STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Nah, I don't treat anybody like their word is always gold. SuperJU was really the one that elaborated on the topic anyway. They may have a point, but I'm still going to keep using straps.
Man Im gonna keep using straps, wraps, sleeves, belt, chalk, Romaleos and whatever the **** else I want to 
laugh.gif

Some dudes in here probably don't even lift so don't let them hold you back word to Rozay.

Nah, I don't treat anybody like their word is always gold. SuperJU was really the one that elaborated on the topic anyway. They may have a point, but I'm still going to keep using straps.

Man Im gonna keep using straps, wraps, sleeves, belt, chalk, Romaleos and whatever the **** else I want to :lol:

Some dudes in here probably don't even lift so don't let them hold you back word to Rozay.

I love lifting gear.

Inzer belts are the best.

Just I case y'all wanted to see it.

Man Im gonna keep using straps, wraps, sleeves, belt, chalk, Romaleos and whatever the **** else I want to :lol:

The one thing I may eventually stop using are knee wraps for heavy squats. I've read some things saying that knee wraps eventually weaken the knee joint, and sleeves are better. I'm not sure if those articles are saying anything factual however.

For now, I'll continue using them. It does worry me for the long run though.

You lucky bastard

What colors?

Both black. Would have maybe done royal blue or forrest green had I ordered one.

Ive wanted a nice belt for awhile and since the ones in retail stores suck it was order one or none at all. Didnt really want to spring $100+ bc I'm on a budget, but I'm a Craigslist master so I came up on these and made the deal. I'm a 32 waist so I had him bring both to see which fit best. He had drilled 2 extra sets of holes in the large since it was big on him but he did a damn good job, and I needed them anyway. Wanted 40 for each and had no idea I was going to take both with me... asked what he wanted for both and he said 70... told him 65 would make a deal and he was ok with it. I'm happy.

[thread="500128"]

Durden your my boy blue, you kind of like the Sheldon Cooper of the group, I find a lot of your posts informative even if we dont see eye to eye.

[/thread]

:lol: I swear to you my sister said the same thing about me awhile ago. Eh, oh well. :lol:

I usually laugh at 60% of the stuff posted in here, and usually a educated response is not needed knowing that druden will respond and the masses will follow.

Druden brings great information to the thread, but don't hold him like he is a god (no offense druden).

None taken. I dont think of myself that way and dont want people to think of me in that way.

I actually like when Durden posts controversial things in here. Like most i thought icing was an essential tool in healing/recovery...and it turns out its not as important as i was lead to believe my whole life. He posts...i do some research and come to my own conclusions.

Everyone lets their jimmies get rustled for no reason. And i also laugh at all the alpha talk, i don't think anyone is being too serious about it. Obviously bwood isn't with his when the famine breaks out lines...which i thought was funny.

had a great legs session last night....which today feel like angel hair pasta....al dente....gonna go hit some light chest later...enjoy the friday gents

Been lurking this thread for a while now.

First off, thank you all for the advice and knowledge that you guys pass off.

@LiCeNseD To BaLL, congrats on your transformation and new found dedication to fitness. I've seen some of your posts on Twitter, so I know you've been doing your thing.

Last year I finally started to take my fitness seriously (I was an on and off lifter that saw minimum to no results because I wasn't taking it as seriously as I should). Got focused, and was able to go from 210, around 20% BF to 170 around, 9% BF (Losing fat was my initial goal), while increasing my overall strength at the same time.

Goal now is to bulk back up, and eventually get to the big boy weights like some of you, in here.

My advice to anyone lurking this thread : Like bigboss bigboss said, set a REAL goal for yourself. Study up on what you need do to achieve it (There's enough info on the Internet these days, so that really shouldn't be an issue for anyone)

And last but not least, give 110%. Never half-*** anything! I see so many people in the gym that look like they don't even wanna be there. What do you come for then? If you aren't going to go all out, don't even go, because you won't last long and will just be wasting your time.

Thanks again fellas.

Last edited:
^^^^im the same on Squats and deads but I'll sometimes sumo Deadlift just to challenge that ROM. I can't go anywhere near as heavy though.

Here's my whole thing with straps, and this is someone who got injured because of them.

I think for things like dumbbells rows, underhand grip bent rows, and any type of hammer strength device for higher reps (8 or more) they're fine. You're body is not in much of a compromised position and at that point it's all about volume. I think for Deadlifts especially, chins, any Olympic lift, etc... It's not really a good idea for the average gym-goer. If you're not an elite-level power lifter or competitive strongman, then you're the average gym goer. I won't get all into that now but basically your grip is usually your weakest link but it gives a good indication of your true strength. If you can get 3 reps on a Deadlift but the grip won't let you get 4, then guess what, you're strong enough for 3. Straps could help you get more but if your grip is toast, chances are your CNS is pretty fatigued and you're less likely to keep your core and all your moving parts in the right places. I caught a nasty back strain a couple years ago Deadlifting heavy with straps on a set of 3. It was the 3rd rep that got me. If it wasn't for the straps that 3rd rep wouldn't have even made it off the floor and I'd be fine.

The one thing I may eventually stop using are knee wraps for heavy squats. I've read some things saying that knee wraps eventually weaken the knee joint, and sleeves are better. I'm not sure if those articles are saying anything factual however.

For now, I'll continue using them. It does worry me for the long run though.
My assumption (though I could be wrong, just an educated guess here) is they will, in the long term, have a similar effect to straps where the knee joint isn't neurally activated due to its belief in pre-support. I've never used sleeves or knee wraps, though. Except for wraslin'.

What stance do you guys use when you squat and deadlift?

I high bar (shoulder witdth stance) on squat and do conventional deadlifts.
I squat with a wider stance and toes pointed out. I sumo DL the same way and when I do conventional its shoulder width.

Ive been to about 4 Marshalls in the past 2 weeks getting new training gear. You can't beat $10 Nike Tees and $6 elite socks.

BROS PRAY FOR ME. 

MY LOWER BACK IS KILLING ME SMH.

I WENT TO HARD IN DA PAINT LAST NIGHT.

ILL BE DA FIRST TO DIE IN DA FAMINE.

ROAST ME ON DA STICK FOR FOOD.

Back
Top Bottom