STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

True, especially since I'm only 5'8. Im only 26 though, I haven't even really been lifting heavy long at all. 

True, I think my squat and deadlift will be fine.

I just suck at doing anything in moderation 
laugh.gif
 Once I get tunnel vision on a goal its a wrap. 

Who knows how to do those body fat estimator things? Lets just say I'm 20-25% BF at 255, what will I be at 200? 
probably around 15-17% 

Ok you'll be huge still at 5'8". I'm 5'7" and 180 and trying for 200. I'd love to be in your shoes right now. :lol:

How long did it take you to get your squat numbers like they are now? I just assumed you'd been lifting heavy for a long time.

I feel like boss would get to 200 before the majority of this thread could get to 300, 400, 500

Might as well throw a pic up.

Grabbed these off of Amazon. "Better" than regular lifting straps? Never tried this kind but the faster wrap intrigues me.

Ok you'll be huge still at 5'8". I'm 5'7" and 180 and trying for 200. I'd love to be in your shoes right now.
laugh.gif

How long did it take you to get your squat numbers like they are now? I just assumed you'd been lifting heavy for a long time.
3 years? I know I started lifting in when I was 23 and didn't really start squatting until about 6 months or so before my first meet in 2014. But nah Ive only been powerlifting seriously for 2 years. 

Everyone wants the opposite of what they have 
laugh.gif
 Id love to be about 6'2 and be able fill out that kind of frame.

Last edited:
Those straps are decent. Versa grips are better but 50 bucks. The cobra grips are 40
I feel like boss would get to 200 before the majority of this thread could get to 300, 400, 500
considering half this board are either ectos or asian. Thats a safe bet
:nerd:

Boss "cutting" to 200lbs
laugh.gif

Let's see it
pimp.gif
I knew you would be chiming in soon 
laugh.gif

It might happen, I still want to bench 500 natural at less than 250 though.
Man honestly those numbers shouldn't be hard for people in here to get, I hit 1220 at my first meet and all I did was 5x5 the entire time leading up to it, I didn't even really deadlift a lot either, weighed in at 196 that day.

Those straps are decent. Versa grips are better but 50 bucks. The cobra grips are 40
considering half this board are either ectos or asian. Thats a safe bet
:nerd:

I was more asking the type of strap vs regular loop lifting straps. Ive never had this type of strap before, pros? Cons?

My numbers right now are 805 less than a year into lifting. 205 bench, 315 dl and 285 squat. My dl will go up. Hadn't dl in like 5 months but I'm taking it slow on that since I started again.

Last edited:
Nah I don't really go for 1rm especially on stuff like dl and squat where I could get hurt.

I can bench 205x5
Dl 315 x5
Squat 285 x3

In that case you've done well. I don't really go for 1RM either but I've only been able to bench press 225 once on two separate occasions. I've deadlifted 315 once and can rep 225 on squats. Time to up the weight on my squats.

Yeah squats have been my fastest progression. I wasn't pushing them before and struggling to do 185 two months ago

I just try and add 10# every week and hit it for two sets if I'm feeling good.

Last edited:
I was doing the 5x5 program for a little while to increase strength and adding weight often but I've switched to higher intensity, minimal rest workouts to work on size and shaping.

For some reason I started with bench and power cleans. :lol:

Had no idea what I was doing but at least I learned a hard lift right off the bat I guess. I never Powerclean anymore.

Back
Top Bottom