STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I need some advice guys. I strained my hip flexor last night in capoieira class.

I wanted to know if there was any cardio exercise if any that I can do that wont aggravate the injury.

I was thinking rows might be safe.

I need some advice guys. I strained my hip flexor last night in capoieira class.

I wanted to know if there was any cardio exercise if any that I can do that wont aggravate the injury.

I was thinking rows might be safe.

This is going to sound bad and you prob won't do it.....but Arm Bike. I partially tore my hip flexor playing soccer a couple years back. One of the most awkward injuries ever.

I had physical therapy for it and they needed to ice massage it after doing exercises and stuff....yeah....you can imagine. But they use to have me walk backwards on tredmills. Walk at a super slow pace forward. And arm bike to get my heart rate up. It depends on how bad the injury is obviously on what you can and can't do.

This is going to sound bad and you prob won't do it.....but Arm Bike. I partially tore my hip flexor playing soccer a couple years back. One of the most awkward injuries ever.

I had physical therapy for it and they needed to ice massage it after doing exercises and stuff....yeah....you can imagine. But they use to have me walk backwards on tredmills. Walk at a super slow pace forward. And arm bike to get my heart rate up. It depends on how bad the injury is obviously on what you can and can't do.

Thanks alot bro. We dont have a arm bike at my or else I would give it a shot. I may try the walking backwards on the treadmill though. Its just really stiff right now with a slight pain. I can tell that its healing but I have a feeling that trying to work through the pain will make it alot worse.

I usually do 10 mins of cardio before lifting and 10 mins after. But I just read that it may be better just to super set all of my lifting exercises and do a extensive full body workout to get the same effects as cardio for the time being.

Do you think going backwards on a elliptical may help as well?

Need some quick input. Getting back into a lifting. Haven't really lifted in years since back when I ran track. Going for a compound routine full body workout ands wanted to know if there are different exercises someone would recommend:

Squat
Benchpress
Bent over rows or pullups
Deadlift
Military press
Dips
Curls
Calf raises
Abs

Probably switch out some for machines if they feel more comfortable doing. Probably have this as a 2 or 3 day routine and keep my usual running schedule.
Check out this link, it is Layne Norton's workout and very effective.

http://www.directlyfitness.com/2012/p-h-a-t-training-layne-nortons-workout-system/
Just started boxing classes. My legs have been jello for two days straight. Havent felt this way since before i tore my acl 3 years ago. Hoping to drop 20 lbs or so. 
I'm guessing it's your first time, I was looking to start taking classes as well, what do they have you do?

Last edited:
Another good workout today... only had 3 hours of sleep. I turned my mobile Internet off in the gym, and I notice my productivity went way up. No distractions at all.

Will be doing that a lot more often.

Go Ravens 
pimp.gif

Squated 315lbs for the first time ever. Was stuck at 305.

Thank you Freeze for the recommendations on cutting reps and pyramiding up. I actually did 2 sets of 2 at 315 and felt good about it. I probably will push a little more next time.

good job bro! keep killin it!

i try and eat one of these if i dont have a protein shake

tryna eat these moe after i lift and do the shake after i have track practice

Probably better to drink the shake after your lift, and the bar after track. Your muscles are going to need nutrients after lifting and, I'm pretty sure a shake would digest faster than a bar.

He said he only eats them IF he doesn't have a shake.

Thinking about doing the 12 week Gethin trainer instead of doing P90X

Just saw day one, **** looks intense :lol:

Thoughts?

Thinking about doing the 12 week Gethin trainer instead of doing P90X

Just saw day one, **** looks intense :lol:

Thoughts?

Did his 4-week Trainer and loved the results. You'll definitely have to eat a TON to keep the energy up to perform. But If you follow what he says, you will achieve results.

Mannnnn I don't know what some of yall taste buds are like.. but sheesh that vanilla ice cream ON Protein is good!

How many protein shakes do you guys drink a day???

I was planning on only drinking immediately after my daily workout. Should I do more than that?

Squated 315lbs for the first time ever. Was stuck at 305.

Thank you Freeze for the recommendations on cutting reps and pyramiding up. I actually did 2 sets of 2 at 315 and felt good about it. I probably will push a little more next time.

I'll be there soon.

How many protein shakes do you guys drink a day???

I was planning on only drinking immediately after my daily workout. Should I do more than that?

I only drink it after workouts.

when you guys eat your oats, are you eating just regular quaker rolled oaks, quick oats? Is there anything that will make either of the two taste slightly better?

Going to do all machines for the next 2 weeks other than my pullups/pushups/situps just to switch it up a little

Last edited:
Did his 4-week Trainer and loved the results. You'll definitely have to eat a TON to keep the energy up to perform. But If you follow what he says, you will achieve results.

I'm finishing week 2 of DTP. I'm LOVING it so far. Mentally/physically taxing, but that's what I want. I just tried it to switch things up a bit. I'm always trying new workouts, but I'm a fan of Gethin after doing this. I'm probably going to try his 12 week trainer after I wrap up these DTPs.

when you guys eat your oats, are you eating just regular quaker rolled oaks, quick oats? Is there anything that will make either of the two taste slightly better?

I use this:

McCann%27s_Steel_Cut_Irish_Oatmeal_tin.jpg

I add a little brown sugar and bananas.

Back
Top Bottom