STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Worked out 4 days straight and im pooped today (rest). Hitting back tomorrow.

Goals for 2016:
255 bench
315 squat
Healthier lower back

Cant eem DL anymore. Might try some light sets tomorrow to ease back into it, most I ever DL was 335 I believe.

Goals 2016

Deadlift 500+ (420 right now)
Bench 225 for reps ( 220 max right now)
Stay at or lower than 180. (191 right now)
Get back into sprinting shape.

How tall are you?

I say go for the 300 club lol
6 foot 2. And I just left it 
laugh.gif

Football career is over and I'm tired of being fat lol

2016 Goals (so far)

-Hit 210lbs (current: 200)

-ORM 300lbs bench (current probably around 220-225, last workout I had 2x210)

-ORM 400lb squat (currently repping sets 5-7x235)

-sub 7 minute mile (currently around 8:30)

-sub 15 minute 2 mile (current: don't know)

Forgetting if I wrote down more, but that's what I got long term, for now.

Last edited:
@bmoney what are your cutting plans? Any workout you care to post?
So, I started at 297 on Jan 1st. Currently weighing in at 282. I'd like to be 275 by the end of February. 270 by March and 265 by April. I could lose weight faster, but I want to keep as much muscle/strength as I can. I burn about 3000 calories a day and consume 2500. 1000 of those are protein.

I do chest and shoulders on Monday and Thursday. Back and legs on Tuesday/Friday. Cardio/abs on Wednesday+weekends. 

My goals are to get lean, probably around 8% BF.

Also want to hit 3 plates on Squat and DL and potentially crack 300 on bench.

PHAT has been getting me insanely strong. It's nice because on the power days it really allows me to push myself. Lift as heavy as you can as long as you're in the 3-5 rep range. 

I think I'm ready for my cut!
Bulked up (dirty bulked) to 180 from 155 from Sept till now. Slacked off on the gym towards the later months as I was studying for my LSATS but I just took them last weekend so I'm ready to get sexy. Going 2100 Calories to lose 1.5lbs a week so targetting 155 by June. My first cut so any advice is appreciated in advance!

Pre-Bulk:

Finished:

Bulked up (dirty bulked) to 180 from 155 from Sept till now. Slacked off on the gym towards the later months as I was studying for my LSATS but I just took them last weekend so I'm ready to get sexy. Going 2100 Calories to lose 1.5lbs a week so targetting 155 by June. My first cut so any advice is appreciated in advance!

Pre-Bulk:

Finished:
Keep lifting in a surplus b and gain as more muscle. Im gonna take it your a beginner, If so flourish off them newb gains b

Pre-Bulk:

Finished:

1.5 weeks might be a little too much. And going back to 155 doesn't seem logical considering that's what you started at. And you said you dirty bulked and judging by your pictures, probably put on more muscle than fat.

I'd say cut a little fat and then bulk relatively clean making sure to not go overboard on the calories

1.5 weeks might be a little too much. And going back to 155 doesn't seem logical considering that's what you started at. And you said you dirty bulked and judging by your pictures, probably put on more muscle than fat.

I'd say cut a little fat and then bulk relatively clean making sure to not go overboard on the calories
I dirty bulked but it wasn't like junk food all the time; but I ate whatever I wanted. Didn't count calories and tried to eat 3-4 meals a day + 1 to 2 protein shakes. I'm looking for any good cutting programs (90 day or more programs) that would help me retain my size/muscles. 

Would it be better to cut down to around 165, clean bulk and recut? I don't have any dreams of competing or anything but an aesthetic body would be nice for summer 
glasses.gif

I dirty bulked but it wasn't like junk food all the time; but I ate whatever I wanted. Didn't count calories and tried to eat 3-4 meals a day + 1 to 2 protein shakes. I'm looking for any good cutting programs (90 day or more programs) that would help me retain my size/muscles. 

Would it be better to cut down to around 165, clean bulk and recut? I don't have any dreams of competing or anything but an aesthetic body would be nice for summer 8)

I'd say going down to even 170 should do it. But you want to work for the body, not necessarily the just the numbers IMO.

I highly suggest counting calories. Why guess? You don't guess how much weight you're putting on a barbell for bench press. This is the same thing

I'd say going down to even 170 should do it. But you want to work for the body, not necessarily the just the numbers IMO.

I highly suggest counting calories. Why guess? You don't guess how much weight you're putting on a barbell for bench press. This is the same thing
I just started counting calories. Today was my first day, clocked in at just over 2100. Downloaded "My Fitness Pal" and to lose 1.5lbs per week, my calorie intake is at 2080. It's not completely accurate since I'm not exactly sure of the serving sizes but it gives me a good idea of what's going into my body. 

I just started counting calories. Today was my first day, clocked in at just over 2100. Downloaded "My Fitness Pal" and to lose 1.5lbs per week, my calorie intake is at 2080. It's not completely accurate since I'm not exactly sure of the serving sizes but it gives me a good idea of what's going into my body. 

Good stuff. Might want to reconsider that 1.5 number like I said. That's a little aggressive and might be difficult to conserve muscle mass

Since we're posting pics. Trap gains.

New pr on bench today. 195x3 for two sets. Thanks @jkitty your advice is working. Just got done with an hour on bench. Couldn't feel my chest towards the end.

Back
Top Bottom