STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Very nice. Sorry if you have posted this before, but what made you stop squatting in the first place? I am going to assume it was due to an injury.
ThanK you. Yeah, knee problems like everyone else here. I tore my meniscus, I believe...

And that's what I need... the soreness is starting to get a bit aggravating. When I first started lifting, I loved the feeling. Now, it's just getting on my nerves lol.

Dang dallas and then rich

Ct needs to pull through

There's more BCAAs in a turkey sandwich than a serving of BCAA supplements.

Further, I read somewhere that the amount of BCAAs in those supplements isn't nearly enough to provide the benefits of BCAAs.

That's why I never ventured into them. They look delicious though.
But you also don't just drink bcaa once a day. You're drinking it almost 3 times in between meals along with whatever is in most protein shakes.

Rip to Dallas and rich. What's more sad is both could've been prevented.

Read how rich died before commenting about juice and blah blah also please.

Don't care about either, just wanna be entertained and look at the memes and gifs after for lulz

Exactly how I thought the fight would be.

How high are you where you think you as an mma fighter are going to go in the ring and knock out a dude who is 49-0?

ThanK you. Yeah, knee problems like everyone else here. I tore my meniscus, I believe...

Glad to hear you are healed up and back to squatting.

But you also don't just drink bcaa once a day. You're drinking it almost 3 times in between meals along with whatever is in most protein shakes.

Rip to Dallas and rich. What's more sad is both could've been prevented.

Read how rich died before commenting about juice and blah blah also please.

If you are hitting your protein requirements for the day then BCAAs are not really needed. Alan Aragon has some great information on this topic.

Exactly how I thought the fight would be.

How high are you where you think you as an mma fighter are going to go in the ring and knock out a dude who is 49-0?

Haha that's what I was telling my buddies before and during the fight. I will say Connor going in with that "all or nothing" mentality really made it an entertaining fight.

I thought it was gonna be all talk and no work like the paquiao fight.

Ended up watching and man was that a fight. I was like oh s*** mcgregor going after his a**!! Laughed at all the times he went into UFC mode with the illegal hits :lol:. He couldn't help it. Didn't like how mayweather would take advantage of the illegal hits and turn his back so the ref would pull him away.

In the end mayweather had the better strategy knowing mcgregor would tire out. Not a fan of mayweather at all but seeing him go after someone and the respect at the end made me change my view on him a little.

Usually they make mayweather out to be the bad guy, not this time. He just let him run his mouth and was super chill about it all.

Tried out the cookies and cream halo top and it's not bad. Not sure why some of y'all hate it so much lol. Granted, the cookies and cream doesn't really taste like cookies and cream, it tastes more like a different vanilla. It's still good though

Usually they make mayweather out to be the bad guy, not this time. He just let him run his mouth and was super chill about it all.

I watched a good video about this during the PAC man fight. Floyd promotes his fights based off the other fighter. If the other fighter is over the top exuberant, he stays silent and let's the other guy sell the fight. If the other guy is super quiet and calm, Mayweather will be WWF clown status with trying to promote the fight. It's pretty funny.

Same style in the ring too. Bases his whole strategy and game plan on what other fighter does best.

Going to attempt squatting/deadlifting tomorrow. Gonna keep it light, but I want to get a feel for how my back is going to handle it. If it's still seizing up on my squats at 135 then I need to see someone.

Wish I betted on the fight. I had some bad news and forgot. I would've put up a whole K.

Thanks, @mdxbruh. I do, too.

I watched a good video about this during the PAC man fight. Floyd promotes his fights based off the other fighter. If the other fighter is over the top exuberant, he stays silent and let's the other guy sell the fight. If the other guy is super quiet and calm, Mayweather will be WWF clown status with trying to promote the fight. It's pretty funny.

Same style in the ring too. Bases his whole strategy and game plan on what other fighter does best.

Maybe he can't read very well but he seems like a smart dude.

Back in the gym after it being closed last week. Hit 305x1 on bench. Felt good af today 305 went up mad easy so i threw on 3plates after. Didnt have a spotter for 305 but i ask 1 of the few people in the gym for a spot for 315. This bozo grabs the bar midlift, i was pissed. Even if i couldnt hit it id like to know how close i was. Swear there needs to be a lesson on how to spot properly. Smfh.

Gym also got a trapbar.

2weeks left.

I googled different exercises to do with the hex bar...i wish they got this long time ago. So many dope variations to do and so little time left.

Gonna try ohp with it tomorrow and rows and pull ups with it on wednesday.

The bar says it weighs 80lbs but it felt a lot lighter than that. Is that usually how much they weigh? Never used one before and i always figured they were 45lbs.

Back in the gym after it being closed last week. Hit 305x1 on bench. Felt good af today 305 went up mad easy so i threw on 3plates after. Didnt have a spotter for 305 but i ask 1 of the few people in the gym for a spot for 315. This bozo grabs the bar midlift, i was pissed. Even if i couldnt hit it id like to know how close i was. Swear there needs to be a lesson on how to spot properly. Smfh.

Gym also got a trapbar.

2weeks left.

Lol I did the same thing minus the spotter did high volume flat bench

Pushed 315 x 2 first rep was smooth second was a little struggle i did like 3 working days before i got to that point then I did a bunch of chest accessory ish after that then hit my shoulders.

Trap bar is great I usually alternate between that and conventinal deadlifts. I feel it focuses a little more on the quads.

So I've learned a lot with tracking on this cut and how the body reacts, works, peforms etc. I was told that carbs post workout are very important.

But what if you unexpectedly almost hit your carb intake before working out? Still necessary to eat some after?

My girl decided to take advantage of the Chipotle bogo for lunch and that put me at 10g short of my limit for the day :lol::smh:. Wasn't even thinking about intake at the time

Timing is HOTLY debated my friend. I'd say, keep tracking your macros, and your results, then see what works best for you and adjust accordingly. Volumes of data out there about how to properly utilize glycogen stores, using glucose to fuel workouts etc etc

Back
Top Bottom