STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Quick question about weight lifting. 

When I lift(just started) I do an amount that by the end of the rep my arm starts hurting like I read in Men's Health. 

Well my cousin told me and I've seen brolic dudes in the gym put like 220 and lift it like 3 times then stop. 

Which one is better? 
I answered this in my post above, but it really depends on your goals and wether your cutting or bulking also plays a factor. I would let your body fat % determine wether to cut or bulk. Bulk = mass, higher weight lower rep, Cut = lean, lower weight, more reps 

Ive said this a few times but if you check out bodybuilding.com and its forums you can learn everything you want and also watch youtube videos for different exercises.

Last edited:
Quick question about weight lifting. 

When I lift(just started) I do an amount that by the end of the rep my arm starts hurting like I read in Men's Health. 

Well my cousin told me and I've seen brolic dudes in the gym put like 220 and lift it like 3 times then stop. 

Which one is better? 
depends on your goal.

Mass: Medium reps (8-12), medium sets (3-4), heavy weight
StrengthMass: lower sets, low reps, but HEAVY WEIGHTS

TONE: MORE SETS, MORE REPS, LOWER WEIGHTS.

IMO, TONE IS MUCH HARDER.

fixed

depends on your goal.

Mass: lower sets, low reps, but HEAVY WEIGHTS

TONE: MORE SETS, MORE REPS, LOWER WEIGHTS.

IMO, TONE IS MUCH HARDER.

Why do people always reiterate this?
Lifting more sets for more reps and lower weights doesn't get you toned
Being at a caloric deficit is the only thing that will get you toned, anything else is an exercise in futility
IMO it only makes sense to lift low reps high weight, that's the only way you improve your strength and build muscle
Lifting low weights is only good for muscle endurance

False. It does get you tone IF PROPER DIET IS USED. That is a fact.

By your logic, its more effective to just do 10 reps of chest press at 300 pounds than it is to do 100 push ups to get tone? Yeah sounds insane right?

By your logic, its more effective to just do 10 reps of chest press at 300 pounds than it is to do 100 push ups to get tone? Yeah sounds insane right?

The best way to "tone" is cardio IMO, because if you have a high amount of body fat your never going to look tone without cardio of some sort to get the fat off. At the end of the day though it's really about repetition when it comes to following a workout schedule everyday followed by rest, then repeat. That will get you whatever you want for your body, I guarantee it.

Diet>Everything else 
laugh.gif
, abs are made in the kitchen 

Last edited:
Looking to tone? Learn to enjoy eating chicken breast, tuna, tilapia, turkey every night with a side of brown rice and veggies. No cardio need, strictly lifting will burn enough fat to get you cut

Huh? what kinda gibberish is this.

It's calories in/calories out, so it boils down to work. 10 reps at 300lbs is infinitely more work than 100 pushups. So no it doesn't sound insane, it's actually pretty logical. It's gonna take around 2 mins and no sweat off my back, no real fatigue for me to do 100 pushups.

Essentially like you said though, it boils down to diet no matter what you do, should've just stopped there.

Huh? what kinda gibberish is this.
It's calories in/calories out, so it boils down to work. 10 reps at 300lbs is infinitely more work than 100 pushups. So no it doesn't sound insane, it's actually pretty logical. It's gonna take around 2 mins and no sweat off my back, no real fatigue for me to do 100 pushups.
Essentially like you said though, it boils down to diet no matter what you do, should've just stopped there.
You can do 100 push ups in 2 minutes? Its much easier to do a 300 pound bench press than 100 push ups.

Last edited:
Anyone ever do Landmines with the Barbell? They got em at my gym and I wanted to start doing them

I basically wanted to start doing exercises to get me explosively strong ie power cleans. I also read about dudes grabbing a sledge hammer and hitting it over an old tire. 

Anybody have any suggestions for these type of exercises?

Feeling large.... back up to 220, probably gonna start cutting at 230 back down to 205-215

Haven't worked out for a week. Fractured my finger a month ago and I didn't get it checked out until last thursday. I wasn't able to properly lift weights since I couldn't grip on to handle.

anyone have any websites / blogs / tips in terms of dieting.

im 6'2 270 ish right about now and seem to hit a wall, within the last year ive dropped down from 330ish :x

so now its time to go harder, esp during winter.

thanks in advance.

im 6'2 270 ish right about now and seem to hit a wall, within the last year ive dropped down from 330ish :x
thanks in advance.

Do you count your cals bro?

thanks in advance.

i think the general advice you'd get is to reduce your calories. as far as the type of diet, the general advice you'd get is to up your protein and lower your fat and carbs.

congrats on losing the 60lbs though! keep at it.

Also, a caloric deficit is true but let's take it a step further. Eat clean. You can still be under maintenance by eating empty calories all day (sweets, foods high in fat). Common sense right? yet some people still think that you can eat whatever the hell you want as long as you're at a deficit which is simply not true. At the end of the day, it's going to boil down to how clean you eat. Like I said lean meats (chicken, turkey, fish) and plain veggies with some brown rice/lentil. Add a multivitamin every morning and do some sort of physical activity most days and I guarentee you will be cut. Also, add non-fat greek yogurt in there as a snack and you're gravy

You can do 100 push ups in 2 minutes? Its much easier to do a 300 pound bench press than 100 push ups.

You on crack brah? I used to do 100 push ups when I had toothpick arms.

A lot of bad advice going on in this thread.

Anyone looking to get serious I suggest to start frequenting the bodybuilding forums. Checkout these sections:
Exercise, workout programs, post your pictures, motivation and losing fat.

And don't worry no one looks like a bodybuilder unless you go to IFBB section.

Back
Top Bottom