STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i need to get another pair of headphones. left mine at work and had to workout listening to the gym music - shhh was terrible. and no headphones made it easier for people to talk to me. i don't like to talk at the gym.

Crossfit is a great break from a routine, wouldn't do it long term. I pick apart their WOD's and incorporate them into my lifting/conditioning routines. Best of both worlds. Not surprised over the dude shredding his rotator cuffs. Some of the workouts are not "safe/healthy". It's definitely for the competitive "bro".

It will kick up your cardio though, just don't sacrifice form. I do bodyweight excercises when I'm outdoors. Never had the mental stamina to run long distance. Most I can do is maybe 2-3 miles before i lose interest. Stairs, sprints, air squats, push ups, pull ups, burpees are good outdoor routines.

Anyway, I'm going to try and log everything in 2013. Hopefully it last, but it is hard to do. I remember finding Taylor Mays log when he played at SC, very detailed. Wrote down everything he ate/drank, lifts, routines, etc.

my arms chest lats etc, are getting bigger. i see results. but my legs are so fing stubborn. leg day i do
squat
45 plate on and 7 reps for warm up. ill add on weight and do 5 sets of 5.
leg press
3 sets of 10. used to do heavy weight with this but changed to lightweight and upped the reps
leg curls
3 sets of 10
seated calf raises
3 sets of 12
standing calf raises
3 sets of 12
thats it. i dont do leg extensions cause it started to hurt my knees. any help?

yes. you need to stretch. if you are having any popping or clicking behind the knees of any kind then stretch thoses quads AND hamstrings. people always forget the hamstrings

i knock people who wear beats because they want to be seen in beats, but if bass helps motivate you then go for it.

i'm really picky about my gym headphones because i sweat a lot and break em if they're not built well. ipod headphones won't last me a week :x
i could never wear anything over ear, way too cumbersome. i use the bose sie2is and they're awesome, stay in your ears really well.

and no headphones made it easier for people to talk to me. i don't like to talk at the gym.
:lol: this is the truth, and one of the main reasons i started using em

Last edited:
Do you do deadlifts? You can also do front squats if you know how to do them and you could also add lunges. Is your squat form perfect?

+1 on squat form. i only got solid squat results from deep, past parallel squats. anything less and it was just a waste of time. it def took me a long *** time to get my squat depth down pat, and i still need to stretch my quads for like 10 mins before i can even start warming up with light squats.

my one friend is basically a powerlifter now, and only does squats and deadlifts for legs. 60-90 mins for each exercise, on separate days, once a week. he has to wear size 38 pants to fit his legs, despite having a size 32 waist.

Crossfit is a great break from a routine, wouldn't do it long term. I pick apart their WOD's and incorporate them into my lifting/conditioning routines. Best of both worlds. Not surprised over the dude shredding his rotator cuffs. Some of the workouts are not "safe/healthy". It's definitely for the competitive "bro".
It will kick up your cardio though, just don't sacrifice form. I do bodyweight excercises when I'm outdoors. Never had the mental stamina to run long distance. Most I can do is maybe 2-3 miles before i lose interest. Stairs, sprints, air squats, push ups, pull ups, burpees are good outdoor routines.
Anyway, I'm going to try and log everything in 2013. Hopefully it last, but it is hard to do. I remember finding Taylor Mays log when he played at SC, very detailed. Wrote down everything he ate/drank, lifts, routines, etc.

yeah thats what im gonna try and do with crossfit, pick up some new excersice routines, then when the weather warms up, do them myself, i wonder where i can buy a tractor tire?...lmao

Took a break today after 6 straight days of lifting heavy. I'm liking the results I'm seeing from BioForge.

Feel sore as FUUUUUU...

Been doing more sets, more reps beginning Xmas eve. I've upped my time on the weights while cutting my time on cardio. I'm too tired, but i'm not letting it affect form. 2013, get bigger :smokin

I too have been looking into crossfit for the upcoming year to complement my gymtime. An expensive complement sure... but while I don't feel I need it, I would like to throw my workouts a new angle.

I use my beats tours for the gym. IDGADamb since they were a birthday present :lol: :smokin

90 minutes of squats would have me puking my guts out. even resting 5 mins between sets lol.

i would need a wheelchair for the next 3 days, srs.

the only time I would ever do squats for 90 minutes if I was carrying her :evil:

Ok so once again I'm going to start eating healthy and working out. I only lost 10lbs in the last month but I was kind of half assing it.

I'm thinking about biking 20 miles tomorrow to start everything up again. I've been really lazy lately so I'm hoping to get back into it!

I don't think I am eating enough protein. I haven't been taking any powders since last year. I might get some Muscle Milk since I can tolerate the taste and it doesn't upset my stomach.

i need to get another pair of headphones. left mine at work and had to workout listening to the gym music - shhh was terrible. and no headphones made it easier for people to talk to me. i don't like to talk at the gym.
Nowadays I can't go to the gym without my headphones. Music just takes my workouts to another level. I have so many extras laying around as insurance because I break them so easily. One day it'll get caught in my jumprope, next day I'll have it wrap around something, any scenarii you name I've broken a set of headphones, lol. As for those beats headphones, no way I could ever gym up with them. They'd never stay in place for what I do. Just a decent pair of sport headphones that stay over the ear and I'm good. I also use them to avoid the chattty people lol.

Friday I had to do the quickest leg workout ever lol. The Fed Ex guy was nice enough to hold my shoe packages at his house since I wasn't home when he dropped by. Definitely was not trying to wait til Monday and the fact that he knows me from the gym worked in my favor. Small talk killed a good chunk of my gym time. Oh well, did my lift and got my shoes. Snow yesterday made me lazy for once so the yoga I planned to do will happen today. Can't wait to see the New Year's crowd!

Bros I been getting the worst protein farts lately no romo 
sick.gif

I'm so ready for this cut to be over, it's been almost a year so far, I should have never gotten out of shape 
mean.gif

Do you do deadlifts? You can also do front squats if you know how to do them and you could also add lunges. Is your squat form perfect?

I deadlift onmy back days. And my squat form is perfect. I had to drop down weight a little while ago to get the correct form so know I know what I'm doing

Bros I been a loyal member of the ON GOLD STANDARD WHEY club for years...but when it comes to my casein, im a lost puppy.
Usually i been buying greek yogurt or cottage cheese for casein before i go to bed.

But that ish has gotten to expensive, and its a hassel to have to keep making trips to the grocery store as soon as i run out of yogurt.

I wanna invest in a casein tub.

Is the 100% casein from ON better, or the Syntha-6 protein. Ive done some research and Syntha-6 has fast and slow processing proteins, so you can drink it in the morning and at night. Its gotten good reviews too, however the fat content is a tad bit high compared to ON's products. Is the fat content worth it if i can use it as a meal replacement as well?

I am 6'3 180 lbs trying to do a clean bulk right now (because I've still got body fat im trying to take care of even though most people think I look "skinny" :smh: )... which one would you recommend?

Last edited:
Bros I been a loyal member of the ON GOLD STANDARD WHEY club for years...but when it comes to my casein, im a lost puppy.
Usually i been buying greek yogurt or cottage cheese for casein before i go to bed.
But that ish has gotten to expensive, and its a hassel to have to keep making trips to the grocery store as soon as i run out of yogurt.
I wanna invest in a casein tub.
Is the 100% casein from ON better, or the Syntha-6 protein. Ive done some research and Syntha-6 has fast and slow processing proteins, so you can drink it in the morning and at night. Its gotten good reviews too, however the fat content is a tad bit high compared to ON's products. Is the fat content worth it if i can use it as a meal replacement as well?
I am 6'3 180 lbs trying to do a clean bulk right now (because I've still got body fat im trying to take care of even though most people think I look "skinny" :smh: )... which one would you recommend?

there is absolutely no need for a casein protein, speed of digesting isnt really that important either, if u must drink something before bed just drink anotheer on shake but if u must get one dont buy syntha 6 the macros on that are terrible its more of a meal replacement that a protein shake, majority of the proteins out there are blends right know

Been resting my shoulder and doing light rotator cuff exercises. Shoulder feels a lot better, but I need to make sure I keep an eye on it. Gym day tomorrow.

Cliff note steelo

- Did my first spin class saturday morning. I actually enjoyed it, good workout. Next time tho i'll make sure i don't do squats the night before.

- Proton 7 by Universal Nutrition chocolate protein powder is by far the best protein ive ever tasted. Tastes amazing in water, heavenly in milk. 

- Thinking about doing legs twice a week. 1 day would be heavy squats & leg press & another day would be high reps 15 - 25 & drop sets.

- I may start going to failure on alot of my sets to achieve maximum pump. Something i havent done in a couple years.

- in 2013 im getting this bf % down to that single digit swag. Got down to about 10% at 195 in september. 

- My bench is my weakest lift, gotta step my game up.

- I do intermittent fasting & gonna start 20 hour fasts 4 days a week, 1 day will be a 24 hour fast & 2 days will 16 hour fasts. Gotta get focused.

- Remember its not about what you do from Thanksgiving to new years, its about what you do from New years to thanksgiving. 

Cliff note steelo

- Did my first spin class saturday morning. I actually enjoyed it, good workout. Next time tho i'll make sure i don't do squats the night before.

- Proton 7 by Universal Nutrition chocolate protein powder is by far the best protein ive ever tasted. Tastes amazing in water, heavenly in milk. 

- Thinking about doing legs twice a week. 1 day would be heavy squats & leg press & another day would be high reps 15 - 25 & drop sets.

- I may start going to failure on alot of my sets to achieve maximum pump. Something i havent done in a couple years.

- in 2013 im getting this bf % down to that single digit swag. Got down to about 10% at 195 in september. 

- My bench is my weakest lift, gotta step my game up.

- I do intermittent fasting & gonna start 20 hour fasts 4 days a week, 1 day will be a 24 hour fast & 2 days will 16 hour fasts. Gotta get focused.

- Remember its not about what you do from Thanksgiving to new years, its about what you do from New years to thanksgiving. 
I like this.

Bout to do full body hypertrophy routines with a free sample of assault :smokin. Never used pre workout before

Back
Top Bottom