STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

almost 9 years of training in the books. college was consistent as ****.

post grd life partied so much, but after having acl surgery i got back on the straight and narrow and am stronger than ever before.

hate that sometimes rock bottom is what it takes to set you back on the right course.

but it's cool cause the beezies are in my tommy boxers.

Found some Romaleos 2s at my local outlet but they were a half-size smaller than I usually buy in Nikes. Anyone else size down in them? They're $150 and I think I can probably find a better deal online. But trying them on definitely made me reconsider what size to buy though.

Lol Romaleos run big so it's not unusual to size it a half size down or more

Shoutout to bigboss bigboss for the wraps :pimp:

Give him all your reps :pimp:

This guy is "training" someone at my job in the work gym, and I swear he's not correcting his form on any of the movements. Cringe worthy. I want to say something so bad because he's not being concern about the safety.

I may pull the guy, not the trainer, and explain to him the importance of doing the movement correctly.

Bent over Barbell row then stand into a push push as one movement... Terrible

Did a disgusting amount of bench work tonight. Had a friend who is about my strength so we went in.
Flat was 185 x 5
155 x 5 x5
135 too many to remember

Incline 135 x8
125 x 8 x 5

Then cable flys high, mid and low, then the fly machine with 10 dips between sets for 3 sets. :x

Props to you. But don't take it personally if dude just disregards everything you say lol

I won't. I can only suggest. If he blows his back out, or start getting those back pains, he'll hear me in the back of his mind :lol:

5x10 front squats this AM after back squats...I started to contemplate my existence 

Did a disgusting amount of bench work tonight. Had a friend who is about my strength so we went in.
Flat was 185 x 5
155 x 5 x5
135 too many to remember

Incline 135 x8
125 x 8 x 5

Then cable flys high, mid and low, then the fly machine with 10 dips between sets for 3 sets. :x

Thats it?

Usually me and the buddies (as of late):

Warm up flat with bands
135 x 10 reps
185 x 6 reps
205 x 3 reps
225 x 1-3 reps
225 x 1-3 reps
185 x 4-6 reps
135 (banded) 2-3 sets/as many reps possible

Incline (banded)
6 10lb plates on each side, drop set 2-5 reps each.

Flys.
Weighted dips.
Pushups.

:lol: Its fun. No such thing as overtraining. :smokin

Last edited:
Thats it?

Warm up flat with bands
135 x 10 reps
185 x 6 reps
205 x 3 reps
225 x 1-3 reps
225 x 1-3 reps
185 x 4-6 reps

Incline (banded)

Flys.
Weighted dips.
Pushups.

laugh.gif
Its fun. No such thing as overtraining.
smokin.gif
i used to do something similar until I recently switched to 5/3/1...the volume on compound lifts is very minimal, the volume comes from the accessory lifts

i used to do something similar until I recently switched to 5/3/1...the volume on compound lifts is very minimal, the volume comes from the accessory lifts

Just finished up my 4th week of this. Love it. Shooting for 12-13 weeks before I re-evaluate whether I need to switch up.

Flat was 185 x 5
155 x 5 x5
135 too many to remember

Incline 135 x8
125 x 8 x 5

Thats it?

Warm up flat with bands
135 x 10 reps
185 x 6 reps
205 x 3 reps
225 x 1-3 reps
225 x 1-3 reps
185 x 4-6 reps

Incline (banded)

Flys.
Weighted dips.
Pushups.

Yeah. I'm not a huge bench fan. I do it on the regular but not so many sets. My chest days are usually a bunch of various flys, a 5x5 on incline bench and decline db with the least emphasis on bench. I haven't really been progressing on bench so I do other stuff to try and help it. My max hasn't gone up really. I can just rep a lot higher weight.

Flat was 185 x 5
155 x 5 x5
135 too many to remember

Incline 135 x8
125 x 8 x 5

Thats it?

Warm up flat with bands
135 x 10 reps
185 x 6 reps
205 x 3 reps
225 x 1-3 reps
225 x 1-3 reps
185 x 4-6 reps

Incline (banded)

Flys.
Weighted dips.
Pushups.

I can't believe you do all that volume with that much weight on bench but you squat only up to 185 o.0

Yeah. I'm not a huge bench fan. I do it on the regular but not so many sets. My chest days are usually a bunch of various flys, a 5x5 on incline bench and decline db with the least emphasis on bench. I haven't really been progressing on bench so I do other stuff to try and help it. My max hasn't gone up really. I can just rep a lot higher weight.

Everything you just said is likely the reason it isn't progressing though. Focus on bench. Bench more weight. More sets. You'll progress on it.

Alright. I'll probably switch back to 3x8 since I've been on 5x5 a while and do both flat and incline in one day?

I would. I personally do a ton of sets on flat bench, some incline, and end with a bunch of flys. That's it. No decline. No push-ups. I bench until I can't anymore, do some incline work, and finish with flys. Volume and weight for me. It's whatever works best for you. But your flat bench isn't going to go up unless you put emphasis on it.

Back
Top Bottom