STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What The Health really had me gassed up and ready to try a vegan diet until I read an article about their inflating and misrepresenting statistics and wrongful claims.

Dude was really out here saying an egg a day is as bad as 5 cigarettes. I flipped when I heard that.

I'm devouring me a hefty dose of Chipotle tomorrow WITH CHEESE.

However, I will say I still want to ramp up the fresh produce in my diet and switch to almond milk. Cow's milk doesn't sit right with me anymore.

I cannot commit on the Vegan portion of your statement, however fresh produce is always great. Can't beat all the micronutrients.

Dudes looked like those alt right goofs in charlottesville too
That is about 2 hours from my house, we have an office out there I sometimes have to visit.
What The Health really had me gassed up and ready to try a vegan diet until I read an article about their inflating and misrepresenting statistics and wrongful claims.
Wife and I watched that 2 weeks ago when her mom was over. I was watching but wasn't really believing any of it, you can spin numbers and facts to further your agenda as he pointed out in the video. Eating healthy does not require you to take the extremes he mentioned in the video.

The women that were miraculously cured after eating an all green diet, I dare say might of been suffering from mental illnesses. They thought they had something so they started showing signs of the illness. However eating more greens is always a good idea for the nutrients they provide, however cutting off meat. Naw not happening, I only took away the idea that I will further cut back on the pork. Coworker watched it to, he was all pumped up the first week, but then fell off his clean eating.

Yea I really need to step up my fresh produce too. Problem is my closest shop rites produce has been horrendous and Acme is really overpriced. Been sticking to the frozen steamables

You gonna be strong as hell after a few months brotha. Numbers gonna shoot up.

Thanks, man. Did Day 2 today and the feeling I have after a workout is so damn good. I didn't even notice that squats are included in every workout. Anybody know if a front barbell squat is interchangeable to a regular behind the neck version?

That standing OH Press is no joke too. Had to really lower my weight quite a bit to get the perfect balance of proper form and complete the 5x5 sets.

Looking forward to Day 3.

Yea I really need to step up my fresh produce too. Problem is my closest shop rites produce has been horrendous and Acme is really overpriced. Been sticking to the frozen steamables
As you already know frozen isn't as good, but have a longer shelf life. However frozen is better than none.

Thanks, man. Did Day 2 today and the feeling I have after a workout is so damn good. I didn't even notice that squats are included in every workout. Anybody know if a front barbell squat is interchangeable to a regular behind the neck version?

That standing OH Press is no joke too. Had to really lower my weight quite a bit to get the perfect balance of proper form and complete the 5x5 sets.

Looking forward to Day 3.

Front and back squat both good. I mix in both. Front focuses more on quads and upper back and backsquat focuses on glutes hips and lower back.

Can obviously do more weight with back but id mix in fronts after a while. Its definitely helped my backsquat along with zerchers.

Front and back squat both good. I mix in both. Front focuses more on quads and upper back and backsquat focuses on glutes hips and lower back.

Can obviously do more weight with back but id mix in fronts after a while. Its definitely helped my backsquat along with zerchers.

Thanks. Just did some research and I think I'll actually do a mix of them both. I'll just do regular ones on "A Days" and Front Squats on "B Days". Win-Win right there. I really like how easy the official app is too since I'm not the type to be wanting to bring a pen & paper with me to the gym every time.

Where does every body stay we could meet somewhere central.

Or a fitness expo they have them year round.

Frozen produce is better than fresh produce nutrients wise?

Can be. It seems it's dependent on the food. Whether your comparing food that was picked 5 mins ago vs produce in your store that was picked a week + ago. Some nutrients degrade fast. If you read on it the consensus seems to be eat whatever form you like and it makes little difference.

If stuff looks super fresh, of course I'm choosing that. If it looks like doo doo or is during the winter I'm going with frozen. Convenience is also a factor sometimes too.

Since NT only accepts scholarly sources :lol:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25526594/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25525668/

Can be. It seems it's dependent on the food. Whether your comparing food that was picked 5 mins ago vs produce in your store that was picked a week + ago. Some nutrients degrade fast. If you read on it the consensus seems to be eat whatever form you like and it makes little difference.

If stuff looks super fresh, of course I'm choosing that. If it looks like doo doo or is during the winter I'm going with frozen. Convenience is also a factor sometimes too.

That's cool , I never thought about that but makes sense

I believe him yo

Only the scholarliest.

Local commercial building donated this to us at work and it just came in. Gonna replace some of the stuff we currently have. Really looking forward to the lat pull down, pull up bar and cables for chest flys. And my boss is buying more floor mats so ya boy can DL while getting paid :pimp:

Attachments

• IMG_6935.JPG
    IMG_6935.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6936.JPG
    IMG_6936.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 13
Feel/Seem like I'm leaning out a bit for the first time in a while. I've been staying up with the tracking and added whey back into the back. Really helps get the macros up for me.

Tips for stretching lower back? Played flag football tonight, lower back was one FIRE :smh:

Cat/Cow, Downward Dog, and Child's Pose are go to's of mine. Especially Cat/Cow.

Worked back up to 315 for 5sets on squats today. Did some ohp... Tried 225 lol. Doubt I'll get it anytime soon. Barely got it to my chin.

Worked back up to 315 for 5sets on squats today. .

same. did 315 5x5.

decided to go back to my old golds gym i used to go to when i first started lifting. i guess these goes dont hit legs cause these dudes were looking at me as if they never saw anyone squat 315 before. :lol:

every now and then I like to go back to my old gym cause it motivates me..
i remember when i first started lifting at that gym i wa squatting one friday night with 185. 185 back then is what 315 feels like right now.
some filipino dude next to me who was alot bigger was hitting 225 for his working sets.. i remember thinking damn... i wish I could hit 225 and be strong like that... :rofl:

225 aint **** for squats :smh::lol:

same. did 315 5x5.

decided to go back to my old golds gym i used to go to when i first started lifting. i guess these goes dont hit legs cause these dudes were looking at me as if they never saw anyone squat 315 before. :lol:

every now and then I like to go back to my old gym cause it motivates me..
i remember when i first started lifting at that gym i wa squatting one friday night with 185. 185 back then is what 315 feels like right now.
some filipino dude next to me who was alot bigger was hitting 225 for his working sets.. i remember thinking damn... i wish I could hit 225 and be strong like that... :rofl:

225 aint **** for squats :smh::lol:

Word feels good lookin back at what you started at and where you at now.

Back
Top Bottom