STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Any of you guys workout then go to bed? I'm thinking on if I joint a big chain gym would it be best to go late in evening to avoid crowd? I usually go to sleep at 11 or 1130 so go to the gym at 7 get out by 930 drink a shake then get ready for bed. In doing this I would have to stop doing IF

i do the same, i get out the gym around 12/12:30

end up sleeping around 2 or later.

no problem at all

i have a lot of problem filling in my collarbone area....i have a pretty decent chest but my collarbone still pops out
any help guys?

Anyone in this thread a pt? Any tips or advice for someone looking to become one?

I'm studying for my test now. I have a bs in exercise science but I haven't opened a course related book or used my degree career wise since junior year abt 3 years ago. If u have no background I suggest picking up an anatomy book before picking up any pt material cuz most I've seen assume u already hav some knowledge on anatomy. If u have any more ?'s pm me.

+

Best on the market and cheap.

Take one caffenine pill and one primatene to gauge your tolerence then eventually ramp up to one caf pill and two primatenes three times a day.

**** has me ready to run through a wall and stopped me from throwing up while working out.
I've heard about people using Ephedrine for working out.. Isn't it used just to help your breathing?

^ It's a beta blocker, it elevates body temp and blood pressure and added to the caffeine is a pretty powerful appetite suppressant. So you burn fat while you have no appetite to eat. makes your adrenaline pump as well. strength gains have been reported.

Ephedrine is a much like caffeine but stronger. It's illegal here in Belgium and substituted with pseudo-ephedrine.

It's only available in certain prescription pills for a cold (example: Sinutab Forte). My local pharmacist makes his own cough syrup with pseudo-ephedrine in it but the sedative feeling of the cough syrup overpowers it resulting in a mix of tiredness and racing heartbeat. Less than a spoon of the stuff makes my heart go faster than a preworkout like Noxipro.

Useless unless you get it in pure form and even then it's not exactly healthy for you, far from it. Very effective for fat burning though, with the added energy as a bonus obviously.

Last edited:
^ It's a beta blocker, it elevates body temp and blood pressure and added to the caffeine is a pretty powerful appetite suppressant. So you burn fat while you have no appetite to eat. makes your adrenaline pump as well. strength gains have been reported.
Ephedrine is not a beta blocker.

I'm only a doctor, but DO NOT MESS WITH POTENTIALLY HARMFUL DRUGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

Anyone in this thread a pt? Any tips or advice for someone looking to become one?

Most certifications will get your foot in the door at big franchise gyms. For beginners to earn experience it's great, but if you want to deal with athletes (strength coach, for example) it's not going to get you there. The information presented may not be enough to be successful and get results.

You should be keeping up with research and new information if you want to be successful. There are a number of good courses that condense material into a few day seminars such as Charles Poliquin's programs (PICP and Biosignature), OPT (James Fitzgerald), and even Crossfit has some good courses (the specialty ones). There are a number of good books on the subject, but nothing replaces going to a good seminar. Staying up to date on the subject is essential because most people think all personal trainers are the same and give the same results, but you need to prove otherwise.

I've noticed that many people go into the field because of the low barrier for entry (certifications are easy to get) thinking that they can earn some quick cash. These people ruin the field for people that want to use a more intelligent and scientific approach. Of course, you also have too many trainers overstepping their legal boundaries, offering "nutritional consultations", "rehab", and even "sports medicine" to their clients. If you play by the rules, eventually there is a ceiling, and I think some people interested in the field are better served by training to become physical therapists, sports medicine physicians, dietitians, or other health care professions that deal with (somewhat) similar issues.

I decided not to go the personal trainer route because of the problems in the industry. I still enjoy reading about these topics and taking seminars, but I would never want to work in the same industry as some of the clowns that you find marketing themselves as "experts" in the industry.

If you're interested in the field, here are some good tips by Charles Poliquin, a very successful strength coach:
http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Arti...Want_to_Be_a_Successful_Personal_Trainer.aspx

http://us.cpoliquin.com/product_p/chp_podcast_4.htm

If any of you are familiar with John Broz, I think you will enjoy this blog. Hilarious comments by the man himself:
http://youtubebroz.tumblr.com/

Any of you guys workout then go to bed? I'm thinking on if I joint a big chain gym would it be best to go late in evening to avoid crowd? I usually go to sleep at 11 or 1130 so go to the gym at 7 get out by 930 drink a shake then get ready for bed. In doing this I would have to stop doing IF

I used to go at like 8-9 and be done at 10-1030. I go to sleep at like 2-5 AM though lol

Last edited:
probably crossfit lol
This immediately comes to mind lol.

In other news, bought myself a new tub of Craze. 
pimp.gif

Seems like they upped the price though, paid almost $50 for a tub when I could've sworn it was only like $35 last year.

Last edited:
Just smashed some chips, a pop tart and english muffin with jelly.

Feelsgoodman, I gotta get out my mind that whenever I eat ******, I'll lose my gains lol

Most certifications will get your foot in the door at big franchise gyms. For beginners to earn experience it's great, but if you want to deal with athletes (strength coach, for example) it's not going to get you there. The information presented may not be enough to be successful and get results.

You should be keeping up with research and new information if you want to be successful. There are a number of good courses that condense material into a few day seminars such as Charles Poliquin's programs (PICP and Biosignature), OPT (James Fitzgerald), and even Crossfit has some good courses (the specialty ones). There are a number of good books on the subject, but nothing replaces going to a good seminar. Staying up to date on the subject is essential because most people think all personal trainers are the same and give the same results, but you need to prove otherwise.

I've noticed that many people go into the field because of the low barrier for entry (certifications are easy to get) thinking that they can earn some quick cash. These people ruin the field for people that want to use a more intelligent and scientific approach. Of course, you also have too many trainers overstepping their legal boundaries, offering "nutritional consultations", "rehab", and even "sports medicine" to their clients. If you play by the rules, eventually there is a ceiling, and I think some people interested in the field are better served by training to become physical therapists, sports medicine physicians, dietitians, or other health care professions that deal with (somewhat) similar issues.

I decided not to go the personal trainer route because of the problems in the industry. I still enjoy reading about these topics and taking seminars, but I would never want to work in the same industry as some of the clowns that you find marketing themselves as "experts" in the industry.

If you're interested in the field, here are some good tips by Charles Poliquin, a very successful strength coach:
http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Arti...Want_to_Be_a_Successful_Personal_Trainer.aspx

http://us.cpoliquin.com/product_p/chp_podcast_4.htm

If any of you are familiar with John Broz, I think you will enjoy this blog. Hilarious comments by the man himself:
http://youtubebroz.tumblr.com/

Whats the money like?

edit - my bad I thought you said you went into PT.

Last edited:

i do the same, i get out the gym around 12/12:30

end up sleeping around 2 or later.

no problem at all

what are you guys doing in the gym for 2.5 hours?

Ephedrine is not a beta blocker.

I'm only a doctor, but DO NOT MESS WITH POTENTIALLY HARMFUL DRUGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

My mistake, beta-antagonist.

but yea, you're right doc.

Got a bit of a sweet tooth and I discover this tonight. Just a couple spoonfuls does the trick before bed. Can't see myself eating the whole pint even tho it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

And nealraj great info. I have a structured plan and it starts with doing some pt while I retake some prereqs to get into physical therapy school over the next year or two.

Got a bit of a sweet tooth and I discover this tonight. Just a couple spoonfuls does the trick before bed. Can't see myself eating the whole pint even tho it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

i need to try that!
looks expensive though

Back
Top Bottom