STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Went to the gym to hit DL one last time and try and hit 2-3 reps at 5plates...place is closed smh. Mad disappointing. Might do it thursday even tho that dumb lady thats always riffin bout me doin DL in socks works weekdays. Might even drop the weight from my waist on the last rep just to piss her off.

whats everyone's incline barbell bench to flat ratio?

my incline is around 190 for sets of 5x5 and my flat is around like 220 for 5x5.

Havent done incline in almost 2mths but my 1rm was 245, pretty sure i can hit at least 255 now. 1rm flat is 305.

Who remembers drink a gallon of milk a day for real gainz :lol:
fzym6spj0acxanrmn0an.gif

had an awesome push day minus the stupid meat heads in my gym.

incline bench 5x5 with 195. hit this with 190 last week.. gonna try 200 next week for 5x5. #progress

Can anyone recommend some above the knee length shorts? My traditional basketball shorts I squat in always get in the way.

Can anyone recommend some above the knee length shorts? My traditional basketball shorts I squat in always get in the way.

Me and my workout homies have a running joke that "pum pum" shorts is the move for leg day :rofl:

But in all seriousness go with some 7 or 9 inch running shorts.

Last edited:
I use army PT shorts just wear some pro combats under so ur nuts ain't swanging

askim35 askim35 virus make some great shorts, 4 way stretch, good length (above the knee). love mine. i’ve heard good things about flex ion hear shorts too

Anyone try that Ghost Whey? GNC has a solid deal going on with buy 2 get 1 free and it stacks with a 20% coupon that is floating around. I got 3 tubs for 68 bucks shipped.

Never heard of that is a great deal though

Hit legs dumb hard today followed up with some tricep accessory work.

Anyone try that Ghost Whey? GNC has a solid deal going on with buy 2 get 1 free and it stacks with a 20% coupon that is floating around. I got 3 tubs for 68 bucks shipped.

i heard of it. it gets a lot of crap for being overpriced but that deal is pretty awesome.

Never heard of that is a great deal though

Hit legs dumb hard today followed up with some tricep accessory work.

A lot of these "fitness" youtubers are promoting it. Don't quote me on this but I believe the owners used to work at Cellucor/Neon Sport.

i heard of it. it gets a lot of crap for being overpriced but that deal is pretty awesome.

Yes, at retail it is pricey; however this deal is pretty good. I ended up getting 2 peanut butter cereal and 1 blueberry pastry.

I haven't maxed on either in almost a year, but at my peak I hit 415 on flat and right around 365 on incline.

fuark..strong benching brah.

Elbows are in too much pain these days. Emailed my doctor to see if I need xrays and what the next step should be.

All beltless dl

405x1
425x2
445x1
465x1

Defecit 315 3x5

Some farmer walks that almost made me puke... like 200 pounds dont know these handles weights.

Three sets, kept walking until my grip gave out each set. Saw hella stars and probably Jesus. :sick:

Then some cable rows.

It ain't show my emoji. Wack.

I said Coffee ON is goat. Cake batter is good. Mocha Cap. Is "ok". I just had a shake with Vanilla + PB powder and it was DELICIOUS. I didn't even know PB came in powder. I ordered one the same day.

Mlps, ain't you at 500?

Wait, ahat you'll definitely die at this. Remember that dude who didn't want me to put my water on "his bench" he was using to "rest on" in between sets? Why dude butted in my convo with my man, about benching, and was like "I saw your video on IG, what program you use?". I told him, cause it's not that serious, but it was funny. I should've pulled an Arnold and gave him wrong advice on purpose. (Dude has to be 225lb+ but his numbers are average, for his weight, anyways).

Wait, ahat you'll definitely die at this. Remember that dude who didn't want me to put my water on "his bench" he was using to "rest on" in between sets? Why dude butted in my convo with my man, about benching, and was like "I saw your video on IG, what program you use?". I told him, cause it's not that serious, but it was funny. I should've pulled an Arnold and gave him wrong advice on purpose. (Dude has to be 225lb+ but his numbers are average, for his weight, anyways).

:lol: you shoulda been like

tenor.gif

Egg whites and a big bowl of oatmeal this morning in memory of Rich .

Now I'm ready to hit this back before the gym closes.

Also I'll comment later on a pair of Nike shorts I bought that sit right at the knee or a tad higher. Cotton mix but super stretchy. I use them a lot for leg day. I bought at a factory store

Has anyone here done the Smolov squat program? I've plateaued in squats since I moved a month or so ago and don't feel confident with heavier weights in a new rack (I normally don't ask for spots because it's distracting, most people don't know **** and end up doing more harm than good). If you have done it, did you need a belt most days? I don't have one but am considering picking up a Pioneer PL belt in a month or two because my lower back gets fatigued/strained before my legs on squat days more often than not and I imagine squatting 3-5 times a week on Smolov would only exacerbate that...

I normally squat 2x/week (one heavy day, one volume day), but haven't gotten anywhere close to my max from earlier this summer (355x2).

Has anyone here done the Smolov squat program? I've plateaued in squats since I moved a month or so ago and don't feel confident with heavier weights in a new rack (I normally don't ask for spots because it's distracting, most people don't know **** and end up doing more harm than good). If you have done it, did you need a belt most days? I don't have one but am considering picking up a Pioneer PL belt in a month or two because my lower back gets fatigued/strained before my legs on squat days more often than not and I imagine squatting 3-5 times a week on Smolov would only exacerbate that...

I normally squat 2x/week (one heavy day, one volume day), but haven't gotten anywhere close to my max from earlier this summer (355x2).

I didn't run Smolov for squats however I did run Smolov Jr for bench and had some success with it. You should look at the template and plug in your working max. Perhaps the first few rounds might be using working weights lower than you are used to. I would probably say with higher frequency, make sure your mobility is done prior to lifting. Tight hip flexors squatting 4x a week would not feel good lol.

yall ever seen this iron addicts vs gym gang? pretty dope and they moving crazy weight.

Back
Top Bottom