STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Someone school me on liquid diets.

I'm tryna cut & was thinking about doing a 7 day liquid diet.

How do you guys feel about it? Pros? Cons? Worth it?

Do a juice fast. Do some research on it and I'm sure you'll like what you find. Also look into the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Everlast-...10269312933715500878&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

this is a ridiculous price. I think I paid $120 for mine and was happy with that. I got a steal off ebay on a single Bowflex1090 dumbbell though. I paid 50+55 shipping. It was supposed to be broken, dial stuck on 85lbs, which is fine to me because that's what I press and bent over lat row anyways, and furthermore there was a recall on these so I could probably get it fixed for free. I get it in the house, fixed it in 10 minutes.

ANd then I got this set http://www.walmart.com/ip/As-Seen-on-TV-Weider-100-lb-SpeedWeight-Dumbbell-Set-with-Stand/17804182 minus the table from a weirdo on Craigslist who didn't even want money, traded me for a drill I bought like 4yrs ago on clearance for 40 bucks.

So no excuses for me. I got almost a full gym in my house

Last edited:
If I do 4 sets of 40 10lbs reps will that slim my arms?

I want to work them out without getting bulky.

I used to lift 25lbs 2 20 reps with breaks in between and they just got bigger.

4x40 holy crap thats a lot of reps lol

Keep the weight heavy when trying to lose weight. You'll lose the strength/muscle if you lower the weights. You're not gonna get bulky that quick...

post workout feast.

half rotisserie chicken, dark (two thighs, two drumsticks). and other random pieces i pulled off the breast and there's a wing in there too somewhere lol.
and a bunch of pecan green beans. washed down with a pint of water and 10oz of grape juice.
damn, that look dumb good

If I do 4 sets of 40 10lbs reps will that slim my arms?

I want to work them out without getting bulky.

I used to lift 25lbs 2 20 reps with breaks in between and they just got bigger.
This is the mindset of most women...and the excuse as well...but uhmm...yea that's not how it works. You dont just bulk up, its far from that easy. To bulk up, you actually have to actively be trying to bulk up. To tone, you really just need to lower your body fat percentage, and that can be done in the kitchen. If your arms are big, and it's not muscle, and you don't have thick *** bones, then it's fat, and all you really need to do is adjust your diet. Everything else comes after, but what you put in your body and how much is of the utmost importance.

Going to cook me a pot of beans in the morning. By then, they've been soaking for over 30 hours...

Was told tonight that I shouldn't count the protein in the beans though. Something about them not being able to build muscle and such. Correct or no?

I've been counting them as part of my daily protein for the last 3 weeks and I've definitely gotten stronger, so I don't know what to believe.

Going to cook me a pot of beans in the morning. By then, they've been soaking for over 30 hours...

Was told tonight that I shouldn't count the protein in the beans though. Something about them not being able to build muscle and such. Correct or no?

I've been counting them as part of my daily protein for the last 3 weeks and I've definitely gotten stronger, so I don't know what to believe.
Lolwut?

Lolwut?

Man, I don't even know. I was pretty much getting told that plant protein was "fragile", so it couldn't build muscle.

p90x + my cleeeean diet is working wonders brahs.

Week 0: 1.01.13 - 202.8 lbs
Week 1: 1.05.13 - 200.1 lbs
Week 2: 1.13.13 - 198.6 lbs
Week 3: 1.19.13 - 196.6 lbs
Week 4: 1.26.13 - 193.8 lbs

time to destruct chest and back. LETS GET IT

Protein shake right before work out/breakfast replacement?
I take one scoop pre-workout.  And one scoop post.

All my other protein for the day comes from food.

Same here.

what methods do you guys use to avoid fast food, sweets and sodas.

There are no methods, you just do it. Every time you want to eat a candy bar or drink a soda, think about how bad you want to be in shape. I don't drink soda unless they don't have water at a facility (my local Popeye's). As for sweets, I do eat them, but only on workout days so I feel like I evened out. Fast food...I still eat, I just watch the lesser evil.

For example: A Popeye's 4 piece meal has around the same or more cholesterol than a Royal Farms 3 piece meal. The Popeye's meal has almost 4x the amount of sodium. So if I'm going to eat unhealthy, I'll go with Royal Farms.

I feel like lats today...deadlifts, wide grip seated rows, close grip seated rows, and lat pulldowns have made me feel soreness I've never felt before.

Will power.  For real.

And a picture of the ideal physique I want on my phone.

It's all will power. Instead of a pic of someone's physique I have a pic of me before I started this journey and that's enough to make me not wanna have all that junk.

Im at gym right now and this hippy and his gitl been on lat pulldown machine gor an hour
So you posted on Niketalk instead of asking to work in? K...

What can I use to give me energy for my workouts??, the last two days I went to the gym I didn't have enough energy to do what I wanted to.
Coffee? Get more sleep?

Thoughts on doing calves 5 days a week?
Sounds stupid. Why?

For those that wear Converse (Chuck Taylors) for squating and deadlift are these shoes good?
I squat and deadlift in Vans. I used to go shoeless, but then this SOV pilates trainer kept on telling me I couldn't do that. But yes flat soled shoes like vans, chucks, Adidas Sambas are ideal for squats and deadlifts, unless you want to invest in some olympic lifting shoes.

Someone school me on liquid diets.

I'm tryna cut & was thinking about doing a 7 day liquid diet.

How do you guys feel about it? Pros? Cons? Worth it?
Why? Sounds like a horrible time. Sure it will put you in a solid deficit, but it doesn't seem worth it.

Beans don't have complete proteins like meat and dairy - missing certain amino acids. I think you can still count them in your macros, but you should either supplement with some amino acid suppies or make sure that beans aren't your only source of protein.

what methods do you guys use to avoid fast food, sweets and sodas.
Aside from will power, some tricks include brushing your teeth right after dinner - less likely to eat dessert if it would mean rebrushing your teeth, soda water instead of soda. To avoid fast food, you gotta learn to cook basically.

Who was pissed? clearly made an observation. And I dont work in with a dude in his chick no thanks.

Anyways holding on to some water weight, scale didnt move.

Protein pre vs post? I thought i saw my batsignal......
Please drop an essay, I wouldn't mind the read, lol.

Jim Stoppani really pushes having both.
Legs are dead, great feeling but at the same time, you know the day after is gonna suck, esp. walking up stairs.

Quick question, I have some Dymatized Iso-100 but it recently expired 12/12, can I still finish up the tub or is it best if I toss it?

P.S. Getting scheduled my Hydrostatic test next week so I can really determine the process I'm making in regards to body fat and lean muscle mass. Can't wait.

destroyed my legs today too. the chicks were mirin', made me go even harder, plus i was just lookin extra diesel today, added enthusiasm to beast. sitting down later is going to be a *****.
Steady havin the yams "mriin'"
laugh.gif
  Thanks for making me hungry with that damn chicken too lol.

Also, there's nada disgusting about making the oatmteal beforehand.   I usually reheat on the stove with some almond milk or when I'm in a rush microwave.  Lot quicker when you're on the go.  Not a fan of instant.  Regular or steel cut.

Got a long day ahead of cleaning up water, busted pipe last night.  Hopefully it's not too bad, gotta wait on the plumber.   Wanna hit legs.   Worse comes to worse I'll just do some db squats, lunges, and stiff legged deads.

p90x + my cleeeean diet is working wonders brahs.

Week 0: 1.01.13 - 202.8 lbs
Week 1: 1.05.13 - 200.1 lbs
Week 2: 1.13.13 - 198.6 lbs
Week 3: 1.19.13 - 196.6 lbs
Week 4: 1.26.13 - 193.8 lbs

time to destruct chest and back. LETS GET IT

Props man, I'm trying to do this as well. No crash dieting but rather making a lifestyle change. Other times I would eat alot less, lose the 10 lbs in 2 weeks or so even though I knew it was best at most to only lose 2 lbs a week. I'm going for that approach this time around and not focusing my on weight loss, but progress and inches lost.

Good stuff fam.

Back
Top Bottom