STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone know how much protein powder to use or out in? How do you calculate it? Or measure it? Based on what? Would love to hear what you guys do or think. Mixed with water or milk? And how much?

it really depends what your goals are with your diet. remember whey protein is a SUPPLEMENT so it's meant to SUPPLEMENT your already well designed diet. i use it to meet my protein needs for the day.

usually a scoop is about 24 grams of protein. i personally do 3 scoops a day all at once after my workouts, but i am on IF so it's a bit different for me. my protein also has like 0 sugar and cholesterol levels.

iLLest!

Is that cause you wanna gain or lose weight? And how much water or milk do you add? Im looking to lose 20 to 25 pounds... im at 220 lbs now..any suggestions?

So I ran out of the Gold Standard, but for the same price, I can get the 12lb mass gainer. For someone who would need about 4,500 calories a day, this may be an effective yet fiscally responsible way to reach that goal. Albeit with a lesser quality protein. Yay? Nay?

Don't waste money on gainers...unless you have that much disposable (literally) income.

All they have is crummy cheap oats, and charge so much for it its funny. Make your own "gainer", toss a scoop or two of your favorite protein, a half cup oats, banana - or half, milk, and proceed to profit.

I love hitting the gym twice, these last ten days have felt awesome :pimp:

Last edited:
Is it healthy to work out six days a week and rest on sunday?
I would work different muscle groups to not wear out my body each day.
Does that sound good?

Does that sound good?

Just try it out and see what works for you. I train 4-5 days a week (depending on how I feel) with hard cardio 3 days a week and feel great most of the time. And since your working out 6 days a week you're probably gonna be hitting the same body parts 2x a week which has honestly given me great results.

About to start insanity and lifting today. Last time I did this, **** was money

Does that sound good?

Just try it out and see what works for you. I train 4-5 days a week (depending on how I feel) with hard cardio 3 days a week and feel great most of the time. And since your working out 6 days a week you're probably gonna be hitting the same body parts 2x a week which has honestly given me great results.

This is interesting. I would like to see if anyone else has insight on this. I used to work out 6 days a week or so. I would be active every day. Cardio on rest days. But i wasn't seeing any actual gains. It probably had to do with not eating enough given how much i was working out. But i have noticed my chest getting a little bigger the past 3 weeks since i started a 2 day (actual rest) split. I may do light cardio and some abs on rest day but no more 4 mile runs trying to get under 32 mins.

I remember reading that your body grows on rest days. And when i heard that i was like well lets give this rest thing a try. I hate not being active since when i get off work all i want to do is relieve stress at the gym. But it has helped to take 2 days "off"

Last edited:
thank you for your honesty. i appreciate it. respectfully noted. ya, i knew the first couple were going to be a bit shaky until i got used to it and go the ball rolling. (i do come off as a douche btw) but i am a nice guy, promise! where do you suggest i start. there's so much ground to cover and i just want to make sure i last for the long haul and don't run out of material. do you suggest starting with diet or with what the channel is going to be about?

iLLest!
SWA. I read in the thread that you are my brother. 
laugh.gif
  So I am more than sure, you are a nice dude. 

Anyhow, telling you how to do your video is something I can't tell you bro.  Just come up with an objective and focus on how you want you want to target your objective. How you want to reach out your audience. Just put yourself in the audience shoes. What will it take for you to keep watching your own videos. What makes your videos different from others...

Try coming up with a theme...For instance a couple of days for one week you want to elaborate on the basic fundamental of preparing your workouts...Mentally, Warm-Ups, stretching before and afterwards (and it's importance), form, gym etiquette, materials (gym bag, towels, juices, etc) etc...

Maybe make one day to do Q&A, where you answers most common asked questions the most in the thread or among your peers...Do like two to three questions, answer them in the video and show us...You provide so much material in this thread...just do the same in your videos. Research. MAKE IT FUN. Add humor.  Believe there's a lot of material that can be used.  Hell even talk about what to do and not do to get yambs in the gym (laughing, as a joke)

Don't make it so hard on yourself....Like I said I commend you on this.  I hope you stick through with it and keep posting the videos.  It'll come together eventually. 

Peace.

^^aintnobodygottimefodat.GIF^^

:lol:

Was going to do my usual 2x day, but this morning will be a busy one, ill be there this afternoon only.

Took a day off yesterday, ready to get back in there today.

Gonna kill my chest, CANT WAIT 
pimp.gif

Did shoulders this morning.  I worked out with a partner for the first time.......LAWD!!!!!.....it was amazing.

Pushed for every single forced rep!

AWESOME SHOULDER WORKOUT TODAY.

ALSO ADDED CALVES, FOREARMS AND ABS (SO BORING).

I DID INCLINE SIT UPS (NO WEIGHT) AND I CRAMPED UP BADLY THE FIRST REP!!!

FOR THOSE IN THE MEDICAL OR SPORTS SCIENCE FIELD, CAN U AWARE ME ON "SHORT ABS".

A BUDDY OF MINE SAID THAT MIGHT BE WHY I CRAMP SO EASILY.

I RULED OUT DEHYDRATION BC IVE DRINK WATER LIKE CRAZY AND IT SURPRISED ME THAT I CRAMPED UP SO SHARPLY.

THANKS

Hurt my back over winter break so I haven't done back in about a month. Killed it yesterday and I'm so sore now it hurts to lift my arms up all the way :lol:

...that call I was waiting for at the hall didn't turn out -_-

Gonna go now, do MY workout, then back at 3ish with my GF and do her Jamie Eason routine :lol:

FOR THOSE IN THE MEDICAL OR SPORTS SCIENCE FIELD, CAN U AWARE ME ON "SHORT ABS".

I RULED OUT DEHYDRATION BC IVE DRINK WATER LIKE CRAZY AND IT SURPRISED ME THAT I CRAMPED UP SO SHARPLY.

THANKS

you might be low on potassium.

THANKS

BESIDES A MULTI & SUPPS

WHAT ARE WHOLE FOODS THAT CAN HELP ME OUT WITH SUCH A DEFICIENCY.

I DONT DRINK MILK AND KEEP FRUITS TO A MINIMUM

so ive recently started dieting and working out( started on the 6th) i was 258-260 i am now 253, but i have been that weight for about 3-4 days now sometimes my scale says 253.3-253.9 i feel like my stomach is getting tighter but this no change in weight is really discouraging, is it water weight or something?

my workout x2 a day everyday

4 sets of each

15 sit ups

10 push ups

30 cross body crunches( 15 for each side)

15 leg raises

help would greatly be appreciated not looking to get big just wanna lose weight

THANKS

BESIDES A MULTI & SUPPS

WHAT ARE WHOLE FOODS THAT CAN HELP ME OUT WITH SUCH A DEFICIENCY.

I DONT DRINK MILK AND KEEP FRUITS TO A MINIMUM
Spinach, potatoes (with skin), and salmon are some options.  Mushrooms too.  Bananas as you're probably aware of are pretty decent as well.

thank you for your honesty. i appreciate it. respectfully noted. ya, i knew the first couple were going to be a bit shaky until i got used to it and go the ball rolling. (i do come off as a douche btw) but i am a nice guy, promise! where do you suggest i start. there's so much ground to cover and i just want to make sure i last for the long haul and don't run out of material. do you suggest starting with diet or with what the channel is going to be about?

iLLest!
Yeah iLL, you my dude and everything but I didnt like the video at all. First the voiceover as opposed to you actually talking in the video threw me off a bit. If youre going to make a fitness channel, id tone down the jokes a bit and really focus on the actual workout. You can show your personality in the other videos you do, I think you should leave it out of a fitness one. Agreed that a little more structure would benefit your video a lot.

Personally I look at Scott Herman's (is that right? Sherman or Herman, something like that) videos. I can tell this guy is the biggest douche
laugh.gif
but his videos are on point.

THANKS

BESIDES A MULTI

Spinach, potatoes (with skin), and salmon are some options.  Mushrooms too.  Bananas as you're probably aware of are pretty decent as well.

yep and avocados, white beans (as wel as a bunch of other beans), yogurt, squash, etc.

for cutting weight, should i do cardio before or after lifting?

i've heard im supposed to get my heart rate up with cardio first and then lift immediately after but i have also heard the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom