STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Im a little light headed. Did a long cardio session and abs and called it a day. Ill do chest another day full energy.

20231101_174635.jpg
20231101_164404.jpg
20231101_153449.jpg

couple questions

my only chance to go to the gym is straight after work around 6 ish. an hr on the treadmill for now is all i can do ( dr's order long story). i only eat breakfast at like 8 am and come outta there starving. should i be eating dinner this late or just drink a shake or something and wait till morning ?

i'm eating dinner as i type and will be knocked out by 11. am i doing the work for nothing ? feels like i am but i work a physical job also and like i said i come out the gym hungry as hell.

couple questions

my only chance to go to the gym is straight after work around 6 ish. an hr on the treadmill for now is all i can do ( dr's order long story). i only eat breakfast at like 8 am and come outta there starving. should i be eating dinner this late or just drink a shake or something and wait till morning ?

i'm eating dinner as i type and will be knocked out by 11. am i doing the work for nothing ? feels like i am but i work a physical job also and like i said i come out the gym hungry as hell.

if I remember correctly, you have had seizures in the past & do keto right?

could you eat before hitting the gym? or skip the gym altogether eat dinner, then go for a short 5-10 min walk around the way, because if you are eating more than you would otherwise (unless that's what you are going for?) the trip is kinda counterproductive

could you eat before hitting the gym? or skip the gym altogether eat dinner, then go for a short 5-10 min walk around the way, because if you are eating more than you would otherwise (unless that's what you are going for?) the trip is kinda counterproductive

that's what i figured. and yes, the seizures is the reason my dr doesn't want me lifting anything yet but the keto diet is working, only thing is i'm starting the look weak without muscle. but as far as eating earlier i could but i'd have to start meal prepping i guess. just it feels like it would be so early to eat dinner. i'll try to start doing that instead. appreciate the info family :smokin

that's what i figured. and yes, the seizures is the reason my dr doesn't want me lifting anything yet but the keto diet is working, only thing is i'm starting the look weak without muscle. but as far as eating earlier i could but i'd have to start meal prepping i guess. just it feels like it would be so early to eat dinner. i'll try to start doing that instead. appreciate the info family :smokin

no worries, i wouldn't worry too much about the 'starting to look weak' ting...it's just part of your grind! minor setback for a major come up type ting, get/stay healthy so when the doc gives you the go you are fully ready

I try not to eat before the gym, it weighs me down. Fasting complicates all this. If I do need calories Ill do a protein bar or healthy snacks.

I can get very hungry after workouts but like today because of my fast I couldnt eat right after. Still got 2 hours. Ill eat enough to power me through jiu jitsu in the morning after work then have a big breakfast.

Last edited:
I try not to eat before the gym, it weighs me down. Fasting complicates all this. If I do need calories Ill do a protein bar or healthy snacks.

I can get very hungry after workouts but like today because of my fast I couldnt eat right after. Still got 2 hours. Ill eat enough to power me through jiu jitsu in the morning after work then have a big breakfast.

you’re on a whole different timing that is purposely suboptimal but seems to work for you…

i like to workout fasted, i just subjectively ‘feel’ better even tho intellectually i know it’s probably better to fuel up for training (tho i’m not fasting for an extended amount of time, so technically not all that fasted)…recently been splitting the difference w/the protein fruit drinks for a better chance of hitting the daily protein target with something intraworkout, because i’m usually not hungry after leaving the gym

I feel like you do these good things in most complicated, least effective ways.

Navigating eating, working out and work isnt easy. If that were the case everyone would be doing it.

Efficacy depends on what youre going for, ive already beaten that horse into the ground in here.

you’re on a whole different timing that is purposely suboptimal but seems to work for you…

i like to workout fasted, i just subjectively ‘feel’ better even tho intellectually i know it’s probably better to fuel up for training (tho i’m not fasting for an extended amount of time, so technically not all that fasted)…recently been splitting the difference w/the protein fruit drinks for a better chance of hitting the daily protein target with something intraworkout, because i’m usually not hungry after leaving the gym

I work a lot of nights, nothing about my lifestyle is normal even sleep.

Yea I feel more energetic when I workout without fueling up but I pay for it afterwards. I think loading up on nutrients hourss before works best. I had a large meal right after work yesterday set a fast alarm went straight to sleep in the morning got up and hit the gym.

Just from post observation of course, you eat like crap, you constantly complain about things like pain and lightheadedness, tired, you dread your fast etc. etc. You let these things manage you instead of you managing them properly unless you're just exaggerating for effect.

Burrito bowls, middle eastern dishes, fish, salad, curries is eating like crap? >D :rofl:

Jii jitsu comes with pain and injuries...im not wolverine.:smh: Tap earlier and tap hard I suppose.

People sometimes get extremely tired after strenuous exercise....I take it as doing something right. High intensity cardio will do that to you. I promise to stop when the physiologic consequences start loosening my bowels like marathon runners.

Last edited:

Do you know what the logic behind the no lifting is??

Do you know what the logic behind the no lifting is??

I have seizures at times now so till they're calmed down it's to dangerous for me to be lifting anything where i can hurt myself or people around me. Can't even drive right now. Gotta be steady for like a yr b4 they can allow me again. Got to 11 months once and had one, i was fxck*ng devastated :lol:

Treadmill can be just as dangerous but i told em i can't just sit in my house waiting for one to happen. Sucks but they have gotten alot better since changing my diet and dropping this extra weight ...

I have seizures at times now so till they're calmed down it's to dangerous for me to be lifting anything where i can hurt myself or people around me. Can't even drive right now. Gotta be steady for like a yr b4 they can allow me again. Got to 11 months once and had one, i was fxck*ng devastated :lol:

Treadmill can be just as dangerous but i told em i can't just sit in my house waiting for one to happen. Sucks but they have gotten alot better since changing my diet and dropping this extra weight ...

Yeah i was thinking that operating a treadmill isn't necessarily safe either.

Hopefully you can hit that year mark this time my man.

Back
Top Bottom