STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You guys ever use the steam room? I knew my gym had a sauna but I just discovered the steam room yesterday. Went in for about 15 seconds before I could barely breathe :lol: . I feel like it'd be good to get a sweat and loosen up. How long am I supposed to stay in ? Like 5 min? And are you supposed to wear a shirt and shorts? Not gonna go full old man and be butt *** naked but just wondering

Never been in the sauna

Last edited:
You guys ever use the steam room? I knew my gym had a sauna but I just discovered the steam room yesterday. Went in for about 15 seconds before I could barely breathe :lol: . I feel like it'd be good to get a sweat and loosen up. How long am I supposed to stay in ? Like 5 min? And are you supposed to wear a shirt and shorts? Not gonna go full old man and be butt *** naked but just wondering

Never been in the sauna

I started messing with it a while back. I go couple times a week after i workout for maybe 10min.

Never been in the sauna

I like to go in the sauna for ab 20-30 mins after my workout and just sweat out whatever toxins are left in my body :lol:
Come out sweaty as hell but it feels damn good.

Just got to the gym hit one set of ohp and dipped. :lol: too damn early with not enough food. Gonna go to the zoo and feed some deer and go tonight at 9. :pimp:

Never been in the sauna

I like to go in the sauna for ab 20-30 mins after my workout and just sweat out whatever toxins are left in my body :lol:
Come out sweaty as hell but it feels damn good.

Can I bring my phone in there will anything happen to it?

Last edited:
Yeah phone in the sauna/steam room could possibly trigger a water damage sticker. So if anything happens to your phone they'll probably say it's water damaged and the warranty is void.

Do i need lacrosse ball or softball to help massage muscles

I really like using a lacrosse ball for my feet and to really dig into my calves. Sometimes I'll sit on it to hit the piriformis.

Last edited:
Down almost 14 lbs since I started "Insanity." Started at 210 and am now at 197. Just finished my third week.

Also been doing "Whole 30" with my girl because she wanted to. Hate it but it seems to be helping. Hoping to get down to 175-180 by January (wedding).

Can I bring my phone in there will anything happen to it?
I see people with phones and headphones in the sauna and steam room. I always figure the steam room would jack up your electronics and stuff
I mean odds are it won't do any damage to your phone or electronics but why take the chance? I see it as a good opportunity to be detached, even for just a little bit.

Your phone can last in there for a bit. But like bscarr said just detach for a second. You'll thank yourself.

But i have never stayed in the sauna more than 5 mins straight. Go in 5 mins go out breathe put some water on yourself. Go back in

What do you guys do when you fail a lift?

I ran too many games of ball before lifting so my legs were pretty shot. I usually lift before playing ball but my boy wanted me to run with him.
I was supposed to hit 5x5 squats afterwards but was pretty burnt out after the 3rd set. So I took off some weight and ended up cramping on the second rep of the fifth set. I'm all for pushing yourself but I just know I would've tweaked something or the Amel curse would've got me.

What would you guys do?

Listen to your body fam. Don't try to push through if you're cramping up. Like you said you probably would have hurt yourself

Back
Top Bottom