STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

No jab at your coach but ofcourse he going to tell u that to see results in you but its still a business. He knows when you're losing you keep him employed plus word of mouth.
When that weight gain comes back quick... ypu going to want to hire him again. Vicious cycle.

Quote:

I've been cutting. 1800 cals most days- basically hit 180ish g of protein then whatever else. Sort of an IF approach- I skip breakfast and lunch so I can eat one or two larger meals at night + a couple shakes or whatever else to up the protein.

It sucks. I'm on a lot of stims to help curb the hunger. I'm sick of being 300+ lbs. Goal is 250 for now (easy to cut to the 242 weight class, just wish that weight class wasn't so stacked with talent, haha). If I can keep my numbers where they are then as a 242 they'll actually be kinda impressive.

Gonna make it.
Use these two calculators

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

They're a good baseline to see how much you should be cutting at.

Anyone else do intermittent fasting?

this is the physique I'm going after. Going to start back working out. Any tips or workouts that I can do to achieve this?

did it on my cut. 3k calories. 3 meals. 17 hour window. Loved it
Awesome. I'm doing 20/4 currently. Also working out fasted. Not too bad actually.

Is HIIT still favored over LISS as far as fat burning is concerned?  Or is a good mix of the two encouraged?

Been wondering.

How's the homie and thread started cincoseisdos cincoseisdos been doing? I remember his fitness goals were derailed by life and certain medical conditions, but he was determined not to let it stop him. Any updates fam?

Bruh, I hate when you go hoop, and everyone on the ******* court wants to run and gun, fast break off the inbound and be Russell Westbrook.

Like, bruh, everyone can't be THE MAN. Nobody wants to slow the pace of the game down, move the ball. Get a rhythm and work everyone into the flow of the game. Everyone wants to play hero ball from the first check. Like what the **** son.

**** had me so pissed. Me and a guy I was running with got into it because I cam down and slowed the pace of the game down trying to set up an organized offense, because we were down by 4 points. Dude gets mad cause I'm not running straight to the basket even though I brought the ball down. :stoneface:

I just wanted to move the ball around the floor... Play real basketball :smh:

/rant

I'm going to take my frustrations out on the weights tonight. Vegetal SSJ theme will be played, gains will occur.

Bruh, I hate when you go hoop, and everyone on the court wants to run and gun, fast break off the inbound and be Russell Westbrook.

Like, bruh, everyone can't be THE MAN. Nobody wants to slow the pace of the game down, move the ball. Get a rhythm and work everyone into the flow of the game. Everyone wants to play hero ball from the first check. Like what the son.

had me so pissed. Me and a guy I was running with got into it because I cam down and slowed the pace of the game down trying to set up an organized offense, because we were down by 4 points. Dude gets mad cause I'm not running straight to the basket even though I brought the ball down. :stoneface:

I just wanted to move the ball around the floor... Play real basketball :smh:

/rant

I'm going to take my frustrations out on the weights tonight. Vegetal SSJ theme will be played, gains will occur.

People are real disillusioned these days while playing basketball.. I was hooping yesterday.. I was out scoring the person I was guarding and my team was winning but this disillusioned fool actually believed that he was "schooling" me.. Damn fool.. :rofl:

BTW: Our team was slowed pace while the opponent team was run n gun..

He aint telling you everything man.

Trust us, cutting THAT low will negatively affect your metabolism and when you eat normal again you are going to gain a little weight back. What happene when you see progress then the progress stops, then you gain weight again? Youre gonna lose motivation, get off track and really let go again. Its a snowball affect.

Cut slow, I understand you wanna see progress, but you wanna do it the right way or youre gonna end up in the same position you are now. I lost 50lbs last year and have kept it off. Small goals man, this isnt a race, its a marathon. Dont just think about the goal, enjoy the journey, once you do thst it becomes a lifestyle and youll really be healthy and fit (and be able to keep it off).

How long would you have to cut THAT low for to do metabolic damage? It's obviously not ideal but I'd imagine the body wouldn't go crazy after a week or 2.

At a certain point, wouldn't the main risk just be losing muscle as well as fat?

Actually curious. It seems like a lot of people preach calories in - calories out and how that's all that matters but switch stances when someone does something that they don't agree with.

Been doing full body workouts the past 3 weeks. Notice I'm less sore and gaining strength each week. Funny how when I'm doing just cardio I lose weight so slow, but lifting I drop weight like crazy.

Been doing full body workouts the past 3 weeks. Notice I'm less sore and gaining strength each week. Funny how when I'm doing just cardio I lose weight so slow, but lifting I drop weight like crazy.

If only people understood cardio isn't the superior option

You sound out of shape lol

Well I do have asthma :lol:

That's part of the reason why I like to slow things down, but at the same time, there's bo shot clock, why are we running down court just to chuck up a shot and give the other team a quicker opportunity to get the ball back?

Na'amean?

I takes a while to "ruin" the metabolsim. But were just saying. That 1800 when ypure 300lb is a heck of a drop and not necessary. Especially when youre skipping meals just to make others bigger

Well I do have asthma :lol:

That's part of the reason why I like to slow things down, but at the same time, there's bo shot clock, why are we running down court just to chuck up a shot and give the other team a quicker opportunity to get the ball back?

Na'amean?

Jeff VanGundy must of had asthma when he was coaching the Rockets.

How long would you have to cut THAT low for to do metabolic damage? It's obviously not ideal but I'd imagine the body wouldn't go crazy after a week or 2.

At a certain point, wouldn't the main risk just be losing muscle as well as fat?

Actually curious. It seems like a lot of people preach calories in - calories out and how that's all that matters but switch stances when someone does something that they don't agree with.

The risk is gaining it all back.

Im just saying what worked for me, obviously it wont work for everyone but in a general statement: calories in vs calories out is always the winning formula.

Which is why you either do HIIT or LISS.

Don't be a cardio bunny but it's nice being able to eat a lil more on a cut if I incorporate it.
Exactly, activate them fast twitch fibers

I do just enough cardio so that im not wheezing after 2 flights of stairs.Im not tryna lose these gains b

Back
Top Bottom