STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Nothing like hitting the gym after a lazy Halloween weekend. Not taking 3 days off straight for a while like that again. 

My gym just closes at 2 or 5 on minor holidays. Xmas and thanksgiving are the only days they close.

Yea halloweens not a "holiday"

Last edited:
Christmas*

But yeah Halloween is dumb as ****
laugh.gif
 unless you have kids.

I thought Boss was just gonna get us all rollies. We decided this was easier for logistical purposes

The last Christmas day workout was horrible. I think it was something like 12 burpees 12 kettlebell swings and 12 sit-ups, 12 rounds. I'd love to do it again though lol

Don't worry about supplements, first off. They're supplements.. meant to help but not going to be the difference maker for you. What you're taking is fine, don't worry about adding anything else.

You don't have time for daily meal prep you said.. do you have time for weekly? I understand the full time school and full time work, but if you can carve out an hour or so on the weekends, you can have your meals prepped and ready to go throughout the week. Check out reddit.com/r/mealprepsunday for helpful tips/pictures. 

Something as simple as making up a big batch of steel cut oatmeal that takes 30 minutes on Sunday night. Throw in some cinnamon, spices, whatever you like, then you can eat that in the morning with a protein shake and that won't take long at all. Throw it in the microwave, make you shake, done in 2 minutes. If you can prep your lunch ahead of time, you could do a whole wheat tortilla or bread, with some turkey/chicken/tuna/lettuce, tomato, you can prep ahead small salads too. Snack wise, you can use nuts, a protein shake, an apple, etc. Dinners are the same way. If you don't have time to cook daily, then just make up a big batch of rice, cooked up some ground turkey, lean ground beef, chicken, maybe some black beans, then make sure you have plenty of vegetables (buy the steam in bag that you can throw in the microwave). You can prep dinner for the week in under 30 minutes.

Eggs, greek yogurt, nuts, lean meats (chicken, turkey breast, lean ground beef), whole wheat bread, green vegetables, rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal. Are all things that you can use to prepare things ahead of time. I know when you're busy, it feels like you don't have any time.. but it will save you SO much money and be better for your health if you can carve out 60-90 minutes a week and you can prep 5 days worth of meals.  Go to iifym.com and use their calculator to estimate your target calories and macros.

Quest bars are my go-to snack when I need to eat something on the go. Good macros, can be pricey but buy a box and it's 2 bucks a bar, not terrible. An apple and handful of nuts will also be your best friend for snacks. You need as much sleep as possible, you can't cheat that. Manage your caffeine to help give you boosts throughout the day. Eat your breakfast, then have a cup a little while after.. have your lunch, then a couple hours later have another coffee or tea, maybe a cup later in the evening (depending on your sensitivity). Keep it as black as possible, a little sugar won't kill you, but I mean a little (a couple of teaspoons) and a little milk or half/half. 

If you have to eat on the go and don't have anything prepared, just try to keep the macros in mind. Find something that's got as much protein as possible, that doesn't have excessive carbs, and as much veggies as possible.

For someone with as little time as you, it makes the most sense to find some time to meal prep weekly. It'll make your life so much easier, save you money, and be better for your health.
This is exactly the type of tips and advice I'm seeking. I will definitely look into this. About time to change some bad habits. :smh:

Really appreciate it. Good looking out NT fam.

I'm gonna set it up this week :lol:

No Ironman tho he might give someone a lump of coal or a book of self righteous scoffs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom