STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

what shoes are you guys wearing to the gym?

i need a reliable pair i can be comfy in at work and the gym. something like the nike free 5.0 trainer, but not necessarily nike.

any suggestions?

I ditched the nike frees on lift days, and kept them away from the gym altogether once I went to the podiatrist due to me walking like a drunk since April, he said I have hammertoes in my right foot which may have been caused by the kicks and non consistent stretching prior to any work out.

I'm using vulcanized sole kicks now during lifts, and other shoes for when I do cardio. Stretching too :lol:

If you're tired ALL the time and you eat right,drink plenty water, exercise regularly and sleep alot and it doesn't help you may be a type 2 diabetic.
Just eat some oatmeal a couple whole eggs,some whole wheat toast n pb before your routine, the complex carbs are energy. Follow up with proteins and all the other essentials and you should be fine if your consuming enough of what you need daily.
You DONT need pills.

Will do. I started out great and had a pretty decent breakfast, hopefully the rest of the day goes well. I feel pretty good right now. I'm on my 4rth bottle of water or so and it's definitely helping.

Cardio isn't the only way to lose weight however it doesn't mean it's pointless. Calorie deficit + weight lifting will drop fat weight and add muscle weight. As for a program, Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.

It's almost impossible to add muscle weight while in a calorie deficit (maybe if you're running a cycle). It's been said before, but the muscles appear "larger" since body fat is burned due to dieting and eating less calories.

BSN syntha 6
stuff is supposed to taste very good as well

I've tried their strawberries and creme flavor. and it tasted very good.

from past experience most brands flavors of strawberry often tasted very artificial, if u know what i mean.

the protein profile is a bit low and there is a higher amt of sugar also.

BSN syntha 6
stuff is supposed to taste very good as well

I've tried their strawberries and creme flavor. and it tasted very good.

from past experience most brands flavors of strawberry often tasted very artificial, if u know what i mean.

the protein profile is a bit low and there is a higher amt of sugar also.

its more of a meal replacement thats why, higher amount of carbs and what not.

its not a normal protein drink which has very little- no sugar and very little carbs

Ah I see.

bro I'm undsing that cvs protein this weekend.

dude if something happens to me smh at listening to u lol.

Also to the dudes above.

Try doind squats barefoot. i usually wear free run 2 to the gym but w squats and sometimes deadlift i got barefoot.

noway dude i cant effs with them.

They remind me of toe socks. ::shudders::

U think nike rifts would do the trick?

Some people like to lift in flat shoes ive seen but personally huaraches do the trick for me

Help bros. I've lost about 30-35 lbs right now but I think I've hit a plateau. im around 240ish and want to get around 225 AT THE LOWEST and lean out. Should I start Ketosis or just lower my caloric intake by another 2-300 cals/day?

Thanks Brahs

I'm thinking about using supplements. I need a recommendation on a protein powder that tastes good enough to drink with just water.

Any suggestions?

Help bros. I've lost about 30-35 lbs right now but I think I've hit a plateau. im around 240ish and want to get around 225 AT THE LOWEST and lean out. Should I start Ketosis or just lower my caloric intake by another 2-300 cals/day?

Thanks Brahs

If you have hit a plateau it means its time to switch things up with the exercises bro. Take a couple days rest, keep eating healthy, but try some different recipes. Buy some new things from the grocery store (but keep it healthy). Go to Mens Health website or pick up one of their mags, they have all kinds of recipes, foods, and grocery recommendations.

As far as your exercising goes, you gotta do something different. Either add more lifting, or add more cardio. If you have been doing CHEST/BACk, BICEPS/TRICEPS days, its time to switch to a CHEST/TRICEPS, BICEPS BACK days...if that makes sense.

You cant let your body get used to a routine for too long, so keep it changing, the element of surprise for your body will work wonders on getting out of that plateau.

Taking away calories alone from your diet isn't enough to break a plateau, at least not in a healthy way. You just gotta change everything up for a good 6-8 weeks. Then go back.

Thanks Brahs

If you have hit a plateau it means its time to switch things up with the exercises bro.

You cant let your body get used to a routine for too long, so keep it changing, the element of surprise for your body will work wonders on getting out of that plateau.
I agree, learned the hard way, but I'm still losing
I hope I don't get lazy in the winter!

I'm thinking about using supplements. I need a recommendation on a protein powder that tastes good enough to drink with just water.

Any suggestions?

if you want something not too expensive but tastes amazing, i recommend Myofusion.

i only mix mine in water :smile:

I just started wearing nike free 5.0s with no socks. Feels good. NO problems squatting, lunges, or calf raises.

You don't really need creatine but it helps a little bit with your strength if that's important to you, if not, I wouldn't even take it. A lot of preworkouts do have creatine but in small amounts that have no noticeable effects. I use optimum nutrition creatine monohydrate, its about 35 bucks for 4.4lbs(it should last a normal person 1 year or even more). If your budget is tight, I would just skip it.
yea i don't really care about strength i just want to gain mass and tone everything up.

i am putting together a daily meal plan of everything i will consume a day/week. i'll post it soon as i'm done for somebody to critique. i am going to eat at least 6 times at least a day or ever 2 hours its hard for me because i work full-time and i am a snack person, chips here cheezits there, ice cream before bed. not to mention the fast food that i eat so often. i do plan on having a cheat day where i can eat anything i want

^^^^^^^^^^

I'm fasting for religious reason. Once it's over I will be back on my normal diet and the routine remains the same. I think I am going to take the advice earlier in terms of reducing my cardio...

Last edited:
Y'all mess with this dude Marc Fitt? http://www.youtube.com/user/fitnesspageforall/videos

sick.gif

No amechi, but i came across a pic of Cristiano Ronaldo training, and this dudes quads are amazing.

I literally X'd out the screen and hit up the gym. Perfect cuz it was a leg day...my legs are shot! Feelsgoodman.jpg

Heres the pic: http://instagr.am/p/N2lG6tsXcN/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom