STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

also people on a PPL routine often have 2 different pull days. one focuses around the bench press and the other around the OHP.
that's what i do. push day 1: flat barbell bench 5x5 and seated dumbell presses 4x10-12 plus a bunch of other accessory lifts. push day 2: OHP 5x5 and flat barbell bench 4x10-12 or speed work (used to be 4x8-10 on incline dumbell but i'm working on increasing my flat bench right now) plus a bunch of other accessory lifts.

that's what i do. push day 1: flat barbell bench 5x5 and seated dumbell presses 4x10-12 plus a bunch of other accessory lifts. push day 2: OHP 5x5 and flat barbell bench 4x10-12 or speed work (used to be 4x8-10 on incline dumbell but i'm working on increasing my flat bench right now) plus a bunch of other accessory lifts.

yes, very similar to what i did except i still did OHP on my bench day instead of the dumbell presses. i think the OHP is far superior than the dumbbell presses
OHP is my favorite exercise, cant wait to go back to doing it twice per week again :smokin

Last edited:
Can I get some tips on shredding bros? This the first time ever that I'm really going to change my diet drastically, I just want to know what's actually effective and I won't want to shoot myself of starvation. I've heard of the smoothie/juicing diet, but that just sounds like torture

If you go the drastic route, you're more likely to give up. You'll be miserable. Better if you gradually reduce your calories over a couple of weeks. Learn to cook. Get a food scale.

If you go the drastic route, you're more likely to give up. You'll be miserable. Better if you gradually reduce your calories over a couple of weeks. Learn to cook. Get a food scale.
I eat pretty much any and everything I want so drastic for me is eating healthy. I'm actually doing a competition with a few friends for 800 dollars, to see who can lose the highest percentage of weight by april 1st. I'm a skinny dude by nature, losing weight is pretty easy for me, but I wanted to take this as a opportunity to push myself and see how low of a body fat percentage I can reach by then. I don't mind being miserable as long as I don't feel like I'm starving throughout the day.

also people on a PPL routine often have 2 different push days. one focuses around the bench press and the other around the OHP.
atleast thats how i did it and think its the most efficient way to do it.

now that we are on the subject, im thinking of going back to PPL again.
I love it, wouldn't go back to anything else.

I do flat bb bench first on both my push days because Im trying to get it up. I do OHP or db press right after it and do 3-6 range one day and then 10-12 the next time. 

Can I get some tips on shredding bros? This the first time ever that I'm really going to change my diet drastically, I just want to know what's actually effective and I won't want to shoot myself of starvation. I've heard of the smoothie/juicing diet, but that just sounds like torture
Just decrease your calories. Also you could do cardio to lose weight even faster. As long as you eat in a caloric deficit you will lose weight. It's simple brah.

I love it, wouldn't go back to anything else.

I do flat bb bench first on both my push days because Im trying to get it up. I do OHP or db press right after it and do 3-6 range one day and then 10-12 the next time. 

starting next week im going back to PPL. Ready to make them strength gains bros :nthat:

starting next week im going back to PPL. Ready to make them strength gains bros :nthat:

Same. Back to Candito's PPL routine next week. Good results the first time around with no diet, hopefully I stay stricter to the diet this time around.

Working out is nothing, it's fun, but dieting sucks. Oh well, put in work, get results, no excuses.

They are when it comes to bench 

Max and heavy don't mean the same thing either smartass 

also people on a PPL routine often have 2 different push days. one focuses around the bench press and the other around the OHP.
atleast thats how i did it and think its the most efficient way to do it.

now that we are on the subject, im thinking of going back to PPL again.

would you be working with the same pull day routine?

thinking about doing a PPL routine to start the new year.

First day back this year, decided to go with back since I figure the benches would be taken.

I need to learn to keep my ego in check and not rush to add weight to the exercises I'm doing.

Bent Over Rows x 4
Deadlift x 3
DB Row x 3
Seated Row x 3
Iso Pulldown on Hammer x 3
Iso Row on Hammer x 3
Lat Pull Down x 4
Lat Pullover x 3

DB Bicep Curls x 3
Barbell Curls x 3

I don't go to the gym on Mondays, worse day to go. I'm not touching the gym till Wednesday, should be a lil lean by than.

Gonna go with a Wed-Sun routine with Mon & Tue as my off days. Gonna do this for a while until the crowds die down on the first 2 days of the week.

Dieting sucks to start, after you get used to it. its so damn easy and you get used to it.

just gotta be strong, a clean and high protein diet is so damn important. lift all you want but a proper diet is needed if you want to look the best.

why work out your heart out every day but too lazy to diet? go in it 100% and you will be proud of what youve done.

QUICK CURVEBALL IN MY ROUTINE.

GONNA DO SHORTCUT TO SHRED AS MY FIRST 6 WEEKS.

HOW MANY WEEKS = 180 DAYS GAIS?

Back
Top Bottom