STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Wait dude said
Detoxification is not a thing?

My bad, of course they're a thing that exists.

However, commercial detox diets/teas/supplements are not effective at doing what they say they do. There's limited evidence surrounding their use in human beings and the few that do exis suffer important limitations in their methods including sample size, sampling bias, lack of controls, etc.

Only way to detox is sweat, water, and purging of whatever substance.

Pretty much.

Lungs, GI system, liver, kidneys, and skin have done a pretty good job over the years at developing ways to remove unwanted substances from the body.

That's what I expected.

Lol ok smart guy.

How long does it take for your body to fully process meats ? - 48+ hours

Fruits and vegetables ? Less than 24 hours

It’s simple math, similar to calories in vs calories out for bulking or cutting.

If you’re going to try to act like a know it all you better come with something.

And then to agree with detoxing the body on a post not to far off of mine?

Go panthers!

Lol ok smart guy.

How long does it take for your body to fully process meats ? - 48+ hours

Fruits and vegetables ? Less than 24 hours

Where are you getting this from? Legit asking, not being condescending.

Total transit time from ingestion to secretion varies. Average time was 40hrs in one study from 1980. - https://www.mayoclinic.org/digestive-system/expert-answers/faq-20058340

A WebMD article states a broader range:

"A stomach that functions properly will empty in 4 to 6 hours. Food generally takes 5 hours to move through the small intestine and 10 to 59 hours to move through the colon." - https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/bowel-transit-time-test#2

No mention of differences between different foods.

If you’re going to try to act like a know it all you better come with something.

And then to agree with detoxing the body on a post not to far off of mine?

I don't understand what your point is. All food is eventually removed from the body. There is no need to pour a human version of drain-o down your throat to clear any of it (though again, detox diets/teas/cleanses/etc are not supported by scientific evidence which I can cite if you'd like, it's not a terribly long read).

How it makes you feel is your own experience and that's fine. But there are no legitimate health benefits to doing any of these detoxes or cleanses. The companies that push them can't tell you what they're removing or the mechanism by which they're going to do it. The detox community can't even agree on a standardized definition of what a "toxin" is. Ask 10 people, get 10 different answers.

In medicine, "toxin" generally refers to drugs or alcohol and "detox" refers to weening people off these substances. Commercially, both terms hold zero value.

Go panthers!

Yessir

Where are you getting this from? Legit asking, not being condescending.

Total transit time from ingestion to secretion varies. Average time was 40hrs in one study from 1980. - https://www.mayoclinic.org/digestive-system/expert-answers/faq-20058340

A WebMD article states a broader range:

"A stomach that functions properly will empty in 4 to 6 hours. Food generally takes 5 hours to move through the small intestine and 10 to 59 hours to move through the colon." - https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/bowel-transit-time-test#2

No mention of differences between different foods.

I don't understand what your point is. All food is eventually removed from the body. There is no need to pour a human version of drain-o down your throat to clear any of it (though again, detox diets/teas/cleanses/etc are not supported by scientific evidence which I can cite if you'd like, it's not a terribly long read).

How it makes you feel is your own experience and that's fine. But there are no legitimate health benefits to doing any of these detoxes or cleanses. The companies that push them can't tell you what they're removing or the mechanism by which they're going to do it. The detox community can't even agree on a standardized definition of what a "toxin" is. Ask 10 people, get 10 different answers.

In medicine, "toxin" generally refers to drugs or alcohol and "detox" refers to weening people off these substances. Commercially, both terms hold zero value.

Yessir

Lol @ sending 80s article

Who said anything about pouring over the counter detoxes into your body?

The natural way to detox >

And FYI - if you’re over consuming calories in the form of meats and not burning them off your body can’t keep up and eventually lags in its break downs.

Insert: clogged arteries.

Eating veggies like asparagus, broccoli, and even oils will help clean out the build up.

To act like foods and other means can not run a healthy cleanse and detox of your body is ignorant and dumb.

Go Panthers

Lol @ sending 80s article

Who said anything about pouring over the counter detoxes into your body?

The natural way to detox >

And FYI - if you’re over consuming calories in the form of meats and not burning them off your body can’t keep up and eventually lags in its break downs.

Insert: clogged arteries.

Eating veggies like asparagus, broccoli, and even oils will help clean out the build up.

To act like foods and other means can not run a healthy cleanse and detox of your body is ignorant and dumb.

Go Panthers

Alright man

Yall be battling over stuff that dont matter. Lol its like you picked his comment just to fight and make your point.
Im just trying to talk about best pre workouts and whey

Yall be battling over stuff that dont matter. Lol its like you picked his comment just to fight and make your point.
Im just trying to talk about best pre workouts and whey

Pwo is for lames and whey makes your d small.

Any of you fit bros experience with the peloton bike? Just got one, coming in next Wednesday...

from what i’ve seen, it’s just a spin bike with a $40/mo fee for access to classes, right?

Any of you fit bros experience with the peloton bike? Just got one, coming in next Wednesday...

If it works for you, all power to you.

But isn't it just a cycle bike with a screen? I don't know how the "classes" work.

I'm sure one can easily buy a regular spin bike, attach a tablet to it and stream free cycle classes.

Am I missing something?

Been off pre workout for about 2 weeks now

Pro: sleep like a baby at night, no more getting rdy for the gym preparing my bottles, save $.

Cons: endurance fell off just a bit. Need to rest a bit more between sets. Strength is still there though.

Back
Top Bottom