STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My one fear with notch is the durability of the notches

Has anyone tried the Bai drinks. Costco had a sell they're good. Full of antioxidants
I like them but I've only picked them up randomly at a gas station a few times and they're expensive. $3 the places I've seen them. What was that Costco price?

Lever is better right?

It's personal preference.

If I could go back, I'd get a single or double prong.
Just not a lot of versatility with a lever for adjusting the tightness on the fly.

@mplsdunk - he got the powerlifting belt. took less than a month to arrive and didn't bruise him up as bad as his inzer while breaking it in.

he had his inzer longer than me and it was still bruising him like 6mo later. mine took about a month to break in, for that month I couldn't get in a proper DL position or hit depth on squats because it would just wreck my midsection but you just need to power thru it lol.

Last edited:
is corn good for post-workout carbs?
Corn is probably the worst vegetable you can eat for nutrition. Pretty much no vitamins and nutrients in corn. If you're looking for a better choice in the produce section, try sweet potatoes. Loaded with fiber, vitamins and minerals.

100% whole grain brown rice is a good option also with its high fiber content, it also has 5grams of incomplete protein per serving

Last edited:

My pops has been trying to get back in the gym. He's only been doing arms and chest. :x
Any one have a routine I can pass along to him? He's 53 if that changes anything. I would just lift with him but I go to school in another state.

Naw tell him to stick with that new kanye workout plan. And dont forget all veggies no eggs

My pops has been trying to get back in the gym. He's only been doing arms and chest. :x
Any one have a routine I can pass along to him? He's 53 if that changes anything. I would just lift with him but I go to school in another state.

5x5 it's straight forward and I wish I knew about it when I started. All based off compound lifts for real strength.

I would love for my pops to be motivated enough to lift. *sigh

When I first started lifting my dad asked why I was trying to turn into Arnold Schwarzenegger. :lol:

But yeah I wish my dad was into some sort of physical activity. When we were in the Philippines I tried playing halfcourt pickup with him and he as gassed before the first dead ball. Rough since he's a smoker and he has some cardiac issues too...

Last edited:
5x5 it's straight forward and I wish I knew about it when I started. All based off compound lifts for real strength.
That's what I do right now. I was gonna recommend him that but I'm not sure if he can deadlift at Planet Fitness. :lol:
He wants to get lean and cut.

I would love for my pops to be motivated enough to lift. *sigh

When I first started lifting my dad asked why I was trying to turn into Arnold Schwarzenegger. :lol:

But yeah I wish my dad was into some sort of physical activity. When we were in the Philippines I tried playing halfcourt pickup with him and he as gassed before the first dead ball. Rough since he's a smoker and he has some cardiac issues too...

Ha! At least your dad tries!

My pops is probably the exact person that comes to mind when I was making my point about how change comes from inside you first, a couple days ago.

Aint nobody making him work out but him. But he doesn't want to..

Whats up bros, got 2nd place in my class yesterday, I only went 6/9 but hit PRs on each lift and total! 

On squat I opened with 550, then 584, the 584 was a big grinder so I know I didn't have much left so just made a small jump to 589 but couldn't grind it out. Had a couple unfortunate hold ups when I was going up to the platform on my first 2 lifts but its cool, my flight was that big so rest periods were cut short but I'm happy with the 584, that was about a 11 pound meet PR.

Bench went pretty good, smoked 385 on my opener, little shaky at the top but no problems, had one of my boys lift off for me and helped me make the second pick for 408, went up pretty smooth, little grind in the middle to the top but nothing major. I knew my triceps were gassed at this point so I just made the tiny jump to 413, but I just didn't have it in me, barley got it off my chest. 

Last were deadlifts which I hate the most lol, opened up with like 540 and it wasn't much of a challenge, by this point I knew 1600 wasn't going to happen so I just wanted to hit a nice PR and get (almost) in the 6 plate club officially with 584, it was a ******* grinder at the top but i locked it out and got the lift 2 to 1. Then I made the same jump as squats to 589, this was probably the longest grind of my life lol I locked it out or at least thought I did but they turned it down 2 to 1.

Overall I'm really please with how everything went, especially considering I was sick for the days leading up and just not all in mentally either. I plan on dropping some weight, hitting 600 on both squat and deadlift and hitting 1600 by the end of the year.

I post some vids later on IG @j2nicee 

Thanks for the support! #NTstrong 
nthat.gif

Has anyone tried the Bai drinks. Costco had a sell they're good. Full of antioxidants

Coconut is the truth but joints is expensive.

Nice work BOSS. Too lazy to calculate, how much is that? Did you fishtail out the parking lot in the M, word to the 350z in the Santana's Town video? :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom