STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What are you guys using for pre-workouts? Working grave shift now and my body is all messed up...need something to get me going til my body adjust to my new schedule.

Heck can't even figure out if I should workout at 7am when I get off or around 3-4pm when I wake up...:smh:

C4 is pretty good for most people. But just allow your body to adjust for a few weeks.
I would only recommend a pre-workout if you have one of the "I-dont-feel-like-working-out" days. In other words, don't use preworkout for every single workout.

Yea its been a while since I've used a pre-workout and I don't even like them :lol:...just need something cause these its been rough getting in the gym lately :smh:
Might just stick to a cup of black coffee before I go and workout

So a solid month and a half after murdering my back i finally dead lifted again :lol: I didn't go heavy did 2 warm up sets at 135 for 10 reps each. Then did just 2 working sets at 225 for 10 reps. That was it. But felt good. I noramally would work up to 335lb ish and do 2 working sets there at 3 reps. But i will get back there. 0 pain and only a little sore today but i continued the work out with hang cleans, barbell rows, single arm db rows, and some random bicep work to finish.

Cardio only today shoulders friday then finally a weekend without soccer...aka i am going to go HAM on my legs on saturday. Squatting for hours on hours on hours saturday (not really but im stoked for it)

Thanks. Which school? Ole Miss u said?
I was wrong he was at Miss State, Im guessing your main rival 
laugh.gif

He also worked up here for High Point U and now is working with Wake Forest.

Now that people in my gym see me squatting 3 plates ATG. Everyone is talking to me now. I honestly don't go to the gym to make friends or even talk. I'll say what's up in passing and a spot here and there and that's it. Now, everyone wants to know about my belt and knee sleeves and my lifting shoes. I had to tell people that in October (when I went back to the gym after 7 month break) I could not even get one plate up and I put in work but no one wants to hear that.

Now that people in my gym see me squatting 3 plates ATG. Everyone is talking to me now. I honestly don't go to the gym to make friends or even talk. I'll say what's up in passing and a spot here and there and that's it. Now, everyone wants to know about my belt and knee sleeves and my lifting shoes. I had to tell people that in October (when I went back to the gym after 7 month break) I could not even get one plate up and I put in work but no one wants to hear that.
Man...people see me DLing 405 in socks and no belt...they don't talk to me...when is it mine turn for myrons?

frown.gif

no idea whats going on, as of late ive been running on NO energy at the gym :x i just feel tired all the time and no idea whats going on. been eating all day too :smh:

Man...people see me DLing 405 in socks and no belt...they don't talk to me...when is it mine turn for myrons?

frown.gif
I think it depends on the demographics.  I feel like a beast whenever I'm back in the Bay and get a chance to lift, but out here in San Diego I feel like a kid. Haven't seen that many roided dudes since Venice Beach.

I think it depends on the demographics.  I feel like a beast whenever I'm back in the Bay and get a chance to lift, but out here in San Diego I feel like a kid. Haven't seen that many roided dudes since Venice Beach.
Truu 

The bigger the area is going to have more people and bigger dudes I feel like. Whenever I go to a Golds in a bigger area everyone is massive lol The one in Baltimore was crazy.

I'll try one tomorrow.

Never attempted one, I'll record it for Lols or for the jaw drops...

One way or another lol

Steadly increasing my squat weight, hoping to be able to do a full set of 225 without pause in a few weeks.

Oh and before yall question, I just started incorporating squats in my workout routine a month ago. I would do it just whenever, no consistency. I would have sore thighs for days and not do it for like 4 - 6 weeks. Now thats its in my routine no more sore thighs, love the feeling too.

Last edited:
Steadly increasing my squat weight, hoping to be able to do a full set of 225 without pause in a few weeks.

Oh and before yall question, I just started incorporating squats in my workout routine a month ago. I would do it just whenever, no consistency. I would have sore thighs for days and not do it for like 4 - 6 weeks. Now thats its in my routine no more sore thighs, love the feeling too.

No matter how much experience you've got, if you're not waddling after leg day, you're not doing it right.

No matter how much experience you've got, if you're not waddling after leg day, you're not doing it right.

Nah. I go extra hard every leg day and i dont waddle the next day. Sore? Yes. Takes 50 mins to sit on the toilet to ****? Yes. But nothing crazy

Debatable. Soreness =/= effective workout.

Muscle ups you say?

Dude is annoying as hell and a liar but cot damn thats impressive.

Back
Top Bottom