STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I need to eat 3k cals a day on $60 a week.

Healthy food though.

Help

Carbs - Rice, Pasta, Potatoes
Protein - Eggs, Milk (if you can stomach it), Chicken or Beef (whichever cut is cheaper; usually it's chicken), canned Tuna or Salmon

I'm on something similar but my budget is $50. Since your budget is fairly tight you probably won't have much variety in your diet.
I stress milk because it is probably one of the most cost effective foods for bulking. Of course, if you can't stomach it then you would need to avoid it.

Usually I go through about 4 to 6 glasses per day so the calories add up...

Watch these videos. It shows pro bodybuilders making a $50 budget work. I'm sure if they can do it with $50, you can find ways to make $30 work. Like I said, milk will give you a lot of missing calories.

Man. I'm gonna go to Costco now to see if the savings can be had.

I forgot to add eggs and potatoes to the list :lol:

Ironman got me feeling bad for taking the day off today. May go running after work now.

Meal number 4 for today

I prepared food for about 4 days all in small bowls. I haven't been eating until the point I feel full, only to semi satisfied, if that makes sense. First few days I felt like I had a headache, even not its a light one.

How big are you guy's portions, the ones who aren't trying to bulk up?

i think he's referring to the custom powders on true nutrition.
trutein is now made by body nutrition. owner of the company got in trouble. not sure if that prompted the name change.

trutein has great flavors but can be kinda chalky in consistency. it's def a thick protein powder.
Yeah, meant truenutrition.com. Interested in the whey isolate cold filtrated.

Can somebody school me on what "zija" is? I know it's a bs scam but can someone explain to me why like in detail the idea behind the "pyramid scheme" and why the ingredients are crap (if they are indeed crap) or is it just ridiculously overpriced multi vitamin? this couple I'm freinds with started selling it having meetings and pretty much my entire fb is zija post along with work freinds I can't find any bad info about it every thing I read is pro zija and I want to go in on them next time they ask me to come to a meeting

Carbs - Rice, Pasta, Potatoes
Protein - Eggs, Milk (if you can stomach it), Chicken or Beef (whichever cut is cheaper; usually it's chicken), canned Tuna or Salmon

I'm on something similar but my budget is $50. Since your budget is fairly tight you probably won't have much variety in your diet.
I stress milk because it is probably one of the most cost effective foods for bulking. Of course, if you can't stomach it then you would need to avoid it.

Usually I go through about 4 to 6 glasses per day so the calories add up...

Watch these videos. It shows pro bodybuilders making a $50 budget work. I'm sure if they can do it with $50, you can find ways to make $30 work. Like I said, milk will give you a lot of missing calories.

Thx bro. Repped

144 a month for two is crazy. That's a night out sometimes for me. In fact, everyone's budget seems on the low side, but I'm going to attribute that to you guys cooking and eating at home. I never cook. Only time I get home cooking is if my mother comes over.

150 for 2 in a month is crazy. I only eat out Saturdays for date night other then that Im usually cooking or eating what I prepared the night before. 

this is for groceries---doesn't include the incidentals he and I may get for our lunch or when we go out to eat. I rarely buy my own lunch though, and for breakfast I eat oatmeal everyday. He doesn't really eat breakfast, but steel cut oatmeal is hella cheap even if he did

Also, we don't buy fruit cuz we both work at places where fruit is in abundance. In terms of veggies, it's not the best, but I buy a lot of frozen veggies.

WELP

SESSION ONE OF MY SLEEVE COMPLETE

NO HEAVY LIFTING FOR TWO WEEKS AT LEAST

YAY CARDIO AND BEING SUPER DUPER STRICT ON MY CALORIC INTAKE

I WANNA CUT WEIGHT I SAID. IT WILL BE FUN I SAID

in this phase of losing weight, i know i need to burn more calories so that will be my main focus. i can't run because my knees are effed up. i'll do PPL for 3 days out of the week for strength and then do some makeshift workouts the other 3 days. today i did circuits of OHP x 20, dumbell squats x 20, tricep pull downs x 20, ez bar curls x 20 and 30 jumping jacks. short rest in-between. did that for like 30 mins and got pretty damn tired, almost puked and then messed around for another 10 mins then called it quits.

i need suggestions for more exercises like calisthenics types of stuff. iron man, anyone with suggestions.
thanks.

WELP

SESSION ONE OF MY SLEEVE COMPLETE

NO HEAVY LIFTING FOR TWO WEEKS AT LEAST

YAY CARDIO AND BEING SUPER DUPER STRICT ON MY CALORIC INTAKE

I WANNA CUT WEIGHT I SAID. IT WILL BE FUN I SAID
Pics?

Balled and lifted after some of my sessions lol I don't think it hurts anything along as you wrap it up.

in this phase of losing weight, i know i need to burn more calories so that will be my main focus. i can't run because my knees are effed up. i'll do PPL for 3 days out of the week for strength and then do some makeshift workouts the other 3 days. today i did circuits of OHP x 20, dumbell squats x 20, tricep pull downs x 20, ez bar curls x 20 and 30 jumping jacks. short rest in-between. did that for like 30 mins and got pretty damn tired, almost puked and then messed around for another 10 mins then called it quits.

i need suggestions for more exercises like calisthenics types of stuff. iron man, anyone with suggestions.
thanks.
Why not do PPL 6 days out of the week?

Why not do PPL 6 days out of the week?
been doing it for about 6-9+ months and it's great for strength but i need something that will help me burn more calories. heavy PPL days is 5x5 and accessories. on lighter/hypertrophy days it's sets of 10-12 and accessories. on my lighter PPL days, i do jumping jacks or jump rope between sets and that helps but i'm looking to change it up until i can drop below 170# or beyond. my goal right now is complete vanity - get some visible abs - but i don't want to lose too much strength getting there. maybe i can keep that up and cut more cals. i dunno man. it's tough cause i love to eat. LOVE TO EAT! after i get lean enough, i'll focus on upping my strength again.

Last edited:
been doing it for about 6-9+ months and it's great for strength but i need something that will help me burn more calories. heavy PPL days is 5x5 and accessories. on lighter/hypertrophy days it's sets of 10-12 and accessories. on my lighter PPL days, i do jumping jacks or jump rope between sets and that helps but i'm looking to change it up until i can drop below 170# or beyond. my goal right now is complete vanity - get some visible abs - but i don't want to lose too much strength getting there. maybe i can keep that up and cut more cals. i dunno man. it's tough cause i love to eat. LOVE TO EAT! after i get lean enough, i'll focus on upping my strength again.
Hmmm just do some HIIT like 3 maybe 4 days a week if needed and keep your calories tight. Im starting to like HIIT more and more because its over so quick and right to the point. 

Back
Top Bottom