STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Bruh don't feel bad day one isn't a day one
laugh.gif
You need to work up to day one trust me.

My max 1 rep squat is 365. Day one is 290lbs by 6 by 4. Like na. I need 2 weeks leading up to that where I squat 2 times a week and condition up to that. I failed miserably my first try, i took 2 weeks straight and just trained up to get back to "day one" and start over. I finally did it and still felt like i was gonna pass out and vomit when i was done and then im supposed to go deadlift 370 x 6 x 2
laugh.gif

You can readjust your numbers if you want but it is possible to do if you train to get there. But going in cold like oh i squat once a week and work up to about 335lbs for heavy doubles. Na ain't cutting it ive been there.
Word.  I been training on a pyramid scheme with 85-90% of my max for multiple singles.  Didnt realize how poor my conditioning has gotten because of it.  

290 4 x 6. I finished the first set hella amp'd but winded like: I GOT THIS. Second set 5th rep, I was damn near seeing stars lol.  Dropped down to 275 and did 4 x 6 lol...look at the spreadsheet and saw deadlifts, 365 2 x 6...FML...

First set was easy, took my time and really braced / engaged everything but that second set was a struggle, 5th rep had no bracing and 6th was a fail. Dropped down to 315 and did another set of 6 just to make myself feel better lol.

Bruh don't feel bad day one isn't a day one :lol: You need to work up to day one trust me.

My max 1 rep squat is 365. Day one is 290lbs by 6 by 4. Like na. I need 2 weeks leading up to that where I squat 2 times a week and condition up to that. I failed miserably my first try, i took 2 weeks straight and just trained up to get back to "day one" and start over. I finally did it and still felt like i was gonna pass out and vomit when i was done and then im supposed to go deadlift 370 x 6 x 2 :lol:

You can readjust your numbers if you want but it is possible to do if you train to get there. But going in cold like oh i squat once a week and work up to about 335lbs for heavy doubles. Na ain't cutting it ive been there.

Word.  I been training on a pyramid scheme with 85-90% of my max for multiple singles.  Didnt realize how poor my conditioning has gotten because of it.  

290 4 x 6. I finished the first set hella amp'd but winded like: I GOT THIS. Second set 5th rep, I was damn near seeing stars lol.  Dropped down to 275 and did 4 x 6 lol...look at the spreadsheet and saw deadlifts, 365 2 x 6...FML...

First set was easy, took my time and really braced / engaged everything but that second set was a struggle, 5th rep had no bracing and 6th was a fail. Dropped down to 315 and did another set of 6 just to make myself feel better lol.

:rofl: repped basically me exactly. I put 290 on my back and was like this is so heavy....ok i got this...first set took everything i could to get 6 reps. Second set was 4 reps....third set was 3 reps....i was like HOW SWAY!!! HOW!!!

Did you put in a true 1rm or estimated?

Don't forget that his "program" is just a cookie cutter template. Its not catered to anyone.
Very true. I've just had a habit of starting a program then dropping out after 2 - 3 weeks wanting to program my own way again.  Trying to complete this and be a bit more strict about it.

I put in my true 1RM and those 1RM's were either grind city or poor form.  Thinking I should go at 90% for realistic numbers.  Another dude who finished candito told me that anyone can PR on a perfect day but we have more average days then perfect so think about what 1RM is still perfect for you.

On all these programs, even if you put in your current one rep max, it doesn't mean doing 3 sets of 9 reps at 70-75 percent is going to be easy if you aren't used to working in that rep range 
laugh.gif

Did you put in a true 1rm or estimated?

Don't forget that his "program" is just a cookie cutter template. Its not catered to anyone.

Very true. I've just had a habit of starting a program then dropping out after 2 - 3 weeks wanting to program my own way again.  Trying to complete this and be a bit more strict about it.

I put in my true 1RM and those 1RM's were either grind city or poor form.  Thinking I should go at 90% for realistic numbers.  Another dude who finished candito told me that anyone can PR on a perfect day but we have more average days then perfect so think about what 1RM is still perfect for you.

Its a very delicate balance though. Like when i first did candito i was super focused on squat routine part of it and put my deadlift max at my 80ish percentage (or what i thought) and that was cake for me. I looked forward to the DL parts because i knew it wouldn't be hard. I knew i wasn't challenging myself on that.

But seriously for us casual gym goers just looking for fun routines this stuff takes some real dedication. With work and sports and life i fell behind on candito and was trying to pack in days. And i couldn't just come to the gym after work at 4 after having lunch at 1130 and nothing since and put up those numbers. It really is tough

Last edited:

On all these programs, even if you put in your current one rep max, it doesn't mean doing 3 sets of 9 reps at 70-75 percent is going to be easy if you aren't used to working in that rep range 
laugh.gif
seeing stars man.

gimme trips and singles all day but past 4 reps. STARS...everywhere.

The best advice I can give you is to stick to a program for a minimum of 6 months and see how it goes. If you jump from program to program you will never make sound progress.

My homie went snowboarding with us after he hit legs in the AM, at one point we had stood still on the side kf the mountain for a good half hour cause he was cramping too much.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

leg cramps are no joke. Indoor soccer is a lot of sprinting and so both my caves cramped up and my whole body felt like it was crumpling to the ground. 

Last edited:
I will have to check Layne's program. I like dude seems pretty cool minus the third person yelling rants to physc himself up part

Back
Top Bottom