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Which one of us doesn't watch Suns games?
obviously you don't. Amare is the clutches big man in the game today. Last night was the only only only time you would see him miss afreethrow when we needed it most. He hits big shots (notice I said shots, and not dunks) and plays great defense at crunch time.

I know he hits a jumper here and there
best shooting center in the league, between him and Yao.

Why when the Suns are down by 20 and it's the fourth quarter does he throw down a dunk and pose for pictures?
To begin with, how rarely are the suns down by 20? and when has he ever done that? do you even watch suns basketball?

Amare ONLY lacks on is one thing, and that's rebounding. If you NT users believe Amare is so awful on defense because of how much points he lets centersgive up on him, then, that's like saying the WHOLE NBA is lacking defense because how much points centers let him get onthem. Right?
wink.gif

I'm not going to quote one specific person but here are some points i think needs to be made...

1) Amare offensive game is more polished that Howard...some of you are saying Amare is just a dunker when Howard is more of "dunker" than Amare

2) Amare's perimeter game is WAY better than Howard...Amare can get the ball from on the wing and blow by a big...you never see Howard do this..

3) Howard is a better rebounder obviously...but if Howard had another rebounder like Marion on his team he wouldn't be pulling down 15 boards a game likehe does...

4) You cant compare Jeffersons numbers to Amare's cuz there is NOBODY ELSE on the t-wolves...of course amare is not going to average 30 when he has Nash,Marion, Barbosa, and Bell...he doesn't need to score 30 a night...if Amare was on the wolves he'd be getting 30 a night

5) All the talk about this d is justified cuz his d is horrible...all he does is foul hahaha...but any talk about his offense is just dumb...

suns lost that game last night because marion came down on duncan and let finley knock down that three pointer. that one play lost the suns the game.

i dont know any other big man that can get to the hole as easily as him and throw it down as effortlessly

As mentioned before, check Dwight Howard. He is unmatched in that category.

Two words: STEVE NASH.

The vast majority of his buckets are handed to him on a platter via Mr. Nash.

He is a great player by all measurements (minus defense) but some of it has to
do with the team he's on.

Back
Top Bottom