STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My gym crushes are all chicks who put in real work. There are like 2 chicks who arent super cute but bodies are on point and they do more than just squat for booty pics

Measured five raw chicken wings and it came out to almost a thousand calories on myftnesspal. Is that accurate? Doesn't even feel like I consumed 80 ish grams of protein.

Measured five raw chicken wings and it came out to almost a thousand calories on myftnesspal. Is that accurate? Doesn't even feel like I consumed 80 ish grams of protein.

5 raw chicken wings should be like 6-8 grams of protein each max. Dont think its 1,000 calories either, remember bones add weight. Should be closer to anywhere from 450-600 calories depending on how you cook it and whatnot.

squatted this morning backwards in the rack to avoid the mirror.  my gawd it's like learning all over again not having a mirror in front of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
why exactly do we weigh meat wet instead of cooked? I've always heard weighing it wet, but when you cook the meat it loses a substantial amount of weight. So if you say in you macro count that you're having a 6 oz piece of chicken, yet you weighed it raw, cooked, you're only having like a 5.1oz piece of chicken. Throws the numbers off.

I cook everything and then weigh it out

squatted this morning backwards in the rack to avoid the mirror.  my gawd it's like learning all over again not having a mirror in front of you.
Good.

Mirror is distracting anyway. You shouldn't be keeping your face looking straight throughout the lift either.

why exactly do we weigh meat wet instead of cooked? I've always heard weighing it wet, but when you cook the meat it loses a substantial amount of weight. So if you say in you macro count that you're having a 6 oz piece of chicken, yet you weighed it raw, cooked, you're only having like a 5.1oz piece of chicken. Throws the numbers off.

The macros listed are from raw weight, not cooked.

The macros listed are from raw weight, not cooked.

so then it's all thrown off when you cook it..?

I know I have a long way to go, just thought I would share my progression. These 2 photos were taken about 2 months apart. Its no Fousey or anything but it's an example of a REAL transformation progression while practicing flexible dieting. Before pic is 184 lbs, 20.5% bf, current pic is 178 lbs, 16.6% bf.
Before bench- 155x3
Before squat- 185x3
Before dead- 225x3

After bench- 225x3
After squat- 255x3
After dead- 315x3

I also still drink a 6 pack of Lagunitas per week and eat at about a 500 calorie per day surplus (2500-2600)

I know I have a long way to go, just thought I would share my progression. These 2 photos were taken about 2 months apart. Its no Fousey or anything but it's an example of a REAL transformation progression while practicing flexible dieting. Before pic is 184 lbs, 20.5% bf, current pic is 178 lbs, 16.6% bf.
Before bench- 155x3
Before squat- 185x3
Before dead- 225x3

After bench- 225x3
After squat- 255x3
After dead- 315x3

I also still drink a 6 pack of Lagunitas per week and eat at about a 500 calorie per day surplus (2500-2600)
Great job bruh but If youre losing weight your not in surplus

Last edited:
Bf % was taken at my gym. Had it taken 2 days ago 7 site skin fold with caliper. According to iifym I'm in a surplus. I take at least 10,000 steps everyday. Also, keep in mind that I was pretty much skinny fat... and still kinda am. Goal is to finish at 10-12% and just maintain.

Last edited:
Before bench- 155x3
Before squat- 185x3
Before dead- 225x3

After bench- 225x3
After squat- 255x3
After dead- 315x3

so you lost weight in a surplus?

maybe you meant a deficit?

Nah, im eating around 500 cals OVER maintenance per day. Swear bros, I have no reason to lie about it. Keep in mind, I'm burning around 500 cals per day just from walking 10,000 steps, then burning more at the gym. Maintenance for me is 2100 cals per day.

Nah, im eating around 500 cals OVER maintenance per day. Swear bros, I have no reason to lie about it. Keep in mind, I'm burning around 500 cals per day just from walking 10,000 steps, then burning more at the gym. Maintenance for me is 2100 cals per day.
right right, nobody is accusing you of lying, we're just confused. so you may be eating more than your maintenance, but then burning more than you're eating through your workouts. You aren't going to lose weight in a caloric surplus naturally.

Last edited:
Best site to find out maintenance calories?

I keep getting 2800 for maintenance. Seems too high for me.

Back
Top Bottom