STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Man what is going on in here :lol:
Y'all aint no bodybuilders til you step on stage. Titles like that are EARNED.
Y'all must live in some big cities if your PTs are makin that kind of dough. At my gym they don't even get paid per client, just hourly around $12 :smh:  

So you're saying stepping on an actual basketball court makes me a Bball player, (isn't that the point you were refuting?)

Man what is going on in here :lol:

Y'all aint no bodybuilders til you step on stage. Titles like that are EARNED.

Y'all must live in some big cities if your PTs are makin that kind of dough. At my gym they don't even get paid per client, just hourly around $12 :smh:  

$90-$120 an hour at my spot pending who it is.

And here I am thinking $40/mo for a gym pass was too much :x :x :x

So you're saying stepping on an actual basketball court makes me a Bball player, (isn't that the point you were refuting?)
Man you've had like 5 posts in here the past 2 days that show you're not that bright. 

Having an off season where you add mass, doing a 12-16 week or however long cut, getting a spray tan (lol), putting on those lil trunks (LOL), and competing on STAGE make you a bodybuilder....

Guys that work 9-5 then go workout are just gym rats, which Ive already said is cool, but thats all you are, building your body doesn't make you a bodybuilder just like playing basketball doesn't make you a basketball player as weird as it may sound to hear but if you think about it, it makes sense. Its like trying to compare your guy who plays pick up twice a week at the rec to the guy who actually gets paid to play, they're two opposite things.

Last edited:
Hows it not body building? If I go from fat to ripped and train and BUILD my BODY, hows that not bodybuilding?

I dont have to do competions to bodybuild. If I did competions, then I would be a competitive bodybuilder. There are tons of amauter bodybuiilders

Last edited:
Meaning?

Its been working for me. Weighed in at 208 in June and now im at 173. My squat has gone up, so has my DL. I was pushing more when I was overweight obviously but not by much. Its been working for me, though I am bumping my calories up to around 2000-2100. Its when something works for you, you wanna stick to it and im being stubborn. Im slowly telling myself I need to take atleast 2000 cals and stop overestimating my calories so much.

Hows it not body building? If I go from fat to ripped and train and BUILD my BODY, hows that not bodybuilding?

I dont have to do competions to bodybuild. If I did competions, then I would be a competitive bodybuilder. There are tons of amauter bodybuiilders
Thats what i said, you can build your body but that doesn't make you a bodybuilder.... competing does. You have to compete to be one. You have to compete to be anything in life. 

Its not a personal attack on anyone in here but its like comparing apples to oranges if you just take a step back and look at it.

Ehhh. When I was fat, I cut at 1800. I didn't know any better. I used a few calculators online, and thought my maintenance was 2300. I cut that low for like 6 months...

Now that I'm in shape, I'm cutting at 2800-3000 calories with no problem.

What I will say about cutting at lower calories is that you can only lower your calories so much before it takes a toll on you mentally.

Thats what i said, you can build your body but that doesn't make you a bodybuilder.... competing does. You have to compete to be one. You have to compete to be anything in life. 

Its not a personal attack on anyone in here but its like comparing apples to oranges if you just take a step back and look at it.
No bro, competing makees you a competitive bodybuilder. What are you not understanding?

You're on the attack yet everything you say is Opinion.

btw why are you "LOL" at why a sport does what it does for the competition
Do you laugh at the spandex shorts track and field wear?
or the Singlets Wrestling wears.

No need for me to really argue/debate with you anymore

Yes Technical definition is you're bodybuilding, if you're trying to change your body while in the gym. Make it Synonymous with Exercising.
Kai Greene Phil heath , all IFBB Professional bodybuilders
People who step on stage and don't quiteyet have the IFBB (which is alot considering each show only gives out about 4 Pro cards for up to 100 competitors) are Competitive bodybuilders

Basically what UrbetterthenMe has said..

stepping on the court you're a basketball player

A college Player or playing in Tournaments/ leagues is a Competitive Basketball player.
Lebron James is a Professional Basketball player

Last edited:
Ehhh. When I was fat, I cut at 1800. I didn't know any better. I used a few calculators online, and thought my maintenance was 2300. I cut that low for like 6 months...

Now that I'm in shape, I'm cutting at 2800-3000 calories with no problem.

What I will say about cutting at lower calories is that you can only lower your calories so much before it takes a toll on you mentally.

Hasnt taken a toll on me yet (I think).

Havent been tired or anything really.

This is what the calculator gave me.

May try to cut at 2100-2200.

No bro, competing makees you a competitive bodybuilder. What are you not understanding?
Read below.

So everyone that steps in a gym to lift weights is a bodybuilder?
THIS.

The word bodybuilder in itself eludes to the fact that you compete. You like to workout thats cool but your not a bodybuilder. For the sake of this thread Ill leave it at that. 

You're on the attack yet everything you say is Opinion.

btw why are you "LOL" at why a sport does what it does for the competition
Do you laugh at the spandex shorts track and field wear?
or the Singlets Wrestling wears.

No need for me to really argue/debate with you anymore

Yes Technical definition is you're bodybuilding, if you're trying to change your body while in the gym. Make it Synonymous with Exercising.
Kai Greene Phil heath , all IFBB Professional bodybuilders
People who step on stage and don't quiteyet have the IFBB (which is alot considering each show only gives out about 4 Pro cards for up to 100 competitors) are Competitive bodybuilders

Basically what UrbetterthenMe has said..

stepping on the court you're a basketball player

A college Player or playing in Tournaments/ leagues is a Competitive Basketball player.
Lebron James is a Professional Basketball player
Hey man whatever helps you sleep better at night 
smile.gif

If you don't compete, at the very least on the amateur level, entering your local competitions, I don't know why you would care about being a called a bodybuilder either way.

A bodybuilder lifts weights and eats right. There are many people who aren't bodybuilders who do this. So if you're not competing ....... ? Why would you even want the label?

What if you compete and lose. Are you still a body builder? Technically anyone can go up there and lose :lol:. So technically anyone who says they're a body builder is one :lol:

Last edited:
BIGBOSS is right. Guys like myself take the sport and that title seriously. When you do what we do and finally realize what it takes to compete, youd take that title seriously, too!. You may be changing your body and improving your health but, no. I, for one, cannot even call myself a bodybuilder anymore... I havent competed in seven years. I still train and eat like one for the most part but I am a FORMER bodybuilder. CT is aFORMER bodybuilder.

Everyone who lifts weights is a bodybuilder.....but not all are professional body builders. Just because we don't get paid to lift weights doesn't mean we ain't bodybuilders. We all fall in that category. Are college ball players considers basketball players even if they ain't professionals

Everyone who lifts weights is a bodybuilder.....but not all are professional body builders. Just because we don't get paid to lift weights doesn't mean we ain't bodybuilders. We all fall in that category. Are college ball players considers basketball players even if they ain't professionals
Thank you sir.

Back
Top Bottom