STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

To each his own. No one is laughing at my gym using a belt for dl.

If you come with a belt for curls you will get clowned.

Great day in the gym today.

Finally passed the 3 plate barrier on squats, still not close to where I wanna be but it felt good to hit it.

Also hitting 100lb dumbbells on the incline bench for sets of 5 now.

Carb day tomorrow going to be too lit, DL on Saturday morning. :pimp:

#thesweestestpain

#thestrongestsummer

#keepworkin

Last edited:
@BIGBOSS or someone school me....

When should I be using a belt on DLs? I did 455 last night w/ no belt and felt fine. I had more in the tank, but had to move on to the next portion of my workout. When I was doing DLs, 2 people asked me about wearing one.
For me it just depends on the workout Im doing for the day. I normally don't put one on until I go over 400lbs. I think you can benefit from doing belt less training for sure, if you aren't training for PL or Olympic lifting I wouldn't really worry about it though. There are other ways to get your core work in.

At any gym I've been at the guys that wore belts were laughed at. If youre scared go to church if you want to rip weight off the ground the last thing you're thinking about is a belt. Forget a belt forget straps and just use your body.
laugh.gif

These are things you shouldn't say buddy. 

When your elbows and shoulders don't hurt.

I mean is it easy? Are you just blowing through your sets? I don't get super sore after bench either. Or maybe I just don't feel it as much because I'm not really using my chest in daily activities like legs or back.

^I don't hurt in my elbows or shoulders . I don't blow through then either.

I've learned to let the bar come down to my nips. So that's probably what I've been struggling with.

The only things that bother me is when people dont put their weights back or wipe the bench they just used and theres a puddle of sweat on it. Other than that i could careless what anyone else is doing.

I just thought it was odd seeing someone use straps for db curls considering he was a pretty big dude.

Yo that new Quest bar flavor is smackin' :pimp:

Bought one to test it out earlier & came back right now to buy a box.

They got a winner with this here oatmeal chocolate chip.

Oatmeal with chocolate chip ANYTHING is tasty AF. Went to 711 to see if the new flavor arrived but nada so i stuck with my alltime fav-cookie dough.

Bro get the FITJOY. Bars. You will return that box tomorrow guaranteed
Word?

I don't know whether to believe you or not due to our prior engagements in the GoT thread, Warden.

Might be trying to get ya boy with a Frey Pie protein bar.

Last edited:
Word?
I don't know whether to believe you or not due to our prior engagements in the GoT thread, Warden.
Might be trying to get ya boy with a Frey Pie protein bar.

You're name was on my list.......

by the way im the one who endoresed the combat bars :smokin

Pretty stoked to hit 370x5 on deads today at 166 today. First goal of 200lbs over my bodyweight has been achieved, the road to four plates continues.

Man I hit two sets at 365 today went for 405 blew it then got stuck at 315 the rest of the day for sets.

Then said **** it and did yoga. :lol:

First days back in the gym are rough.

Back
Top Bottom