STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Any suggestions on how to reduce shoulder pain when doing front squats. I've been trying them (not consistently) over the past months because I read it's better for your knees, but I can barely hold the weight up-and it puts tension on my lower back.

I use the electronic body fat calculator thing at my gym and my body fat has gone down...and I have a ton more definition in my back then I did two months ago, I'm not going to sit here and lie to you...I was honest about my diet and I'm just telling you what has happened to me over these past two months. I'm not saying it's all attributed to the Bioforge, it could be my diet and workout program as well.

Serious question, how old are you?

Any suggestions on how to reduce shoulder pain when doing front squats. I've been trying them (not consistently) over the past months because I read it's better for your knees, but I can barely hold the weight up-and it puts tension on my lower back.
are you doing them cross armed or in a front rack position?? i sorta hurt my shoulder using a crossed arm form. either way, make sure the bar is resting on your front delts and keep your elbows up throughout the squat.

I use the electronic body fat calculator thing at my gym and my body fat has gone down...and I have a ton more definition in my back then I did two months ago, I'm not going to sit here and lie to you...I was honest about my diet and I'm just telling you what has happened to me over these past two months. I'm not saying it's all attributed to the Bioforge, it could be my diet and workout program as well.

I believe you bro... These scrawny dudes don't know a thing about muscle! I remember last year, I started drinking Muscle Milk, was lifting like CRAZY! (Like about 3-4 hours, TWICE a day)

I gained about 4lbs of pure muscle my first week! And I noticed that if I benched in the morning, I would gain another 2lbs of muscle. And for every completed set of arm curls (3x10) I gained another 3lbs of muscle.

So by the end of the month, I gained a total of 29lbs of muscle.

Last edited:
lol at 29lbs in one month but 3 is very possible, if its all lean muscle then thats impressive 

:stoneface: @ you for not believing me. I wouldn't lie!

I use the electronic body fat calculator thingy-ma-jiggy at my gym. Plus I noticed all the muscles on my back! I know it's muscle weight too because my fat is lower...

How else do you explain the new vein popping out of my left forearm? :nerd:

Last edited:
If he needs to be conditioned to run 8-12 miles, I dont think interval training is the best route.

Thanks prettyboy but I'm leaning towards Durden7 comment

HIIT is great for fat burning

but my main goal for the next 8 weeks is endurance.

Any advice Durden?

I don't know why people lie for no reason on here. 6 pounds of muscle would take A LOT longer than 2 months
Stop hating on dude it's very possible. He's got a solid workout seems to be eating clean and obviously enough to grow. Op are you new to training? If so its even easier newbie gains are no joke and it's one of the rare occasions you can grow while shedding bodyfat .

I believe you bro... These scrawny dudes don't know a thing about muscle! I remember last year, I started drinking Muscle Milk, was lifting like CRAZY! (Like about 3-4 hours, TWICE a day)
I gained about 4lbs of pure muscle my first week! And I noticed that if I benched in the morning, I would gain another 2lbs of muscle. And for every completed set of arm curls (3x10) I gained another 3lbs of muscle.
roll.gif
 i thought you were serious at first

Has anyone done a cross fit mobility class? Im about to try one out cause squats and deadlifts have made my hamstrings, glutes and back real tight

Last edited:
Do you guys think eating a burrito is a good healthy meal?
I usually get a Burrito like 3 days out of the week for lunch with chicken, brown rice, black beans, peppers, mushrooms, lettuce and tomato on a spinach wrap. I then split the burrito into two portions. I'll eat half of it at 12noon for lunch, and i'll eat the other one at 3:30pm, then hit the gym at 5pm, and i'll have a post workout protein drink and a banana around 7 or 8.

1st off its good your staying away from the cheese and sour cream. That crap adds no value to your life. Secondly, the brown rice is a good healthy start but look to ditch the breads and starches as they add belly fat. Get a bowl instead with no rice, extra black beans, and everything else you just listed.

Do y'all still go to the gym on Friday, knowing you might/you will drink later on at night?

Some people told me it's pointless. I understand my protein synthesis isn't maximized due to the alcohol but I like to do it anyway cuz 1) it's my schedule. I just cannot get myself to not go 2) I like to build on my strength anyway

What's your take on this?

^ Tomorrow is my birthday and I plan on drinking after the gym. Just make sure you get plenty of nutrients in your system and give yourself plenty of recover time before you go out and drink.

:smh: :rofl:

1st off its good your staying away from the cheese and sour cream. That crap adds no value to your life. Secondly, the brown rice is a good healthy start but look to ditch the breads and starches as they add belly fat. Get a bowl instead with no rice, extra black beans, and everything else you just listed.

Another case of carbophobe. If you don't eat over maintenance level it wont get stored as fat. Listen to your body. Heres a great article on carbohydrates.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/how-many-carbohydrates-do-you-need.html

"When carbohydrates are restricted completely, the body still has a small requirement for glucose, and the body has to find something to make glucose out of. That something is lactate and pyruvate (produced from glucose metabolism), glycerol (from fat metabolism) and some amino acids. It’s the amino acid use thats the problem since they have to come from somewhere".

I personally match my protein and carb intake gram for gram, which is about 180 a day. Again, listen to YOUR body!!!

Good workout in the gym today :pimp:

Bad thing is after 3 months or so, I still don't know if I'm doing Pendlay Rows in correct form. I'm ready to just use a machine in the gym that is the same concept but you're sitting upright instead.

Back
Top Bottom