STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

just spoke with a dude that was sayin to take protein 3 times a day. 1 for breakfast, 1 as a snack throughout the day and 1 after my workout (2 scoops each time)...

my goal is to cut a substantial amount of fat and tone up/become a leaner me. i've been workin out for awhile and i'm building muscle buts its takin some time for the more fatty areas to slim. i was/have been only takin in 1 shake after my workout.

my question is, will me jumpin to 3 shakes a day help me add more muscle which i THINK would aid in burning fat, or would it just make me fatter/heavier in a way i dont want?

also, im currently takin whey protein when i think for someone in my position, i should be takin an isolate b/c they are less fatty/low cal than reg whey protein...

i figure, if i am gonna take a shake 3 times a day, it'd be better to go the isolate route as opposed to str8 up whey.

currently 5'8- 190.

target- a solid/firm 165-170. dont think i could realistically get much lighter than that considering my frame (kinda like mike tyson or sean garret) and how much muscle im building right now...

whatcha got for me?
Bro science.  And seriously, be careful with your kidneys and excessive protein intake.  

Stopped going to the gym to play GTA and during that time cut my whey protein and creatine intake entirely...

I've never seen my body respond to something so quickly.

Those feels..

Stopped going to the gym to play GTA and during that time cut my whey protein and creatine intake entirely...

I've never seen my body respond to something so quickly.

Those feels..

Explain

530p flight manana for the Olympia :pimp:

My dufflebags are ready! All your samples and shirts are belong to me! Can't wait to see what crazy deals they start running once closing time looms, those guys HATE hauling that **** back :lol:

just spoke with a dude that was sayin to take protein 3 times a day. 1 for breakfast, 1 as a snack throughout the day and 1 after my workout (2 scoops each time)...

my goal is to cut a substantial amount of fat and tone up/become a leaner me. i've been workin out for awhile and i'm building muscle buts its takin some time for the more fatty areas to slim. i was/have been only takin in 1 shake after my workout.

my question is, will me jumpin to 3 shakes a day help me add more muscle which i THINK would aid in burning fat, or would it just make me fatter/heavier in a way i dont want?

whatcha got for me?
Been wondering the same thing.  I dropped 40 lbs. and then added about 5 lbs of muscle.  I am 6'1" and about 185 lbs.  I started doing morning bootcamps 5-6 days a week and lift about three times a week to help maintain and develop muscle mass.  I feel like I am pretty lean and am in the 10% body fat range.  I still fill like I have a small layer to work through to get the cuts I  want.  I eat pretty clean and I have been thinking about taking more protein to help build and maintain muscle mass, but because my journey started with weight loss I have a issue with heavy eating.  Also when I do take shakes after workouts at night my appetite is dead.  I only drink water, prep most meals with lean meats and veggies, eat good carbs, workout everyday and even off days try to get light cardio or something in.  Gonna get with a trainer next week or so, but any advice on getting those film room cuts?

10% body fat? Not trying to call you out or anything, but I highly doubt that, you should have some nice definition at 10%. Plus I doubt you're at 10% if you have issues with heavy eating.

Switch up your routine, keep grinding, it's a marathon not a sprint. You dropped 40 lbs, be proud of that.

JRodski- Might want to overhaul other parts of your diet. Keep track of your macros/calories. Protein isn't a magic potion.

pick 2 body parts per day with at least 24-48 hrs before you do the same body part again for the week, do 3-4 workouts per body part (for a total of 6-8 in the workout session) = Profit.
Been doing this for my cut, and it's been working tremendously.

Of course, I also dedicate a couple of days for cardio and core exercises (kettle exercises too).

With the proper diet, I think you'll see the changes you want.

Question - I've never bought pre-workout supps before. I've tried C4 before from a buddy and it does work.

Now as I cut, I think a lil pre-workout supp will help, but to those with experience... is it necessary?

Have any of you used pre-workout supps and preferred to go au natural afterwards? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bro science.  And seriously, be careful with your kidneys and excessive protein intake.  
thanks bruh. big help...
eyes.gif
You only really need 0.6 to 0.8 of protein per pound for the average male to maintain.  You can go up to 1 gram to help build muscle.

As far as taking a shake (2) scoops x 3 times a day, why not try to eat your protein in the form of lean meats?

Just my two cents

Last edited:
Lol dudes stay throwing around these body fat % numbers. I have no idea what mine is nor care.

10% body fat? Not trying to call you out or anything, but I highly doubt that, you should have some nice definition at 10%. Plus I doubt you're at 10% if you have issues with heavy eating.

Switch up your routine, keep grinding, it's a marathon not a sprint. You dropped 40 lbs, be proud of that.

JRodski- Might want to overhaul other parts of your diet. Keep track of your macros/calories. Protein isn't a magic potion.
545581_496192857084475_1220189515_n.jpg
575220_386580094712419_1291775306_n.jpg

This was back in February.  I like the way I look in the pic, but I don't feel like that is how I look most of the time...I was actually surprised when I looked at the photo.  Trust me I am not complaining, but I have that fat kid syndrome.  No matter what I feel like the same chubby kid I used to be.  If I could maintain the look in the pic I would be happy, but I got it in that day. In the pic I had not started lifting...I do a lot of bootcamps (all HIIT and bodyweight movements), which I think is a fine line...depending on the classes I feel it tends to hinder building muscle mass so I am trying to get into lifting to keep some bulk on me.

Wish there was a new gym close by I good join ive had 3 altercations in the last 6 days that almost turned into blows if I was about that life

Last weds im doing legs and im on the leg press there’s 2 lp right next to each other in my gym in on my 2nd to last set the other lp was empty the entire time and dude comes over and gets on it (no big deal) the actual lp didn’t have any weight on it but it did have abt 8-10 plates on the “hangers” I get done w/ my set go to find 2 more plates and get 2 off of the “hangers” off the other lp dude stops me and says those are his? So I say you aren’t using them so there mine know. My not seem like a big deal but I would never have the nerve to tell someone to not use that weight that im not even currently using

The next day I set my stuff down on the Stairmaster put my water in the cup holder get ready to start my 30 mins of cardio but before I start I felt the urge to pee so walk 15 ft to the bathroom u can literally lk at the bathroom from the Stairmaster so its nt like I left the machine unattended for a long time I come out the bathroom and this 15-16 year old kid has taken all of my stuff off the machine and moved my bag to the middle of the floor I wanted to yank the kid off the machine by his hair but again im not abt that life

And Monday I was doing chest I was doing db chest press on one of those benches that u can change the angle on I literally just got on it and was finishing my 1st set w/ 95’s my water as well as my ipod is sitting next to the bench (wireless earbuds) I go to rerack the weights and grab the 90’s as im walking back some dude proceeded to change the angle of the bench and sit down im standing there w/ my 90s in hand and say Im still using that and he just lks at me doesn’t say anything I go a little louder hey I wasn’t done he cont to just stare then says “you are” real rudely and walks away mind you he doesn’t even fix the angle of the bench and was drenched in sweat when he sat down I standing straight up drop the 90’s as loud as I can and fix the bench, wipe his sweat off, mind I was fuming at this time wanted to cancel my membership and beat the **** out of this dude

Yes I know super cool story and I apologize for the abbreviations and lack of punctuation

How would that thing judge your body fat? I always wonder how those things know to separate fat and muscle.. but yea you look about 10% in that pic. just minor tweaks ill take you to 8-9ish. then if you want lower..you have to get pretty strict and keep track of those #'s. Which...is ok...but...if you aren't competing...it's an unnecessary pain in the butt. Plus, typical women don't really dig guys that low. Your avg female has no conception of the body fat from 7%-13% lol.

Wish there was a new gym close by I good join ive had 3 altercations in the last 6 days that almost turned into blows if I was about that life

Last weds im doing legs and im on the leg press there’s 2 lp right next to each other in my gym in on my 2nd to last set the other lp was empty the entire time and dude comes over and gets on it (no big deal) the actual lp didn’t have any weight on it but it did have abt 8-10 plates on the “hangers” I get done w/ my set go to find 2 more plates and get 2 off of the “hangers” off the other lp dude stops me and says those are his? So I say you aren’t using them so there mine know. My not seem like a big deal but I would never have the nerve to tell someone to not use that weight that im not even currently using

The next day I set my stuff down on the Stairmaster put my water in the cup holder get ready to start my 30 mins of cardio but before I start I felt the urge to pee so walk 15 ft to the bathroom u can literally lk at the bathroom from the Stairmaster so its nt like I left the machine unattended for a long time I come out the bathroom and this 15-16 year old kid has taken all of my stuff off the machine and moved my bag to the middle of the floor I wanted to yank the kid off the machine by his hair but again im not abt that life

And Monday I was doing chest I was doing db chest press on one of those benches that u can change the angle on I literally just got on it and was finishing my 1st set w/ 95’s my water as well as my ipod is sitting next to the bench (wireless earbuds) I go to rerack the weights and grab the 90’s as im walking back some dude proceeded to change the angle of the bench and sit down im standing there w/ my 90s in hand and say Im still using that and he just lks at me doesn’t say anything I go a little louder hey I wasn’t done he cont to just stare then says “you are” real rudely and walks away mind you he doesn’t even fix the angle of the bench and was drenched in sweat when he sat down I standing straight up drop the 90’s as loud as I can and fix the bench, wipe his sweat off, mind I was fuming at this time wanted to cancel my membership and beat the **** out of this dude

Yes I know super cool story and I apologize for the abbreviations and lack of punctuation

You're a nice guy bro. Don't change. I'm filled with so much testosterone in the gym, I go hulk mode 0-100 in 3.4 seconds, like 'Raise the **** up off my bench homie, that's my ****!' Stairmaster, I'd have unplugged that. Dude talked about his weight, I'd have simply said, '**** up'. Lol I have to put myself in a dark place when I'm lifting, rage gives me strength, so its best if I'm just left alone lol. People at my gyms are typically courteous and respectful though besides the occasional dickhead.

Goddamnit I always get stuck on the last post on last page. :lol:
I'm currently 221, 26 lbs from my goal.
Originally down from 280.

I started a full time job recently and I realized I can't eem make it till 930 without a headache, I gotta eat breakfast.

What's a healthy breakfast?

This was back in February.  I like the way I look in the pic, but I don't feel like that is how I look most of the time...I was actually surprised when I looked at the photo.  Trust me I am not complaining, but I have that fat kid syndrome.  No matter what I feel like the same chubby kid I used to be.  If I could maintain the look in the pic I would be happy, but I got it in that day. In the pic I had not started lifting...I do a lot of bootcamps (all HIIT and bodyweight movements), which I think is a fine line...depending on the classes I feel it tends to hinder building muscle mass so I am trying to get into lifting to keep some bulk on me.

You made it sound like you were some former chubster with an eating problem, from the looks of it you're far from it. Even though, that BF% may be off a bit with those readers.

Those bioelectrical impedance tools work by sending an electric current through your body tissues and measure the resistance of the electrical current through water in your tissues. The more muscle the faster the signal returns, the more fat the more the signal is resisted. It can be accurate to an extent but it needs to be used on an empty stomach, pre-workout, an not dehydrated or full of water either. Using it first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom will give you it's most accurate measure. Still not as good as others though.

Idk maybe I'm just that alpha but I never got tried at the gym lololol

Previous to this last week, I never have been either. Ive been going to this gym for 3+ years at the same time of day 5-7 days a wk and I don’t even know any ones name never talked to a sole I go in there with my nike ko hoodie and headphones on, train and get out the closest I ever came to a convo is “how many sets u got left” and “where did u get them shoes at” lately the pace seems to over run w/ kids and newbs and from my understanding of when I signed up you had to be companied by an adult or over the age of 18 to be there but since then its changed to la fitness so the rules may have changed

one small annoying thing about progress is when the gym rats notice. 

i find myself spotting the beasts more often now.

feels good but at the same time yo go ask someone else.

lol jk thought. for the quiet folks here, dont be afraid to somewhat interact w like minded people.

just dont turn it into a damb talk session

anybody excited for the show of shows this year (OLYMPIA)??? I'm rootin for Kai. ughhhhhhhhh THAT BEASTTTTTTTTTTT

Back
Top Bottom