STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Lol, I'm 30. Well 29 technically, for a few weeks.

lol I'm 29 and birthday is in 3 weeks as well. and just about everyone i know my age that I dont know from the gym are fat lol

I also live in VA technically the south

Yup. I haven't seen one "in shape" at anytime fitness. They are all bench pressing the bar or on the treadmill watching tv. :lol: I kid you not. I was in there 40 minutes today a dude hit the treadmill 30 minutes benched the bar on the smith machine and left.

You guys didn't lie...

I turned 32 in August.

raided out trainers stay telling me to check my tests levels lol.

always respond with, chill I'm not ready for the dark side

lol I'm 29 and birthday is in 3 weeks as well. and just about everyone i know my age that I dont know from the gym are fat lol

I turned 32 in August.

RIP

Y'all old bastards :lol:

I turned 32 in August.

RIP

Y'all old bastards
laugh.gif
Im 32
backwards 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
i know it's not completely age-dependent but there's no reason to check test levels at age 32 unless the symptoms are glaring.

though one dude in his late 30s at my workplace showed me his bloodwork and his free test was in the 900s. dumbass was bragging about it. months later we check his room because he piss tested hot for opiates and he has bottles of test in his room. dude was about 5'1" 125# huge lats and shredded. he said he bought the steroids at the gym.

and yeah, i know tons (haha) of people in their late 20s and in terrible shape.

Last edited:
Anyone care to post their workout routines? What are your splits looking like?

Last edited:
i know it's not completely age-dependent but there's no reason to check test levels at age 32 unless the symptoms are glaring.

though one dude in his late 30s at my workplace showed me his bloodwork and his free test was in the 900s. dumbass was bragging about it. months later we check his room because he piss tested hot for opiates and he has bottles of test in his room. dude was about 5'1" 125# huge lats and shredded. he said he bought the steroids at the gym.

and yeah, i know tons (haha) of people in their late 20s and in terrible shape.
lol, nah i hear you.

that's just code for I got steroids for you at my gym

Lol. My workout plan for this week
Sunday
Warm up: OlyYoga
1. Clean and Jerk: HvyOp 1-3 sets
2. Snatch: 3 sets (Hip,Knee, Floor) 60-70%
3. BS: 1x3 Max
4. CP: 3x3 105%
5. Mobility Work: Squat Stretch, Descending Deadlift Stretch, Overhead Squat Stretch (2 sets of 10 hold stretch for 2 seconds each rep)

Wednesday
1. Jerk: 5x2 80-90%
2. Power Snatch: 1x2 Max
3. BS: 5x5 85% of 5RM
4. Press: 1x3 Max, 3x3 85% of 3RM
5. Mobility Work: Squat Stretch, Descending Deadlift Stretch, Overhead Squat Stretch (2 sets of 10 hold stretch for 2 seconds each rep)

Friday
1. Snatch: HvyOp triple
2. Power Clean and Jerk: HvyOp 1-3 sets
3. FS: 5x2 85% of 1RM w/pause
4. Snatch Pull: 3x3 105%
5. Mobilty work: Squat Stretch, Descending Deadlift Stretch, Overhead Squat Stretch (2 sets of 10 hold stretch for 2 seconds each rep)

On the days in between, I try and do any kind of cardio for 30-40 minutes

I've been doing variations of this kind of routine for a couple months now, with different percentages each week. The trend I'm seeing is coach runs a month cycle, where by the end of the month it's all pretty heavy and at the start of the month it's lots of light weight, high volume, working on form and technique. Too early to say if it's working. Been getting back into shape and not in PR shape yet. But getting close.

Last edited:
Yeah, a lot of the people I'm cool with are at least somewhat serious with exercise, but I have a small circle and I've met a fair amount of those people at the gym. On the other hand, I know/knew people who would tell me stuff such as: "You look good enough. You don't NEED to workout." I'll be sure to run into more of the latter as I expand my circle.
Day 1:

DB Bench Press: 2-3x5 

Bodyweight Dips: 2 sets

BW Chin-Ups: 2 sets

Hanging Knee Raises: 2 sets

Kneeling One-Arm DB Bent-Over Rows, Matt Kroc-style: 1x16 (8 each arm)

Incline DB Bench Press: 2x11-12

BB Low Bar Squat: 1x5

DB Alternating Hammer Curls: 1x30

BB Wrist Curls: 1x30 

Day 2:

Same thing as one, but try to increase reps and weight   

Day 3:

BB Deadlift: 1x1 (obviously, warm up before)

DB Pullovers: 2x13-15

Machine Front Raises: 2x20

Hanging Knee Raises: 2 sets

DB Incline Bench Press: 2x11-12

BB Low Bar Pause Squats: 2x5, 5 second pause each rep

Reverse hyperextensions: 3x19 (increase by one rep each week)

DB Alternating Hammer Curls: 1x30

BB Wrist Curls: 1x30

Oh, and I do some treadmill intervals right after lifting. If not, I'll do them on the off-days. I also make sure to stretch and foam roll before squats and after every workout.

It's basically my own spin on the Hercules Workout; 3 days a week, full-body. A few minutes ago, I had all of the reps and sets geared towards increasing strength. As I get closer to my strength goals, I'm gradually focusing more on higher reps. With that said, I've been doing a routine similar to this for over a year; I'm more than welcome to accept any advice/recommendations. I'm interested in going to something that's strictly high-rep (12-15 reps and up)

Also, has anyone tried the original 20 rep program?

• Behind-the-Neck Press: 3x12
  • Squat: 1x20
  • Pull-Overs: 1x20
  • Bench Press: 3x12
  • Bent-over Rows: 3x15
  • Stiff-legged Deadlift: 1x15
  • Shrug: 1x1

Via: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/20_Rep_Squats

Last edited:
I would actually like to see stats on obesity by age demographics.

I think that would be enlightening. There are a lot of 40+ slobs i work with claiming the old "got married had kids let myself go". But most people i work with that are 40 or younger are in decent shape. I'd just be curious if the older folks skew the stats that say "america is more obese then ever". Or just see what 18-30 or 20-40 range looks like compared to the fat kids and older folks.

I am 6 foot and 180 right now. Last winter i went to the docotor at 190lbs and they told me i fall in the "over weight" category. I was like uh ok...i was bulking but would not consider myselft over weight i still had noticeable abs. So i wonder if that skews stats too. Those generalities for over-weight are kinda off to begin with imo

But i think the point is to look at 30 year olds (or whatever age) now and then keep going 15-20 years back.

Late 80s 90s fitness was huge (probably just as much if not more than now)
With the richard simmons billy blanks donna. All those video tapes were huge and everyo e was doing them. Probably more than people now with p90x and shaun t.

Jazzercises classds were probably just as popular as zumba is now

Being outside and sports in general were more heavily implemented tthan it is now. We had video games but we played mario for like 30-45 mins then we were outside and ruding bikes playing.

C'mon b, let us be great :lol: I cut my gym membership since I could never make it and I'm distracted at home so I can't get a workout in there either......I need to change somethin, I feel frail breh |I

I would actually like to see stats on obesity by age demographics.

I think that would be enlightening. There are a lot of 40+ slobs i work with claiming the old "got married had kids let myself go". But most people i work with that are 40 or younger are in decent shape. I'd just be curious if the older folks skew the stats that say "america is more obese then ever". Or just see what 18-30 or 20-40 range looks like compared to the fat kids and older folks.

I am 6 foot and 180 right now. Last winter i went to the docotor at 190lbs and they told me i fall in the "over weight" category. I was like uh ok...i was bulking but would not consider myselft over weight i still had noticeable abs. So i wonder if that skews stats too. Those generalities for over-weight are kinda off to begin with imo

Were they going by BMI ?. i dont really go to the doctor so not sure what they do :lol:
If they were going off bmi, all athletes and tall people are overweight, i dont even get why it exists

Last edited:
Grouping by height and weight is outdated and not taking into account activity level, muscle mass etc

According to one of those obesity articles I'm supposed to be less than 145 pounds

That's impossible at this point unless my diet is perfect Lol and I up my cardio drastically

My training goals don't really reflect losing weight like that at the moment

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom