STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

couple questions

my only chance to go to the gym is straight after work around 6 ish. an hr on the treadmill for now is all i can do ( dr's order long story). i only eat breakfast at like 8 am and come outta there starving. should i be eating dinner this late or just drink a shake or something and wait till morning ?

i'm eating dinner as i type and will be knocked out by 11. am i doing the work for nothing ? feels like i am but i work a physical job also and like i said i come out the gym hungry as hell.
just eat early in the morning instead of 8 am, do it 1-2 hours prior. don't eat late.

two double cheezeburgers and a large fries from Five Guys hits the spot.
dame2.png
you remind me of my mother who loves FIVE GUYS a lot.

Today I rode my bike to Walmart, Goodwill, and HEB.
The ride was about 15 miles.
It was easy, breezy, and fun.
On the ride... a feeling of gratitude came over me... because in real time.... I was experiencing... that being in great shape... was priceless.
I might ride my bike tomorrow too.

Attachments

• CLyY.gif
    CLyY.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 644
i’ve never seen someone use a belt on hack squats until today…is this normal?

maybe i’m out of the know, but is being able to press up against the pad not enough to create tension? maybe i’m just old and washed

i’ve never seen someone use a belt on hack squats until today…is this normal?

maybe i’m out of the know, but is being able to press up against the pad not enough to create tension? maybe i’m just old and washed

I’ve seen both, just like with actual squats.

I tended to use one when I did them but I also don’t see a downside to belts in general (I use one of thr four in my bag for all barbell lifting to include heavy BP singles).

Most folks don’t hack heavy anyways but that’s a different issue altogether.

Tried out late night jiu jitsu sessions in addition to my regular tuesday thurs 645am. This one class starts with 20 min of running, jumping jacks, military crawls, fundamental drills and other cardio sh** as opposed to my usual class which starts with 20 min of "light" rolling which ends up just as tiring. I like both options.

Last edited:
Tried out late night jiu jitsu sessions in addition to my regular tuesday thurs 645am. This one class starts with 20 min of running, jumping jacks, military crawls, fundamental drills and other cardio sh** as opposed to my usual class which starts with 20 min of "light" rolling which ends up just as tiring. I like both options.
Man I remember I went to a few classes at a more competition focused school. Their warmups were way longer and more intense than what I was used to.. that was the only time I threw up at bjj, mountain climbers got me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom